• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

why must the switch be like trying to find the holy grail?

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
I live in a pretty small town where you gotta drive into the next town just to find a place to buy games from(that being walmart or gamestop)so i already feel like I'm ar a severe disadvantage but also I've never once it in stock or seen someone around me using the thing

legit i have only seen the switch in commercials and on internet videos

my birthdays on 9/22 so hopefully i can score one by then sadly i doubt much will change and i don't think even someone who really likes me would play with the scalpers just to get 1 console

there's just too many scalpers scooping up what little stock stores get and since I'm patiently waiting for my bday there's nothing i can do but hope that a big batch of switches come in time for pokken dx(lol wut? yeah righr)

it's a reason i haven't been on this board to discuss splatoon 2....because i don't own the switch and splatoon 2

getting the wii-u was easy enough obviously but when you reverse things and go looking for a super successful console it's like trying to find a unicorn it's not gonna happen

speedySonic

Full Squid
I believe there's a shortage in computer parts, and Nintendo and Apple are fighting through the shortage. Apple is winning.

But hopefully you'll find one. I got mine through an online bundle from Toys R Us, so you may want to look into those. Online is probably your best option.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
We had to drive out around 60 miles to obtain ours. Same with the amiibos, they get swiped up so fast. It is even crazy that retiree neighborhoods are without switches.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
I believe there's a shortage in computer parts, and Nintendo and Apple are fighting through the shortage. Apple is winning.

But hopefully you'll find one. I got mine through an online bundle from Toys R Us, so you may want to look into those. Online is probably your best option.
online is full of scalppers and crappy bundles filled with stuff you don't want or need

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
Whatever u do, DON'T 'preorder' it from Amazon or any other online shop. They don't really know when their next shipments will be in, so if u choose to preorder for the next batch, you'll be waiting for months...

I got mine straight from Nintendo UK. I recommend using a stock checking site to set up email alerts to tell u when stock is in. If u get it straight from Nintendo, you'll get next day delivery and not waiting months for it like Amazon. The red and blue Switches are definitely more common than the grey ones, if u want a grey switch u should definitely order it online

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/

This site helped me get those squid sister amiibos when it was being scalped. You can also get email,text and browser alerts too.

Hope this helps :V GL

Edit: Yeah, Ebay is also listed but thats also the give up button, forget that lol.

Edit 2: Actually this site notifies switches in stock NOT from scalpers but from Gamestop, Best buy and other sites at regular price.

Last edited:
It's simple supply and demand. Something becomes popular and limited in stock becomes sough after and highly valued. Having said that, if Nintendo didn't release so many consoles like the SNES Classic or that new 2DS thing then maybe they could focus on producing a reasonable number of Switches per month rather than most people resorting to third websites like Ebay.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
my birthdays in september and i don't wanna go on some wild goose chase with my dad for something that might not even exist around here

i also don't want scalpers to win

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Just saw two today casually sitting in a Target store after I had been searching for one for months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom