X rank solo q advice?

Dustrix

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
So I'm kinda just asking for an opinion on the survivability for carbon roller deco in x rank, My main goal for the past season has been getting to top 500 (and getting better at the game obvi), and Im pretty confident in my skill with the weapon, but I've been starting to realize carbon really has trouble in solo q because its really dependant on its team (painting, crossfire etc etc) and have been considering if switching to something like tetek splattershot would be a better option? Ive been using carbon for about 3 years (splatoon 2 and three combined) and I'm just having trouble deciding if I should drop it for x rank specifically. TLDR: is carbon roller deco a reliable weapon for solo q x rank?

Arigato!

Pro Squid
So I'm kinda just asking for an opinion on the survivability for carbon roller deco in x rank, My main goal for the past season has been getting to top 500 (and getting better at the game obvi), and Im pretty confident in my skill with the weapon, but I've been starting to realize carbon really has trouble in solo q because its really dependant on its team (painting, crossfire etc etc) and have been considering if switching to something like tetek splattershot would be a better option? Ive been using carbon for about 3 years (splatoon 2 and three combined) and I'm just having trouble deciding if I should drop it for x rank specifically. TLDR: is carbon roller deco a reliable weapon for solo q x rank?
Yeah if youre really good with it. getting enough kills could be key to letting your maybe subpar teamates carry the rainmaker or ride the tower.

C-53

Full Squid
I am not a carbon player, but I feel like you have to be able to accept that the matchmaking will just decide that you get a low-paint comp and struggle at least 10% of the time.

I get a lot of satisfaction from winning with bad comps. Even better, I sometimes I learn innovative tech in those situations because of the need to do things that I normally would not do.

For example, I play a lot of Tri-stringer, and I’ll sometimes get a comp with an E-Liter and a Hydra, which forces me to play up front and actively push my zone of control forward without over-committing to fights against real front-liners. If I get paired with three Splattershots every game, then I don’t really get to learn that or practice it.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
For example, I play a lot of Tri-stringer, and I’ll sometimes get a comp with an E-Liter and a Hydra, which forces me to play up front and actively push my zone of control forward without over-committing to fights against real front-liners.
Why is it every other Tri-Stringer player I've met has had this experience?

2Ws2Ls

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3607-4410-2815
Because Splatoon 3 has very functional matchmaking. if i had a penny for every time i was on a team with multiple back lines i would own 70% of the copper in the world. Its fine for the most part though, as it encourages people to play their backlines less backliney, which i think is a good thing if its only occasional. just let me go one anarchy/x series without having this for the love of god please.

C-53

Full Squid
I think that the “matchmaking range” of the tri-stringer is some kind of weird average between the tap shots and full charge. So it gets treated like a mid-line for matchmaking, even though it usually only gets played like a mid-line on defense, and even then, only some of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom