Why don't we get to keep the Splatfest Tees?

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I think it's kinda lame that we don't, tbh. I think they should allow us to keep them as a "trophy." Or, what would be even more interesting is to only allow the winning team to keep theirs. That way, you have a very high incentive for winning, as well as as having a cool collectible.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I think it's because since you only get them when splatfests are coming up, new players wouldn't have a way of collecting them until the next one is announced. It'll basically be difficult for new players to collect those. That is if Spyke let's you order them.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I think it's because since you only get them when splatfests are coming up, new players wouldn't have a way of collecting them until the next one is announced. It'll basically be difficult for new players to collect those. That is if Spyke let's you order them.
That makes sense. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have them as a sort of "bragging right?" Like, my team won Splatfest, so that's how I got this, etc.

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
That makes sense. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have them as a sort of "bragging right?" Like, my team won Splatfest, so that's how I got this, etc.
Yeah, that would be cool, It would be like owning event pokemon

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
I would like to keep a Splatfest shirt. But I think having them get handed out to the winner would encourage people to dogpile onto one team to weigh the odds in their favour.
For example, everyone votes for team dogs because they know, if enough are on that team, they'll be able to weigh splatfest in their favour. Instead of a more natural way. ("I like dogs, I'll vote for them instead of cats." etc.)
It could happen even without the reward of a splatfest tee, but it would give more incentive to weigh the odds.

micahclay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
micahclay
I would like to keep a Splatfest shirt. But I think having them get handed out to the winner would encourage people to dogpile onto one team to weigh the odds in their favour.
For example, everyone votes for team dogs because they know, if enough are on that team, they'll be able to weigh splatfest in their favour. Instead of a more natural way. ("I like dogs, I'll vote for them instead of cats." etc.)
It could happen even without the reward of a splatfest tee, but it would give more incentive to weigh the odds.
Huh, good point. I had not though about that happenning, but it would very much be a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom