• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Yet another new one

4poosaday

Inkster Jr.
Hi
Just wanted to say hi as I've just joined this community.
Never played the original splatoon but I've put a good few hours in to splatoon 2 already and I love it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hello! Welcome to the forums!

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
This game loves to eat your time, whether it's spent finessing your shots into the perfect muscle-jerk pinpoint splat, or devouring points on turf war!

Welcome to a forum that has a lot of squids inside it!

If you ever wanna chitchat or play with me, hit me up with a message!

Make sure to check out the Squidboards Discord server as well, oi?

4poosaday

Inkster Jr.
This game loves to eat your time, whether it's spent finessing your shots into the perfect muscle-jerk pinpoint splat, or devouring points on turf war!

Welcome to a forum that has a lot of squids inside it!

If you ever wanna chitchat or play with me, hit me up with a message!

Make sure to check out the Squidboards Discord server as well, oi?
Thanks for the replies
I've managed to get to A in splatzone and A in rainmaker but I can't get good at tower control any tips ??????

Also what's Discord ??

Thanks again
Daz.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
For tower control my ultimate tip is:

Use a blaster.

If you don't want to sink that low, my advice is to be aware of what's going on at all times, like watch for flanks and make sure the entire area around the tower is under your control.

Good job getting to A!

4poosaday

Inkster Jr.

Use a blaster.

If you don't want to sink that low, my advice is to be aware of what's going on at all times, like watch for flanks and make sure the entire area around the tower is under your control.

Good job getting to A!
I will give a blaster ago then mate, cheers.
Think getting to A rank was more the other 3 in my teams doing than mine to be honest.

Is there any blaster that stands out the most for tower control ?

Thanks
Daz

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I will give a blaster ago then mate, cheers.
Think getting to A rank was more the other 3 in my teams doing than mine to be honest.

Is there any blaster that stands out the most for tower control ?

Thanks
Daz
Right now the rapid blaster is one of the best weapons in the game (I'm expecting a nerf in the upcoming October patch though) because of its incredible range and the fact that you don't even need to aim.

Obviously I've avoided this weapon for moral reasons, but it's probably the best one.

Whether you use the regular or the custom blaster depends on the stage and personal preference.

The Luna blaster got nerfed sooooooo hard from S1 to S2, but using it will get you respect.

Blasters are just so good on TC because you can just fire at the tower and chances are you'll hit whoever's on the tower at the time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, because my Splatoon general knowledge is pretty decent.

Stay woomy

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast

Use a blaster.
As a blaster expert myself, blasters are good on TC, but a bad blaster who can't aim will be dead weight. As a blaster who only goes for indirect shots will die to any fair fight against another weapon.

Right now the rapid blaster is one of the best weapons in the game (I'm expecting a nerf in the upcoming October patch though) because of its incredible range and the fact that you don't even need to aim.

Obviously I've avoided this weapon for moral reasons, but it's probably the best one.

Whether you use the regular or the custom blaster depends on the stage and personal preference.

The Luna blaster got nerfed sooooooo hard from S1 to S2, but using it will get you respect.

Blasters are just so good on TC because you can just fire at the tower and chances are you'll hit whoever's on the tower at the time.
Rapid isn't really overpowered, and it's only good because the ranged weapons available right now are pretty bad in comparison. And idk how you think rapid doesn't need aim to work, it requires so much tracking and direct use to really be effective, and even then, the only reason why rapid is arguably the best right now is because of it's stellar kit and range for a blaster. Expect for it to drop in usage once the range blaster comes out.

The vanilla blaster is really good for tower control, with it's toxic mist, it can turn checkpoints into hell for the enemy team. And superjumping to the tower with a splashdown is usually a safe bet unless they have a live sniper. Custom blaster, I feel isn't as good at tower control, but inkjet on the tower can provide a lot of height for the user. And autobomb is a decent way to stop stalemates in mid.

The Luna's nerf is not that bad. It's still good. All it got was an ink usage nerf, and it's the same weapon still. You still have that trade mark huge blast radius right in front of you that kills rather fast. The Luna also gets splat bomb, which is a delicacy on blasters, as they provide extra effective range and safe pressuring from a distance. Plus, Baller and Luna go hand in hand having a special that allows the luna to get behind enemy lines easier and have an escape option.

Blasters are good on TC, but if you only fire at the tower and expect kills, you're going to die. Most opponents who are smart, run away from the blasts. So, to ease those sissies running away from your mid-air explosions, follow up the shots (which is something a lot of blaster players don't do). Which requires you to track, and yes "aim" at the enemy. And that's not even getting into hitting directs which is another topic.

But, if you're really interested with blasters, I know quite a fair bit about them, and what techniques can be used to master them.

4poosaday

Inkster Jr.
As a blaster expert myself, blasters are good on TC, but a bad blaster who can't aim will be dead weight. As a blaster who only goes for indirect shots will die to any fair fight against another weapon.

Rapid isn't really overpowered, and it's only good because the ranged weapons available right now are pretty bad in comparison. And idk how you think rapid doesn't need aim to work, it requires so much tracking and direct use to really be effective, and even then, the only reason why rapid is arguably the best right now is because of it's stellar kit and range for a blaster. Expect for it to drop in usage once the range blaster comes out.

The vanilla blaster is really good for tower control, with it's toxic mist, it can turn checkpoints into hell for the enemy team. And superjumping to the tower with a splashdown is usually a safe bet unless they have a live sniper. Custom blaster, I feel isn't as good at tower control, but inkjet on the tower can provide a lot of height for the user. And autobomb is a decent way to stop stalemates in mid.

The Luna's nerf is not that bad. It's still good. All it got was an ink usage nerf, and it's the same weapon still. You still have that trade mark huge blast radius right in front of you that kills rather fast. The Luna also gets splat bomb, which is a delicacy on blasters, as they provide extra effective range and safe pressuring from a distance. Plus, Baller and Luna go hand in hand having a special that allows the luna to get behind enemy lines easier and have an escape option.

Blasters are good on TC, but if you only fire at the tower and expect kills, you're going to die. Most opponents who are smart, run away from the blasts. So, to ease those sissies running away from your mid-air explosions, follow up the shots (which is something a lot of blaster players don't do). Which requires you to track, and yes "aim" at the enemy. And that's not even getting into hitting directs which is another topic.

But, if you're really interested with blasters, I know quite a fair bit about them, and what techniques can be used to master them.
That's great advice from you both thanks.
Going have a go with a few blasters as tower control is on now till 9.
I will get back on here after with my favourite blaster so far and hopefully get some more tips from you both on the best way to use it.
Thanks again
Daz.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I know that directs are a super important part of using the regular blaster as blasters are one of my 3 'main' classes of weapons (along with chargers and long-range splattershots), however I kinda disagree with you about the rapid blaster because you can just create a wall with all your explosions because of the fire rate, and you can corner people really easily. Directs are nice when you get them, and they're obviously better, but I wouldn't say that it's a big deal if you don't get them.

Plus the rapid blaster isn't that hard to use imo, you just fire in the general direction of an enemy or into the middle of a big scrum ang chances are you'll get a kill.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the clash blaster?

I wouldn't call myself a blaster expert, but that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom