Will Side Order be a rougelike?

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
Ya they already confirmed it. I can't recall if it was in a twitter post or a trailer. They showed meta progression in the elevvator with how you can choose what type of challenge/upgrade you want as you move up each floor.

NTDO_SPLAT

Inkling
Ya they already confirmed it. I can't recall if it was in a twitter post or a trailer. They showed meta progression in the elevvator with how you can choose what type of challenge/upgrade you want as you move up each floor.
^^^
A lot from these two screens, from each floor option having some sort of bonus to a "highest floor" stat being seen, suggests that if the game isnt a roguelite, it'll definitely have a lot of similar aspects.

Attachments

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
It's nice to know people agree lol, I was just doubting myself personally since some friends weren't convinced that Nintendo would actually make it a rougelike. I'm excited to start speedrunning the game as soon as I'm finished with the game!

Eight

Inkling
NNID
Eight
Switch Friend Code
SW-8541-7647-2894
From what they've shown and said, I do think it will be.

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
^^^
A lot from these two screens, from each floor option having some sort of bonus to a "highest floor" stat being seen, suggests that if the game isnt a roguelite, it'll definitely have a lot of similar aspects.
I remember them explicitly saying roguelike but idk where (like nintendo or splatoon official). I'm sure it was in a twitter post but I don't have twitter on my phone anymore cuz twitter is *** so I can't search through their posts.

Tho after looking at these it reminds me that I wonder how meta progression is going to work. Because it seems like almost always you are going to want to go for dps and the higher reward/harder floors. I have serveral hundred hours in other roguelikes like slay the spire. In my experience you always want to go for higher reward floors if you can take them. Emphasize power scaling as much and as fast and as early as possible.

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
I remember them explicitly saying roguelike but idk where (like nintendo or splatoon official). I'm sure it was in a twitter post but I don't have twitter on my phone anymore cuz twitter is *** so I can't search through their posts.

Tho after looking at these it reminds me that I wonder how meta progression is going to work. Because it seems like almost always you are going to want to go for dps and the higher reward/harder floors. I have serveral hundred hours in other roguelikes like slay the spire. In my experience you always want to go for higher reward floors if you can take them. Emphasize power scaling as much and as fast and as early as possible.
I'm hoping it's like Hades, possibly! Having a set end goal with a main challenge being to get there as fast as possible or with certain restrictions. Though I've mainly just been addicted to that game so my opinion may be swayed.

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
I'm hoping it's like Hades, possibly! Having a set end goal with a main challenge being to get there as fast as possible or with certain restrictions. Though I've mainly just been addicted to that game so my opinion may be swayed.
I do actually see it being more like hades since its an action rogue-like, but with mechanics of salmon, making sure you can out dps and outpaint the enemy. Same story execution as hades too I imagine. Might be levels with obstacle courses and moving objectives around besides just bopping a bunch of enemies who knows.

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
I wonder if a corrupted Agent 4 would steal your palette and you need to build a new one from scratch, then you fight Agent 4 equipped with your old buffs I think that would be cool please let Agent 4 be in Side Order

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
A Splatoon roguelike mode would go so crazy tbh. Clearing rooms and getting random main weapons, subs, and even specials would be super fun, especially if they added gear perks into the mix!

I'm definitely biased though because I love roguelikes. Slay the Spire and Enter the Gungeon are some of my favorite games of all time. Shoutouts to Dead Cells and Hades too

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
I wonder if a corrupted Agent 4 would steal your palette and you need to build a new one from scratch, then you fight Agent 4 equipped with your old buffs I think that would be cool please let Agent 4 be in Side Order
Reminds me a lot of Wildfrost's final boss mechanic where the final boss will be composed of the party you made in the previous run.

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
Reminds me a lot of Wildfrost's final boss mechanic where the final boss will be composed of the party you made in the previous run.
It reminds me of Risk of Rain 2 as well! Where you're tested on how your own build goes against yourself.

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
the vibe i'm kinda getting (not really based on anything concrete) is that you might get to put together a unique sub/special kit for every run you do, which would definitely make it worthwhile to replay. maybe your rewards could include unlocking more subs and specials to use in future runs?

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
the vibe i'm kinda getting (not really based on anything concrete) is that you might get to put together a unique sub/special kit for every run you do, which would definitely make it worthwhile to replay. maybe your rewards could include unlocking more subs and specials to use in future runs?
Perhaps this is what credits are used for? Or at least picking up new weapons and their set kits.

Oculus049

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6459-9122-3512
Perhaps this is what credits are used for? Or at least picking up new weapons and their set kits.
Ya I was wondering that too if the credits were going to be meta currency or current run currency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom