X Rank Divisions

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I've been seeing a lot of discussion and memes on Twitter over the differences between the Tentakek and Takoroka divisions. I've only been playing Tentatek but I'm considering switching to Takoroka next season. I'm curious, what's everyone's experiences with the two divisions and what div do people generally think is better to play on?

Also as a follow up question, do you like the new X Rank calculation method? Why or why not?

Cool

Inkling
As someone who is currently aiming for top 10 in Tentatek this season, I can say for sure that Takoroka is overall the better division due to better matchmaking/match quality and time to actually get matches. The issues with Tentatek Division are plentiful once you hit a certain point, but otherwise they will feel about the same until you reach that threshold. (I would say around 2600+ XP) I absolutely love the new point system for X rank since the consistency makes it feel much more tolerable, its a good mix between S1 and S2 point gains (most similar to S1).

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
ive heard about ttek having problems with win trading for top 10 spots? not sure of the validity of the claim. but yeah once you reach past like 2600, or below 1650 or so (may god have mercy on your soul), youll be struggling to find matches. i know someone who was in the mid 2700s or so in clams and spent over an hour and a half in queue a few seasons back looking for a single match.

edit: missed the follow up, but im a big fan of the new system, makes point gain a lot more consistent and it doesnt feel like you're always winning for scraps.

Cool

Inkling
ive heard about ttek having problems with win trading for top 10 spots? not sure of the validity of the claim. but yeah once you reach past like 2600, or below 1650 or so (may god have mercy on your soul), youll be struggling to find matches. i know someone who was in the mid 2700s or so in clams and spent over an hour and a half in queue a few seasons back looking for a single match.

edit: missed the follow up, but im a big fan of the new system, makes point gain a lot more consistent and it doesnt feel like you're always winning for scraps.
Wintrading in Tentatek very much happens, we know of several people who have done it and what their splashtags were. Source? I lost my my chance for top 10 last season because of them, but some did get ban hammered for it tho so that's good (not all of them).

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Wintrading in Tentatek very much happens, we know of several people who have done it and what their splashtags were. Source? I lost my my chance for top 10 last season because of them, but some did get ban hammered for it tho so that's good (not all of them).
still pushing for top 10 legitimately despite that is admirable, good luck

Mecog

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7088-0086-9026
I've been seeing a lot of discussion and memes on Twitter over the differences between the Tentakek and Takoroka divisions. I've only been playing Tentatek but I'm considering switching to Takoroka next season. I'm curious, what's everyone's experiences with the two divisions and what div do people generally think is better to play on?

Also as a follow up question, do you like the new X Rank calculation method? Why or why not?
If you're finding games in ttek, just stay in it. It's no different to jp in that case. Switching to jp will just cause more lag for you and your opponents. If you can't find games in ttek you should switch. If it takes 10 minutes to find a match, that will last 5 min it's just not worth it. I switched to jp 2 seasons ago cause my sz rank began to get too high. I tried playing ttek on my alt, and it took 40-50 min of waiting per match. The new calculation method is fine imo, it makes higher ranks a bit easier and that's really all it does.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
Every season, more JP players swap to ttek for the top 10 badge. Between last season and this season, more than double the amount of JP players jumped from JP to ttek. Here are the ttek top 10 from last season that jumped from Takoroka and their highest Takoroka rank. There might be more than just never were in T500, but I can’t gather data for that.

IMG_2298.jpeg

Wintrading in Tentatek very much happens, we know of several people who have done it and what their splashtags were.
If you get me their splashtags at any point in time I can pull their ID and all known splashtags since, if they’re still in the T500 anyway

Last edited:

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
Even though I geographically in the takoroka division, there are still matchmaking problems here due to the ping-based matchmaking system. If you live in Japan you will be able to get matches in a few seconds but I know that in Australia it takes much longer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't ventured outside this region though but I do think lag issues may be a problem more than anything else.

AureBedw

Inkling
I've played in both divisions. From personal experience and regardless of the assigned glicko-2 score, matchmaking time has always been around the same amount of time. I'd say match quality overall is better in Takoroka, as the player base is a bit larger and more varied in terms of what they play. I honestly don't get why there are divisions, but oh well lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom