You can pick 2 OG stages to bring back. Which ones?

What 2 OG stages do you want back?

• Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Bluefin Depot

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Camp Triggerfish

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Flounder Heights

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Museum D’ Alfonsino

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Mahi-Mahi Resort

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Piranha Pit

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Ancho-V-Games

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Windstar

Pro Squid
I gotta go with Saltspray Rig as my first. That was an amazing stage. So amazing that the devs realized people needed to take in the amazingness less, it was addictive, so they took it out of Tower Control and Rainmaker.

My second one would probably be Piranha Pit, maybe as a Salmon Run map.

*★Nebula★*

Inkster Jr.
I'd love to see Museum D'Alfonsino and Saltspray Rig again. The Museum had those rotating platforms that made things interesting and Saltspray has the top area with the crane spot you can jump on.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Camp Triggerfish and Flounder Heights for me. While they both had structural flaws when taking the prevalence of Chargers and Dynamos into account in Splatoon 1, I imagine they would be far better balanced in Splatoon 2.

The separation of the sides in Triggerfish was always so cool, I want that back, and the sheer verticality and size of Flounder was always fun in turf. Maybe it would need tweaking for ranked modes to make it less centralized.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I picked camp triggerfish and saltspray rig. I really liked the split sides of triggerfish and I always enjoyed it in any game mode. I remember doing really, really well in rainmaker on saltspray rig, but I literally only played that combination once and I would really like to do it again. I would still take any of these stages over some from this game, including the filth that is moray towers. I never want to see that stage again, but it is always on somewhere whenever I'm playing.

Sevrault

Inkling
NNID
sevrault
Piranha Pit. I'd love a map in Splatoon 2 made for long range, but actually fun to play on unlike Snapper Canal. Wouldn't mind Flounder Heights coming back either.

Windstar

Pro Squid
Piranha Pit. I'd love a map in Splatoon 2 made for long range, but actually fun to play on unlike Snapper Canal. Wouldn't mind Flounder Heights coming back either.
Snapper Canal isn’t that bad, but I might be a tiny bit biased because I use the Jet Squelcher.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I voted the pit and camp. Any map that is unplayable in every mode should be deleted from history. Yeah I am looking at you saltspray.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I know that I hated the fact that it is so hard to come back into the game on Flounder Hights and Camp Triggerfish one the enemy team managed to get into a dominating position.

So I voted for Ancho-V-Games and Hammerhead Bridge since I loved those maps. I were crazy enough to play Ancho-V-Games with a Aerospray in Turf one time and it was really fun: I constantly had to turn back to splat someone because someone was always behind me to splat me.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
You know what time it is? That's right, it's Unpopular Opinion time! Whether or not anyone agrees with this, here are my thoughts as well as why I think these stages need another go.

Mahi-Mahi Resort - Yes, it is a stage where long ranged weapons have the edge, but it was more than just that which makes me remember this stage fondly. I was the idea of a map that altered itself partway through a match, keeping things interesting all throughout. It was the idea of a watery resort making way too much sense in a world dominated by evolved sea creatures and oceanic aesthetic. It was how much the map reminded me of Super Mario Sunshine and my odd desire to see Isle Delfino as a stage in Splatoon. That's why Mahi-Mahi needs a second shot.

Hammerhead Bridge - Hey, whaddaya know? Another map that favors long ranged weapons! Well yes, I am that squid. But Hammerhead had something going for it that I really liked in the multi-tiered map idea. The low road where you found many people duking it out with short ranged weapons and bombs, then the high path made up of grating for all your long ranged sniping needs! It was just plain fun to go either road here! Maybe I am a bit of a masochist, who knows? But I also remember that this was a bridge under construction in the first game and I am curious to see how far along it has come in the two years between the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom