Will ink mine rush ever be a thing?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I mean, come on, who wouldn't want an ink mine rush? If the detonation time of the ink mine would be buffed from 15 seconds to maybe 60 seconds, or better yet, to forever, I think that ink mine rush could be a thing. It wouldn't be very hard to implement.

thoughts?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
As much as I hope for buffs to the ink mine, I don't think a rush of them would ever be that great. Ink Mines are usually more about blocking certain points and surprising people. An ink mine rush would end up being pretty grounded in one area, so it's not great for closing off areas, and people would know to try to be careful for mines after the first one. Bomb Rushes are also usually meant for covering up a large area while keeping enemies away, but an Ink Mine rush could have enemies firing at it to get them to explode before them and get their turf on it almost right away.

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I think that the concept has potential. You could mine your base in TC and RM to prevent the enemy from pushing, and you could mine around the splat zone after an ace to surprise the enemy when they try to re-capture the zone after respawning. Obviously, the detonation timemer has to be buffed significantly for this to be any good.

I think that it could work if you could plant mines by throwing them like bombs, so that they can be planted in enemy ink. The main reason why ink mines are so laughably bad is because they are way too easy to detect and eliminate by spraying ink over them. If you could place them in enemy ink, there would be no reason to spray ink there, so the mines could actually catch enemies by surprise. Might be OP though, and it might make Suction bombs redundant.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Dude, Ink Mine rush sounds hella funny!

Just lay a bunch of Ink Mines down either in mid or in a hallway, like on Walleye Warehouse, then a few seconds after the special ends, watch as your enemies step into deceivingly unsafe waters. Then, once it's too late, your Ink Mines will go off like fire works and BANISH those mother ****ers into the shadow realm!!!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I feel it's way too easy to abuse if you have two, three, or even four players all using ink mine rush as a coordinated team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom