• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will the Ink Rocket be overpowered?

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
It looks pretty balanced, the amount of ink it puts down isn't huge and you get a decent amount of warning before it strikes. Its sort of like the Killer Wail but in one spot and with a larger radius.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
It was stated uh...somewhere that it's not hard to avoid, but rather good for spreading enemies out, it'll be useful in Splat Zones for completing a cap but like getting a full special bar will be difficult considering how easy it is to die.

Whats with all the "[item] is overpowered!" threads anyways? Wait till the game is out guys

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
It was stated uh...somewhere that it's not hard to avoid, but rather good for spreading enemies out, it'll be useful in Splat Zones for completing a cap but like getting a full special bar will be difficult considering how easy it is to die.

Whats with all the "[item] is overpowered!" threads anyways? Wait till the game is out guys
Yeah, this was a problem with Smash Bros 4 as well, the 'Little Mac is OP' madness actually started before the game even came out. Ink Rocket sounds like it could be good for setting up an approach or split pushing, but I doubt any special can be used often enough to be considered OP. I'm also planning on activating the Bubbler and walking into an enemy Ink Rocket just to taunt them.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Yeah, this was a problem with Smash Bros 4 as well, the 'Little Mac is OP' madness actually started before the game even came out. Ink Rocket sounds like it could be good for setting up an approach or split pushing, but I doubt any special can be used often enough to be considered OP. I'm also planning on activating the Bubbler and walking into an enemy Ink Rocket just to taunt them.
Sorry to burst your bubble (sorry, I had to,) but you will also get knocked out of the ink strike if you have the shield on. And there is no way for you to walk into it, since you will just bounce off the ink strike.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Sorry to burst your bubble (sorry, I had to,) but you will also get knocked out of the ink strike if you have the shield on. And there is no way for you to walk into it, since you will just bounce off the ink strike.
Change of plan, I'm doing this with the enemy Killer Whale. Or just walking into a Roller then shooting them in the face.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The ink strike gives enough warning for it not to be much of an issue. But it will certainly be powerful be able to paint any spot you want on the map.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Change of plan, I'm doing this with the enemy Killer Whale. Or just walking into a Roller then shooting them in the face.
You cannot do this with killer wail either. I tried. You get knocked out of it.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
You cannot do this with killer wail either. I tried. You get knocked out of it.
What good is a protective weapon that just knocks you out of dangerous attacks, how am I supposed to mock the enemy team? I mean come on, it's like the Bubbler is supposed to be used to avoid dying or something.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
As previous Inklings have stated, the Inkstrike (the name of the weapon you're referring to) seems pretty balanced. It's going to be incredible useful in Splat Zones, where both teams are trying to take a single area in the map, though opponents get a fair warning when one is being launched.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
What good is a protective weapon that just knocks you out of dangerous attacks, how am I supposed to mock the enemy team? I mean come on, it's like the Bubbler is supposed to be used to avoid dying or something.
Every weapon needs a weakness. Basically, any big attack will make you flinch/get knocked back when in the shield. But hey, at least you're not dead.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Every weapon needs a weakness. Basically, any big attack will make you flinch/get knocked back when in the shield. But hey, at least you're not dead.
You know I wonder if you use the Bubbler near the edge of Saltspray Rig and get hit with one of the specials, would you get knocked off the stage into the water?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
nah, it's a super weapon, so you have to stay alive for a while and go outside your comfort zone and spread ink before you get to use it. lots of players will die before managing to get an opportunity to use it. even then, its radius isn't very big (a bit wider than the crates at mid on warehouse,) and players can run outside of it if they see it coming. most won't, though. all it takes to counter someone who has an ink strike is fragging them or retreating. it looks great for shuttdown down choke points and bringing an end to a firefight, as well as spreading your ink around, but it doesn't look overpowered at all.

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
I dont think it will be OP in the way that it will kill everyone, but i feel like it can just lay out SO MUCH INK in so little time. Literally, in small maps like Walleye Warehouse, you can take out half of the enemy teams paint. Especially if you save this special til the end of the game, you can get a ton of ink on the other teams territory to win you the game

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I dont think it will be OP in the way that it will kill everyone, but i feel like it can just lay out SO MUCH INK in so little time. Literally, in small maps like Walleye Warehouse, you can take out half of the enemy teams paint. Especially if you save this special til the end of the game, you can get a ton of ink on the other teams territory to win you the game
it doesn't spread THAT much ink, the radius is a bit wider than the crates on walleye warehouse. it's not going to take out half of their ink. not to mention, you already have to live long enough to use it, so it's not like it can be spammed.

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
it doesn't spread THAT much ink, the radius is a bit wider than the crates on walleye warehouse. it's not going to take out half of their ink. not to mention, you already have to live long enough to use it, so it's not like it can be spammed.
maybe youre right. I guess well see on the 29th

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I doubt it, everything in the game seems to be balanced so far. :)

NNID
superalice256
It looks visually impressive, but really that area could be done with a roller in about 5 seconds or so, plus a draw back is your enemy pretty much knows where you are immediately

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom