Why the Disruptor is Fantastic

Xeiros

Senior Squid
I love how fantastically well the Disruptor fits with the Blaster. Here's why:

1. It explodes instantly on contact so there's no need to time its explosion properly.

2. Compared to many other sub weapons it uses much less ink.

3. Its visual effect on poisoned inklings makes it easier to track them when they're swimming around trying to outflank you/escape. It also has the added bonus of negating the invisibility of the ninja squid perk while in effect.

4. The speed decrease it inflicts makes it much easier to not only land a direct hit, but can allow a pressured teammate to escape/fight back or act as a simple retreat option for you in tight situations. I cannot emphasize enough how useful being able to, at least temporarily, cripple an enemy inkling's maneuverability is.

5. It lowering their other abilities as well combined with everything else essentially spells a death sentence if even a semi competent player uses it on you. If you're hit with this, expect to get splatted shortly after so you'd best be quick or hope their aim is awful because this poison is the real deal.

There is no reason whatsoever not to use it during every encounter as long as you're able to properly manage your ink which you should be doing anyway. Considering all the the various combat options this bottle of toxic chemicals grants the user from easier splats, to safer retreats, to assists it's quite easy to see why this sub weapon currently appears in only two weapon sets in the game. Underestimate it at your own peril.

Last edited:

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Always thought it was really interesting, will certainly give it a good try when I get into the game.

16bitdave

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
16bitdave
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-8419-7001
I am in love with the disruptor! Works well for me when I'm out and about tri sloshing the world

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
I love using the disruptor with the rapid blaster pro deco, as my aim is terrible! :D

Zolda

Full Squid
I agree, the Disruptor is fantastic. I think it's underrated actually, but that probably has more to do with its relative rarity compared to other more common subs. Hitting someone with a Disruptor usually results in an easy kill, and if not it at least forces the target out of the fight for a bit. I think this sub can really shine in the hands of someone who knows how to use it not just for combat purposes, but for shutting down potential avenues of movement for the opponent.

The best example of this is on Mahi Mahi Resort. Hitting someone with a Disruptor on any of the numerous floating platforms completely locks them down in that spot since it removes their ability to successfully jump off the platform. At best you'll be able to easily kill them since they're trapped, but even if you can't they have no choice but to sit around and wait for the Disruptor to wear off before they can go anywhere. Even better are the ones who still try to make the jump and end up plummeting straight into the water as a result.

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Well I main the Zink Mini Splatling so of course I love them. I think it's the least useful on the Tri Slosher because the attack range on it is so wide, but it still fits on it. This is probably one of the few specials that would work well on almost any weapon.

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
6. It gives your prey the hope of freedom as they try in vain to escape before you splat them.

Also I just thought of something genius. A squad with one person running ink saver sub and disruptors, another person running special charge up and echolocator, a third person running special duration up and Kraken, and the fourth person running whatever abilities they need to quickly do whatever is needed in that mode. It probably wouldn't work as well in practice, but it sounds amazing.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Quick tip: jumping back to spawn gets rid of the disruptor's effect. I see people I hit with one jump back to spawn all the time

As above said disruptors plus echolocator is amazing, one of the reasons I love the bamboozler mk.II so much ^w^

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Good L-3 strategy:

1. Sneak up to group of enemies with a Wail charged

2. Disrupt the lot of them

3. Aim Wail at them

4. Laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom