• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why isn't there any weapon with both high damage and high fire rate?

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
Like, maybe something among the lines of 30 range, 55 damage, and 65 fire rate or something (which works out to be an average of 50)
Honestly the Splattershot Pro and Dual Squelcher go over an average stat of 50... so even 40 / 60 / 70 is plausible (Splattershot Pro has 70 range, 60 damage, and 40 fire rate btw)

This would be my ideal weapon... why isn't there a weapon like this?
Is there going to be a weapon like this in the future?

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
The Splash-o-matic has 30/25/70 and the Jr. 32/32/75 (according to the wiki not sure if those values are right but they should be close to the real ones) the stats you suggest would be a strraight upgrade over the poor Splash-o-matic and the only advantage Jr would have is 5 more RoF
Splattershot pro has higher raw stats because it also has insane ink hunger

maybe check out the Sploosh-o-matic not sure about it's stats but it seems to splat in 3 shots and it's pretty fast, with high RoF you splat really fast I don't think having more attack will make much difference

Konsento

Inkling
NNID
Yell0wCutlass
Haha, you do have a point. But the Splattershot Jr. is a starter weapon, and I'm pretty sure the Splash-O-Matic's shots don't really arc, making it really accurate. That's where they would still have an advantage.

Coest

Inkling
Haha, you do have a point. But the Splattershot Jr. is a starter weapon, and I'm pretty sure the Splash-O-Matic's shots don't really arc, making it really accurate. That's where they would still have an advantage.
The fact that the Jr is a starter really doesn't mean anything, it's actually very good. The bubbler is also an amazing special

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
High damage and high fire rate.

I present to you, the Sploosh-o-Matic.
image.jpg

A fire rate close to that of the Aerospray and the power of the Splattershot, but the range is absolutely atrocious.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
The weapon you describe in the OP would probably be way too strong and throw the game's balance out of the window.

There is one important hidden stat which is missing in-game, though - accuracy (like Pro = high, .96 gal = low). So hypothetically you could give a high-ranged/strong/high-fire-rate-weapon a terrible accuracy to balance it out which I'd actually like to see in-game :D

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
The weapon you describe in the OP would probably be way too strong and throw the game's balance out of the window.

There is one important hidden stat which is missing in-game, though - accuracy (like Pro = high, .96 gal = low). So hypothetically you could give a high-ranged/strong/high-fire-rate-weapon a terrible accuracy to balance it out which I'd actually like to see in-game :D
Such a weapon would just be described as a short-ranged weapon because that would be the only way to get the shots to consistently land.
Aerospray already faces this dilemma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom