Why Is Furrie Being Drawn In Splatoon 2?

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I have no problem with this but I do want to actually know the reason behind this. So one day I was playing Splatoon 2, and went to the Square. Then suddenly, all the posts I see are just filled with furries! Pictures, words, everything! (Although the drawings were pretty cool) Can someone tell me the reason behind this? Did a popular youtuber say something in a Splatoon 2 video that caused this or is this just a natural thing that just happened?

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
I mean, the game does lend itself to the furry world quite a lot.

Reactions: Lyn

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
There was a pretty long topic about this on here (that got moved to the off-topic section it seems), but based off what I've heard from others this whole thing started because someone made a Miiverse post saying something along the line of "Stop posting furrie drawings." or something like and in response to that one post people began drawing an a bunch of furrie artwork to the point of which the plaza if filled with nothing but those types of posts. (There's probably a deeper story to this but I don't know much about it.)

Some people seem annoyed by the sight of these posts, while others don't seem to mind it. It's kind of like what happened in Splatoon 1 where a lot of people started making "Take a selfie with me" posts or the Undertale posts when that game blown up in popularity (but in this case it's a direct response against the supposed "anti-furrie" posts it seems).

The furrie post spam should die down after a while, I'll guess after a few weeks.

Last edited:

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
There was a pretty long topic about this on here (that got moved to the off-topic section it seems), but based off what I've heard from others this whole thing started because someone made a Miiverse post saying something along the line of "Stop posting furrie drawings." or something like and in response to that one post people began drawing an a bunch of furrie artwork to the point of which the plaza if filled with nothing but those types of posts. (There's probably a deeper story to this but I don't know much about it.)

Some people seem annoyed by the sight of these posts, while others don't seem to mind it. It's kind of like what happened in Splatoon 1 where a lot of people started making "Take a selfie with me" posts or the Undertale posts when that game blown up in popularity (but in this case it's a direct response against the supposed "anti-furrie" posts it seems).

The furrie post spam should die down after a while, I'll guess after a few weeks.
Thanks for the info Silxer. And yea, it should probably die in a few weeks. Someone must've made a post saying "Stop posting furrie drawings" in the lobby and people saw it and the whole thing started once again! At least that's how I think anyway.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Furries are everywhere and quite like to draw. I'm sure there was quite a bit of it in the first game, but it never blew up in the same way as it did now.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Furries are everywhere and quite like to draw. I'm sure there was quite a bit of it in the first game, but it never blew up in the same way as it did now.
Defiantly. I remember seeing some in Splatoon 1, like you know one out of seven days I would see a Furry drawing but here, it is JUST EVERYWHERE!

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
Anthropomorphic squids are basically furries.

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
Eh. I guess it does kinda make sense now that you mention it. No joke, today I found a post that literally said, "Inklings are furries"
Exactly. Furries don't tend to be a subtle group, so it is not surprising they've exploded all over Spla2n worse than Team Mayo in the next Splatfest.

Sadly.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Exactly. Furries don't tend to be a subtle group, so it is not surprising they've exploded all over Spla2n worse than Team Mayo in the next Splatfest.

Sadly.
Sadly indeed. Very sad. Don't want to offend anyone, but to me it seems like the Furry community is just everywhere. Even where you least expect it like in Splatoon 1 & 2.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Dunno if I'd go so far as to say the Inklings are literally furries, at least not by the definition I'm familiar with.

I mean, I guess I have no real issue with the furry community. Or at least, I ought to not have any. Doesn't really change the strangeness of the situation though.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander

HEY LOOK, SOMEONE NOTICED MY TOPIC!!
While we're noticing it, someone please lock it... I regret posting it now because I'm afraid that I've started a war ;-;

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
HEY LOOK, SOMEONE NOTICED MY TOPIC!!
While we're noticing it, someone please lock it... I regret posting it now because I'm afraid that I've started a war ;-;
Oh so you were the one who made that post! I actually did find it in the off-topic section. And don't worry, I don't think you've caused that much of a war.

Kimmorz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kimmorz
In case you're still interested, there's a Kotaku article on how it started. Basically someone posted furry hate, and the furries retaliated. I get why people don't like it, but personally, I love to see their art, they are pretty talented. As an artist myself, mad respect for their art skills. The fad will probably die down over time.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
In case you're still interested, there's a Kotaku article on how it started. Basically someone posted furry hate, and the furries retaliated. I get why people don't like it, but personally, I love to see their art, they are pretty talented. As an artist myself, mad respect for their art skills. The fad will probably die down over time.
Thanks for the info. And I do agree that their art is really drawn, it's just that there's TOO MANY! Just read the Kotaku article, I saw the original furrie image a few weeks back. Huh. It'll die soon though, like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom