why is splatoon so annoying to play online

Crazc

Inkling
NNID
RJB0077
like seriously

every time I play online, I will without a doubt be given an absolute crap team and play against gods or campers or spammers. It's relentless. It's impossible to escape. The gameplay in this game is great, but it's basically telling people to camp and be annoying.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
like seriously

every time I play online, I will without a doubt be given an absolute crap team and play against gods or campers or spammers. It's relentless. It's impossible to escape. The gameplay in this game is great, but it's basically telling people to camp and be annoying.
Maybe you need to adjust your play-style. I can't say for sure but i don't seem to running into the same problem. I don't find that it tells people to camp at all.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
Seems like you just have to git gud

but anyway why don't you jump in with some of us and play. most of us know our stuff at least somewhat, so if you're with us you'll be treated to some more victories, and if you're against us then you'll have some real people to practice against. Assuming turf war of course.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
If your problem is campers, use a weapon with an echolocator and your problem is solved, or just a different weapon and playstyle all together. If it's god players, you gotta get better or re-lobby to some players more your skill level.

As with any game in the early multiplayer you shouldn't be playing to win, you should be playing to learn.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
You can't really camp in turf wars. It's possible on some of the splat zone maps, but I've always been able to dislodge them either with an inkstrike or a few bombs.

Practice squidding quickly under fire and using basic spray-n-squid movement techniques. It takes time.

ALWAYS BELIEVE

Crazc

Inkling
NNID
RJB0077
Seems like you just have to git gud

but anyway why don't you jump in with some of us and play. most of us know our stuff at least somewhat, so if you're with us you'll be treated to some more victories, and if you're against us then you'll have some real people to practice against. Assuming turf war of course.
I'll send you a friend request later ;)

Drain

Inkling
I don't think you should focus too much on your team. I just try to do my best. That's all I can control. If I know I did my best and we still lose because of a bad team then I don't really mind that much. The opposite is just as likely to happen. Winning a match or not doesn't matter that much to me. Learning to be a better player and trying not to make any mistakes is what I try to focus on.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
The struggles of solo queue. Just one of the things I've gotten used to playing League of Legends. You are going to get teammates not as good as the enemy.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Is this ranked mode of regular mode you are talking about?
If it's ranked mode I don't blame you, it's not even really worth playing atm. Regular mode? I'm not sure I can help since I've got no idea what you mean. Try playing with friends.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I feel bad when me and my team steam roll newcomers. It feels like I'm a bully when I ink almost right where their spawn is, can't do much about it when there's no more spots for me to shoot though.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Ranked mode, yeah... Just gotta learn to deal with that or not play for a while until people learn and improve.

It's not too bad in Turf Wars, or at least not as bad. If you're good enough you can sometimes carry the team.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
I don't find that it tells people to camp at all.
One of the biggest features in this game is that you are invisible while standing still (or even moving!) in your own ink.
If that doesn't say "spray the ground and then become invisible and camp" then I don't know what does.

But I haven't personally noticed it being a big deal in terms of ruining gameplay.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
One of the biggest features in this game is that you are invisible while standing still (or even moving!) in your own ink.
If that doesn't say "spray the ground and then become invisible and camp" then I don't know what does.

But I haven't personally noticed it being a big deal in terms of ruining gameplay.
Pretty much everyone is always spraying the ground anyway, so hiding in your ink won't exactly help. That's why you don't run into it being a big deal. Because it's hard to do and the game doesn't promote camping despite what the mechanic might initially suggest.

agentkirb

Inkling
NNID
agentkirb
Pretty much everyone is always spraying the ground anyway, so hiding in your ink won't exactly help. That's why you don't run into it being a big deal. Because it's hard to do and the game doesn't promote camping despite what the mechanic might initially suggest.
This^

At least in Turf Wars, you get more points by trying to spread ink around than you do trying to just go for kills. Camping isn't an optimal strategy. Although, maybe that's another level of why people that camp are so annoying if it's a situation where they are going out of there way to make things less fun for you.

Marissa

Inkling
NNID
poupster
I find turf wars hard to play after ranked was released for some reason. Every 2 games i get someone painting in the spawn only. Lvl 15+

wingedarcher7

Inkling
NNID
speedstar623
I don't know, I actually like playing online. The fact of the matter is that you're always going to have team mates from time to time that may not make the best decisions, but that's what playing online games is like and Splatoon is honestly no different. One thing that I do think is different is that, with the small teams, one person can make a massive difference. Sneak behind the enemy or start painting a part of the map no one is at and you can turn the tides like crazy. Just keep playing, practicing, and having fun. It's a game at the end of the day after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom