WMW Newsletter #4 v2.0 - Week 2 Map Rotation/Info!!

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Hey Whiprays!

First of all, way to ****ing go! We did an awesome job during our first matchup. That Kelp Dome Zones match was a little close (I'd like to practice that one once in a while when we've got time) but other than that, we played some seriously solid games! We got the 5-0 and I'm super proud! <3

Posts in the Discord have lead me to believe the Raiders entered the tournament primarily for funsies. Which is fine. But it doesn't excuse them not being available for scheduling and blaming us for their connection issues. But keep that in mind if we end up having to play them again. They're not going to take it super serious, so as long as we play solid games, we're going to win every time against them. But if even half the C5 div. teams do as well against them as we did, I don't think they'll make the playoffs.

Moving on:

The Week 2 Map Rotation is out! It looks like this:

Remember: this week we're going against Turquoise Salt, a very solid team whose current score is 5-1. I think most of these matches we've got in the bag, but I am concerned about games 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9. All the Zones games are on 2-zone maps. Split zones are always tough, especially on Port Mackerel where they're split up by so much distance. I also am NOT looking forward to that TC Saltspray or that Rainmaker on Towers games. Those are really tough.

As it stands now, I'd really like to be in on the Port Mackerel Zones game. I've had some really good games there. I also feel like I can play a solid Blackbelly TC and I'd like to do Triggerfish and Piranha Pit. I've had some good games there as well. I can confidently say that I do NOT want to play Saltspray. But I'm open to all the others.

So, how do you guys feel about these? Let me know which maps you don't want to play on and which maps you really want to and I'll base our roster off of that. With TS being a solid team, I'm afraid we really will need all 9 games, so make your choices carefully.

On a slightly different note: Hawt Sauce (our week 3 opponent) forfeited their first game. I believe I saw in the discord that they were a no show. I also never got a response from Spink (their captain) when I let him know to look out for the Sunken Raiders. So I would not be surprised if that team dropped all together. If they do, that would give us all of week 3 without the stress of an upcoming match to get lots of practice in with Jacob and Eric before we add them to our roster in Week 4 against Killer Wail. Don't count on it, because they may hop back in, but I just thought you guys might want to know that it's a possibility.

Alright guys, that's all I've got. Have a great day today! I'll see you at practice tonight! :)

Lord Lago

Inkling
NNID
Najdorf
Switch Friend Code
SW-6849-6664-1969
The only maps i feel super strongly about are Rainmaker on Triggerfish and Towers, with both as a resounding, YUSSSSS!!! I'm not very good at close quarters stuff so blackbelly I don't think I'll be very good at. All the other ones are so-so for me, except Splatzone on Pirhana, I don't know that I've ever done that. But you know how I feel about that map so it will probably be a no but we will see once we practice it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom