• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

You made me inkk D:

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
Hey guys :) I'm just a squid in the big city. Currently a rank B, I main the Sploosh-o-matic. I'm not great, but I'm good enough I think lol. I'm just looking for some friends to get my hype fix! Let's play and maybe we can Squad up! For now let's chat though, what's your favorite mode/level? I love Rainmaker on Arowana Mall!

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Hey there SparkleSquid! It's good to see some fresh faces around here every once in a while. I'm an A rank that mains the Dual Squelcher, and I would have to say that Splatzones is probably my favorite ranked mode, since I feel that it is not biased towards any one weapon type and reminds me of a more focalized Turf War. My favorite stage is probably Camp Triggerfish because of its openness and versatility.

It's always nice to feel that you have a weapon you can depend on, why do you enjoy using the Sploosh-o-matic?

(Nice title reference, btw. ;) )

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
Hey there SparkleSquid! It's good to see some fresh faces around here every once in a while. I'm an A rank that mains the Dual Squelcher, and I would have to say that Splatzones is probably my favorite ranked mode, since I feel that it is not biased towards any one weapon type and reminds me of a more focalized Turf War. My favorite stage is probably Camp Triggerfish because of its openness and versatility.

It's always nice to feel that you have a weapon you can depend on, why do you enjoy using the Sploosh-o-matic?

(Nice title reference, btw. ;) )
Hey QuilavaFlare! :) thank you, I'm new to communities like this haha. A rank, nice! I definitely agree, zones is the least frustrating considering weapons lol. tower is another story. triggerfish is great! i never use the strange totem pole area though lol.

hmm, it's the best weapon for my way of playing i think. i've definitely tried others but i have great chemistry with the sploosh-o-matic haha. I like to be in the middle of the action, so the short range isnt an issue. it paints perfectly and has a wide hit, which is good for my somewhat decent aim haha. why do you favor the dual squelcher?
lol thanks! glad you can appreciate it haha ^-^

Last edited:

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
No problem, I'm just happy to see someone get integrated into the community easily. I would agree, Tower Control can be... hectic for some weapons, at best. That's ok, I don't think many people actually use the totem poles. They are a hassle to get over and there is a wall right next door that takes you to the same spot, so they serve little purpose beyond decoration.

Ah, I see, that makes sense. I don't get to see many o-matics line weapons on the field, so that sounds kind of interesting. I personally enjoy the Dual Squelcher because it can take on many different roles and is good at a lot of them if used properly. For example, you can support your team by raining down on enemies from up high with the high fire rate and Echolocator, defend a position with Splat Bombs and range, or even go on the offensive and take new territory while being able to splat opponents in a reasonable amount of time.

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
No problem, I'm just happy to see someone get integrated into the community easily. I would agree, Tower Control can be... hectic for some weapons, at best. That's ok, I don't think many people actually use the totem poles. They are a hassle to get over and there is a wall right next door that takes you to the same spot, so they serve little purpose beyond decoration.

Ah, I see, that makes sense. I don't get to see many o-matics line weapons on the field, so that sounds kind of interesting. I personally enjoy the Dual Squelcher because it can take on many different roles and is good at a lot of them if used properly. For example, you can support your team by raining down on enemies from up high with the high fire rate and Echolocator, defend a position with Splat Bombs and range, or even go on the offensive and take new territory while being able to splat opponents in a reasonable amount of time.
haha exactly! it seems a lot of squids are reluctant to ride it lol. yeah, i suppose it's a good spot for when the team is desperate.

Now that you mention it, there aren't as many of them as others. i was using the splash, but after a losing streak I took a chance on the sploosh and it's perfect!
that's so cool that you understand your weapon so greatly! I should probably take time to set tactics like that haha.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Well, some really just aren't suited for it. Chargers gain a good vantage point, but they can't really handle the pressure of holding the tower without some good backup. Anything slow is also going to probably have trouble as well.

Ah, yes, the Splash can be kind of tricky. It requires pretty good aiming but at the same time doesn't give you a lot of range to work with. Thank you, but don't worry. All it really takes is some experience. Once you've been using the weapon for a while, your options will come to you more naturally. Just try out some different things if you are having trouble in a certain scenario.

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
Well, some really just aren't suited for it. Chargers gain a good vantage point, but they can't really handle the pressure of holding the tower without some good backup. Anything slow is also going to probably have trouble as well.

Ah, yes, the Splash can be kind of tricky. It requires pretty good aiming but at the same time doesn't give you a lot of range to work with. Thank you, but don't worry. All it really takes is some experience. Once you've been using the weapon for a while, your options will come to you more naturally. Just try out some different things if you are having trouble in a certain scenario.
For sure, charging weapons are hardd. I can definitely appreciate a good support team though! It's so fulfilling to have a coordinated team haha.
I resented the kraken for a while but I'm happy to have it now lol. It's a hit or miss on the tower but it's saved me a few times. If you can't ink em, join em ;)
My nnid is sparklewolf, feel free to add me whenever if you want :)

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
Hello @SparkleSquid! Welcome to the forums. I would love to squad with you sometime (to help me with my C- slump lol), hook me up when you feel like it...for now enjoy these magnificent forums!
Thank you Aidan! :) goodness that must be some slump lol I'd be happy to help if I can! I've yet to do some exploring but I'll poke around and see what's good on the boards :) my nnid is sparklewolf feel free to add me!

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
For sure, charging weapons are hardd. I can definitely appreciate a good support team though! It's so fulfilling to have a coordinated team haha.
I resented the kraken for a while but I'm happy to have it now lol. It's a hit or miss on the tower but it's saved me a few times. If you can't ink em, join em ;)
My nnid is sparklewolf, feel free to add me whenever if you want :)
I can attest to this, I'm trying to learn the Kelp/Splat charger myself right now. It's usually either a kill fest or a total flop from my experience...

Yeah, I love to see a good Kraken on my team, but I personally am not very good with it and it's plain frustrating to see on opposing teams just because of how long it lasts. (It's pretty satisfying when you and a team mate can work together to keep one away though!)

Sure, I'll add ya.

SparkleSquid

Inkling
NNID
sparklewolf
I can attest to this, I'm trying to learn the Kelp/Splat charger myself right now. It's usually either a kill fest or a total flop from my experience...

Yeah, I love to see a good Kraken on my team, but I personally am not very good with it and it's plain frustrating to see on opposing teams just because of how long it lasts. (It's pretty satisfying when you and a team mate can work together to keep one away though!)

Sure, I'll add ya.
haha! that's become a hobby, I like to stress out the chargers. i use my locater to point them out then i rush them. X) keep practicing though, some maps you'll be pretty much invincible.

for sure! i've been fought off a few times. that's how i learned you could fight it off lol. my outfit unintentionally makes my kraken last longer too ;P fighting it, i'm too scared though i usually just run from the kraken.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Don't feel alone, apparently that's everyone's hobby. :p
I usually run Cold Blooded, but I didn't think it would be necessary for my charger set. I may be changing my mind here soon what with all the Echolocators and Point Sensors flying around. I'll definitely keep practicing. I have the same philosophy you have for the Kraken: I know how annoying they can be to play against so I'm doing it too I guess. I've come to realize that it isn't as easy to play one as I thought when I watched others splatting me and my team, and now when I play against one I know how to deal with them since I know how they function.

Aha, yeah sometimes learning the hard way is the only way. If you find yourself trapped like that, I've seen a lot of good players just make the best of the remaining invincibility to super jump out of the area to a better one.

I figured a lot of Kraken players did that, but it's not like you can change it so it's still hard to deal with. Against a Kraken, hiding somewhere and waiting it out is probably the best option, but if you have something with a huge rate of fire, a lot of power and decent firing rate, or a team mate with you then I'd take the risk and try to hold them off, especially if there is an objective at stake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom