• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Would this be a working method to get Shiny/Pure gear?

skeletonboxers

Inkling
NNID
tabster123
Putting this here because I've looked around and couldn't anything to validate it so:
If I by chance happen do get gear from spyke with two abilities unlocked from someone I ordered.
Can I do the following:
1. Make a backup.
2. Buy the gear, unlock the 3rd slot if I have to (if it was 2-star gear).
3. Level that gear to see what the third slot is.
4. If it's the third same ability that I aimed for, keep it and save the game.
If it isnt the third ability I aimed for, load backup and start at step 2.

With the chance to get the gear w/ two slots unlocked being at about 10 percent, this has got to have higher chances than rerolling, right?

I guess this opens up questions as to whether the locked slots from Spyke are already predetermined, since I do know you cant save scum results from Spyke, and I also know that gear is already predetermined once you get it in your inventory.

skeletonboxers

Inkling
NNID
tabster123
unless the save scumming with spyke works? it was in that 8 step document you had linked, was that confirmed to work o: ?

Njok

Bouncer
unless the save scumming with spyke works? it was in that 8 step document you had linked, was that confirmed to work o: ?
Yes of course, I would not have posted it otherwise. But keep in mind that it only works if you make the back up before you buy the gear, because once you buy it the outcome is set.

It's the same process as you posted in the OP.

skeletonboxers

Inkling
NNID
tabster123
Yes of course, I would not have posted it otherwise. But keep in mind that it only works if you make the back up before you buy the gear, because once you buy it the outcome is set.

It's the same process as you posted in the OP.
Just tried my second attempt to manipulate the third slot and it was the same third sub... Not one I was aiming for I mean. I did the process right but do you think it may have been patched someway? I have my save state before I buy the gear, so I buy the gear and add the slot, level the third slot. And it was super quick jump two times in a row.

I'll try a third time but if it's super jump again, I wonder what I did wrong, even though the third ability shouldn't be set in stone before I buy it from Spyke, right?

If it was just coincidentally the same third sub, it's just RNJesus having it's own fun with me I guess

Njok

Bouncer
This is how you scum the third sub on a ordered gear. It's widely known, it's not just me saying this. I wouldn't post that doc if it wasn't 100% sure.

Rolling the same ability on it twice means absolutely nothing lol. Especially not if it's the favoured ability. I doubt they patched it without mentioning it in the notes either.

So don't worry and keep trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom