Would Disruptor and Kraken on the same set be too game-breaking in Splatoon?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
There's nothing stopping the Kraken coming at you and attempting to splat you unless you quickly deploy the killer wail or use the bubbler. You can shoot at it but disruptor makes that a bit tricky since you consume more ink than you normally would.

What do you think?

Are you glad this doesn't exist on the same set?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I don't think this would affect much unless you're in some magic Christmas land where you somehow disrupt the whole team in a cluster and then kill them all. You can still shoot krakens away even if you're disrupted as well, so for a significant portion of weapons it doesn't matter. Basically it just means you will get a guaranteed kill against ONE person not using a shooter.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
You can always jump back to spawn if you are disrupted and see a kraken coming.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I honestly don't feel it'd be too obscenely game breaking. Disruptors are very badass as subs though. Which is a major factor in why I'm REALLY looking forward to the Rapid Blaster Pro Deco. Disruptors + a weapon with such awesome range + being a blaster is a pretty sick combination. One of the Rapid Blaster's biggest down sides is the fact it can never OHKO, with disruptors, that becomes a minor, and I do mean very minor, inconvenience. Disruptor hasn't been put on too many weapons that can abuse it. And as it has been stated above, it'd be getting one kill and then that's about it. I'd honestly just prefer burst bombs or walls + Kraken over Disruptors.
It sounds pretty game breaking on paper, but in practice, I don't see that being the case.

Silentium

Senior Squid
While it sounds like a painful situation, it probably wouldn't happen too often if such a weapon kit was in the game. I doubt that most people would remember to use their sub weapon. Then you have the chance to not even get a hit with the sub weapon, and I doubt people would try multiple distruptors just to make a kraken slightly more successful.

Besides, you're already dead most of the time with a normal kraken. So realistically, it may not even have that much of an impact.

GreenSpiny

Full Squid
We already have :disruptor: + :bubbler: on two weapons. Even if you can't just plow through enemy ink, you have the option of popping Bubbler first for the ink refill and invincibility. So it would be a strong combination, but on the right weapon, maybe balanced.

LaJoJoe

Inkster Jr.
NNID
LaJoJoe
ehhh....well depeneds on the build farther throw or faster walking/swim speed would be op, and please god not on a roller man!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Considering you can toss two Disruptors on a full tank, things will get cheap really quickly as you can singlehandely stop an entire push by throwing two disruptors at seperate locations, then splatting them all with Kraken. If it's on a weapon that has strong turfing capabilities then that's just even worse. And that's not even getting to the point that Disruptors are already a very good sub to begin with.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I thought Disruptors only made you slower and slowed down ink refilling, not increase ink consumption o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom