• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will there be more Gear in the future.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I am hoping there will be a lot of gear in the future to come. General DLC and DLC that is based off of holidays and events.

Does anyone know if Nintendo plans on giving us a fair amount after the release or if Nintendo does DLC a lot for any game in particular?

I've played a lot of PC games and there seems to be so much additional content after the games are released. Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends is a good example

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
they have been doing a lot of DLC in games lately. Mario kart 8 was released how long ago and it got an update adding 200cc just recently

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I'm really crossing my fingers for Octopus skins. The two octopus girls in a screen shot on their tumblr looked really neat. It'd be neat if they had an overall darker feel and were playable. Same game mechanics and all, just they look different and their squids instead of squids, are octopus.

Last edited:

Actilide

Inkling Cadet
I'm really crossing my skin for Octopus skins. The two octopus girls in a screen shot on their tumblr looked really neat. It'd be neat if they had an overall darker feel and were playable. Same game mechanics and all, just they look different and their squids instead of squids, are octopus.
I wanna play as Octarians too, they look pretty sweet!

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
they have been doing a lot of DLC in games lately. Mario kart 8 was released how long ago and it got an update adding 200cc just recently
It got 200cc :O I haven't played it for a bit. That's incredible. It was just Mario Kart 8 DLC seems to take eons to get there. I don't really count the mercedes benz... because I don't think anyone was really excited for it. Game came out in May. Big DLC got her at November 13 2014, and april 23 2015.
I just googled the 200cc. I'm glad it got rid of fire hopping lol. At first it wasn't that bad. BUT THEN. My lord it got ridiculous. Pretty much broken. I will have to go back to Mario Kart again. For the longest time online some people were beating me but I couldn't figure out why and why so much (distance wise) Until I saw time trials. That's not even beatable by less skilled players or people that just didn't know it existed or that haven't figured it out.

I hope they redo the Time Trials. I am going to go back to Mario Kart now. To A check this 200cc out and B play the DLC I bought in the first place.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm hoping for some solid DLC support, it already seems that way with the amiibo compatibility so I'm hopeful for things like more gear, more maps, more weapons, etc.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
They have said that they will keep creating new content to be sold in the shops. ;)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Likely. DLC Support is confirmed and knowing Nintendo there is about a 90% chance for more gear. :)

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Yeah I feel really confident in future updates as well, I'm hoping for more maps and playable modes as well. It'd be cool if each DLC pack had a theme, so like a holiday pack, a [Nintnedo IP] pack, an Octarian Pack, all that good stuff.
And judging by how things are being handled, things like balance patches would be cool if something becomes too centralizing, which isn't too likely but you never really know.

With how much Nintendo is pushing this game, I'm sure we'll keep coming back to Splatoon long after release

Tepip

Inkster Jr.
I'm picturing 5$ dlc packs with one new map, one new mission, two new weapons, one new hat, and two new shirts.

I didn't include pants because I'm not sure if they are customizable yet.

:scared:Please have customizable pants:scared:

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Yeah I feel really confident in future updates as well, I'm hoping for more maps and playable modes as well. It'd be cool if each DLC pack had a theme, so like a holiday pack, a [Nintnedo IP] pack, an Octarian Pack, all that good stuff.
And judging by how things are being handled, things like balance patches would be cool if something becomes too centralizing, which isn't too likely but you never really know.

With how much Nintendo is pushing this game, I'm sure we'll keep coming back to Splatoon long after release
I agree, they did say that as long as Splatoon had a base it would be supported, so I am confident too.
I'm picturing 5$ dlc packs with one new map, one new mission, two new weapons, one new hat, and two new shirts.

I didn't include pants because I'm not sure if they are customizable yet.

:scared:Please have customizable pants:scared:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Inklings' lack of pants has already been mentioned as just...how it is by Nintendo, so I don't think that's likely. I would have found that neat too.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Inklings' lack of pants has already been mentioned as just...how it is by Nintendo, so I don't think that's likely. I would have found that neat too.
but in pictures the male inkling has shorts on...

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
but in pictures the male inkling has shorts on...
Oh, he means that inklings don't get to choose pants, which they dont. I personally don't get why, maybe controversy over dresses/skirts or something, I honestly can't tell you.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Surely there will be, just like MK8 getting vehicle parts through DLC, and Smash getting Mii outfits. They'd be crazy not to, although I hope they come in bigger packs with maps, similar to how MK8 is handling it. Preferrably without the huge time gaps between pack releases though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom