• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will Shop RNG clothing have set perks?

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Say that Jelly Fresh is selling a Mint Tee one day. You buy three. Will they all have the same perks hidden behind their slots?

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
the first one, yes. the others, I don't think so, because you can get them reset by spyke and if the perks were locked, it would kind of defeat the purpose of resetting them.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
The hidden sub-perks will be random. The first visible base perk can vary on the same piece of gear in the shop from day to day, according to what's been said by the Nintendo Treehouse rep.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
The hidden sub-perks will be random. The first visible base perk can vary on the same piece of gear in the shop from day to day, according to what's been said by the Nintendo Treehouse rep.
I hear many YouTubers saying this about the main ability, but I have yet to see the same gear have different main abilities. Also I have seen some footage where the shop said "Owned" below a piece of gear, so I think you can't buy multiples at the same day at least (If you can, still believe all sub-abilities are totally random).

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
I hear many YouTubers saying this about the main ability, but I have yet to see the same gear have different main abilities. Also I have seen some footage where the shop said "Owned" below a piece of gear, so I think you can't buy multiples at the same day at least (If you can, still believe all sub-abilities are totally random).
Yeah, I saw a video of someone shopping, and they tried to buy an item they owned and, the headwear girl wouldn't let them buy it.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
The hidden perk should always be different, or at least have a chance of getting a different perk.
Why would you buy the same gear if it has the same sub-perk every time you unlock it, that would go against to why you would exchange your old one for a new one if the sub-perk was not as you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom