(WIP) Where to put those Squid Beakon's!

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?

Squid Beakon (Yes, its spelled this way!)

This radar-like device can be dropped to give your team a jump point on the stage. Squid Beakons appear on the GamePad’s map as radar icons, for both teams to see. Simply select one of these icons to initiate a Super Jump toward the selected Beakon. Once a player lands on a Squid Beakon, it explodes—so don’t be stingy with these things! For more information about this sub-weapon, please click the hyper linked words!

A Guide To Squid Beakons (Functionality, Usage, and Countering)

Weapon kits that include the Squid Beakon as of now (Clicking the weapon names will take you to the Splatoon Wiki!):

I've been contemplating, for a while now, on whether or not to make a guide for squid beacon locations; for all the modes and maps. I guess I should get started...
I'm creating this guide, to help players place their Squid Beakon better, on all modes and maps. This guide will not contain every single spot, but I will try my best to include as many as I can. The general concept to a well placed beacon, is to place it around the outskirts of the battle you're about to engage in, and or around core parts of the map. Keep in mind, Squid Beakon locations can change up, depending on the mode and who has control of the game. I will also explain any of my spots, if need be. I am a A+ Krak-On Roller main. I have logged over 250 hours, within the first two months of this games launch. I have been on hiatus for the past month however, so I can not complete my guide as of now. As it stands, this will be a WIP (Work In Progress). First up, is TW.

LEGEND
  • Red dots are places you can place a Squid Beakon.
  • Blue dots are aggressive Squid Beakon places.

1. An Aggressive Squid Beakon, is a Beakon that has been placed on the enemies half of the map.

7/27/2015
  • Added Walleye Warehouse (Turf War)
  • Added new legend information
  • Misc.
  • Added the following maps to Splat Zone: Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, and Blackbelly Skatepark

hi

Last edited:

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I have a question. What do you think of Beakons that are placed on the tower in TC? I'm inclined to think this is a pointless thing to do because if the enemy captures the tower, they will inevitably be destroyed. Yet at the same time, they can act as a sort of meat shield, protecting you from enemy fire. Is this a viable thing to do in your opinion?

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I have a question. What do you think of Beakons that are placed on the tower in TC? I'm inclined to think this is a pointless thing to do because if the enemy captures the tower, they will inevitably be destroyed. Yet at the same time, they can act as a sort of meat shield, protecting you from enemy fire. Is this a viable thing to do in your opinion?
Beakons work well as a solid meat shield, yes. Even if you aren't the only one on the tower, it's a good strategy to put to use, especially if you have spare ones to drop ( dropping more than 3 removes your last one) . Sometimes they can be really clutch though, especially if someone has a bubbler or kraken ready. Jumping in on people and just poppin those, can drop mad amounts of bodies. This does nothing to blasters and ink zookas of course, but it can always help you inch out that W.

Going to Spit out 5 maps today for SZ, then the rest of the maps I use, will feature a different look. I wanted to this to be more uniform, but I don't see any complete map sets.

sunfallSeraph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sunfallSeraph
Nice guide, good job. Glad to see all of my favorite spots accounted for, ha ha. I appreciate the distinction between 'safe' spots and more aggressive ones, since the blue locations are very situational and should mostly be used when your team is in advantage. One thing I noticed that I would personally change is the Saltspray crane spot; I'd give that a red personally. Even if the enemy team is in control of the northern area (i.e. The Turf You Have to Take to Win), I feel that it's pretty safe for you or a teammate to jump to the crane since you'll almost certainly have an uncontested positional advantage if you time it correctly, and unless you're fighting the same team over and over, they're unlikely to consistently spot the beakon on the crane and take it out pre-emptively.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
^agree with the point about Rig and the crane. I'm sure you've all noticed but as opposed to a Super Jump, you will jump to the beakon with 100% accuracy, meaning you can't screw up and SJ then land in water/enemy ink...you always hit the grate and the beakon.

also while beyond the scope of this thread probably, there are probably some cool combinations or fake-outs you could do by setting one up and not using it. It's not something I would try now with random rooms and such, but ink mine + beakon bait etc...fun things to think about with teams.

deepseadiva

Full Squid
I've found this to be useful on... rare occasions. It serves as a mediocre shield, but more importantly just serves as another body in case you get knocked off and your team NEEDS to Super Jump to the tower.

They cost so much ink though. I've almost always found better use for that ink. But hey if there's down time and your Sub is the Beakons... Sure.

Mostly though: why are you bringing Beakons into Tower Control in the first place? xD

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I've found this to be useful on... rare occasions. It serves as a mediocre shield, but more importantly just serves as another body in case you get knocked off and your team NEEDS to Super Jump to the tower.

They cost so much ink though. I've almost always found better use for that ink. But hey if there's down time and your Sub is the Beakons... Sure.

Mostly though: why are you bringing Beakons into Tower Control in the first place? xD
Oh I don't use any weapons that have Beakons as a sub, I only brought it up because I've seen other people do it. I see them put it on the tower occasionally. I just started wondering why anybody would even bother placing them there. But after some consideration, I think Beakons on the tower would be useful. Besides what I already mentioned, they can definitely help to get your team to the tower. It's an aggressive push and it's pretty risky, but well worth the cost of ink or your life to super jump to the tower to keep it going to inch it closer to the other side. That's why I equip myself with gear that gives quick respawn. Since TC is fierce and vicious and you're likely to die many times, I figure quick respawn is pretty vital. Getting back to topic, Beakons on the tower have their uses in keeping the tower moving in this regard and are not at all pointless being there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom