wired controller vs wireless

nineball

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i've heard many years back, around 2017ish, that wired mode actually added input latency. i only got back into the splatoon series around beginning of december of last year, so i wonder if this has changed at all in the years since then. i think i felt slightly less delay, but i'm not sure if it is just placebo.

BlipBlob

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3737-9862-5975
I read that too at some point but never noticed anything. I prefer to play wireless though since the weight of the cable throws off my aim

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I used wired back when I was a sticks player, the long wire helped but the controller didn’t support motion. I eventually transitioned to it though, after I was criticised by my friends and picked up a pro controller. Best decision I’ve made so far!

Minty!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2452-0470-2345
As a motion control player, I very much prefer to play without wires if needed. Many movements require a lot of preciseness or wide turns in the controller. Whatever difference the "input latency" makes, personally, is worth it to not have a stinky wire in my way.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I never use wireless anything, because a wire should always be the most reliable. I have heard that allegedly something is just messed up with the Switch, but I've not seen anything to tell if that's actually real or just placebo. I'm also using an 8BitDo Pro 2 rather than first-party, so I dunno if that makes a difference.

Setu

In splatoon2, it was proven that wireless actually has less latency. In splatoon 3 I think everyone just assumes the same thing since its on the same hardware.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
iirc playing wired adds a frame of input delay compared to playing wireless

Trent

Senior Squid
NNID
Trentz
It was also proven in Smash Ultimate that wireless has less latency just as a heads up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom