• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worries about the community...

Should we worry about activity in the Splatoon Community?

• No

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • It depends on what is revealed at the Splatoon Direct

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I've recently noticed that there just isn't as much talk In the Splatoon community as other games a month before release... By now games like SM4SH and MK8 had much more activity on Youtube, forums, etc... Even though the Splatoon community so far Is very friendly and helpful It is very small, I just worry that the game may end up like Titanfall and the game will be forgotten about after a month or so...

I may just be entirely overreacting, If that is the case I apologize for judging a game which isn't even out yet.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
The game is a new IP, and honestly, we just do not know a whole lot about the game right now. Things like MK8 and Smash 4 got a lot of attention since they already have established fanbases. Splatoon is just starting out. It is really up to us to make sure it grows in the right direction, since we are the first of many.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
The game is a new IP, and honestly, we just do not know a whole lot about the game right now. Things like MK8 and Smash 4 got a lot of attention since they already have established fanbases. Splatoon is just starting out. It is really up to us to make sure it grows in the right direction, since we are the first of many.
I understand that this Is a new IP and those games had a larger fanbase before but it is still worrying how big the community is.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Well just like Dak says it is up to the player to decide if the game is good. The community will decide if the game lives on has an established series with future sequels or just a long time playable standalone game. Or if it dunks in the Dumpster.

thefro

Full Squid
As a brand-new IP you can't compare it to MK or Smash.

The interest in this game online before release seems to be the most of any Nintendo game on the Wii U except for Smash, MK, and Mario, so I think it's going to do fairly well.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
In all fairness. There isn't really much too really talk about, since not that much was revealed

2nd There has never been a game like it before

3rd these are completely new characters. Never appeared in any game before.

I think the community will grow after launch. People will have played it. Discover things, wonder things, discuss things, flame, love, bond, compete, become a community.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I think this game if it is not successful when it launches will still have a dedicated fanbase.

DigDeep

Senior Squid
I think at this point people are just starting to run out of things to talk about, so activity will pick up Thursday with the direct. More people will come into the community when the game releases too since they'll have chances to play it, and casual players may not even be aware Splatoon exists right now.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Plus, over half of the threads were already discussed o n the SquidBoards Beta. So yeah, don't ya worry... about a thing...
CAUSE EVERY LITTLE THING'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT. :D

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
It's been said a few times but Smash and Mario Kart are down right staples for Nintendo now, so try not to let those comparisons worry you :)

Keep out the Smash fans and we'll be rocking.

That's all it takes.
Hey, I like Smash a lot...and the OP of this thread has the Smash Ball as their avatar...

Mr.HawK

The Artist
lets not worry about how active the community is until after release, since we do have a Nintendo direct coming up we should make learning about that stuff the priority and then decide where to go on from here. I don't really know the statistics of how many people come to squid boards but maybe if we all spread the word about it then there will be more people joining us, who knows

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I think he is referring to the Smash community, in which there are some pretty sassy people over at the SmashBoards.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I don't really know the statistics of how many people come to squid boards
Actually that's a good point too, there are lots of people that want the game and are going to play but don't come online to do this kind of thing. I was almost in that boat myself, I have never done much with forums. Just personally, I have three friends like that too.

I will admit I never used Smash boards, so I wouldn't know.

Setu

I think it will come down to whether the smashboards community will ditch the game if it isn't as good as smash(which is the reason they are on smashboards in the first place)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
SquidBoards shoudl not be trying to attract just Smash communities, but new gamers as well.
This. We should already know that we can't rely on the Smash community. We need to get people from beyond. Although the Smash community will definitely help, new people is going to be key.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
We are going to be the key for a healthy community.
So that means we should:
Do our own advertising for the game
Show off cool things about the competitive meta
Look awesome, flashy, and advanced in competitive games
Invite new people to the community and being nice to newcomers
Support Splatoon in other ways(Such as fanart, remixes, ect.)
After the direct, people will come I believe. Especially since we now have people like @RogersBase heavily advertising the community(I really hope Roger advertises Squidboards with his inevitable post direct discussion with Josh). On the other hand, it is also simultaneously our job to make this community prosper. Smash's community was pretty small when it started, and we have to do the same. So let's go, raise hype to the roof of this game, and have some fun!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I'm actually not sure what Smash has to do with Splatoon at all. Besides some players crossing between the two and Squid/Smashboards being affiliated there is almost nothing. Guess what, Nintendo fans play Nintendo games.

Just because you don't see 1000 members online at any given time here doesn't mean activity is an issue. Like others have said this game isn't even out yet, it's a new game, and it's a new community. You're comparing kiwis and like...melons or some other exotic fruit, take a pick.

Setu

I'm actually not sure what Smash has to do with Splatoon at all. Besides some players crossing between the two and Squid/Smashboards being affiliated there is almost nothing. Guess what, Nintendo fans play Nintendo games.

Just because you don't see 1000 members online at any given time here doesn't mean activity is an issue. Like others have said this game isn't even out yet, it's a new game, and it's a new community. You're comparing kiwis and like...melons or some other exotic fruit, take a pick.
They are saying that diversity is important in a community, especially when introducing young/new people to a community, they aren't comparing the two games whatsoever. Also, talking about smashboards does not necessarily mean talking about the game Super Smash Bros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom