1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

Your Custom Splattershot Jr. and You

Topscoring on the Flank

1. FunkyLobster

FunkyLobster Inkling Commander

NNID:
    FunkyLobster
    FunkyLobster submitted a new guide:

Your Custom Splattershot Jr. and You - Topscoring on the Flank

Read more about this guide...

Mariobro and Pivi like this.
  2. Pivi

Pivi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HeroPivi
    What a neato guide! I dismissed the Custom Jr. since anything that doesn't have the bubble feels like a direct downgrade, but if you play the Jr like you would a roller, coupled with the Echolocator, this guide really sets you up for being a huge threat, nice!

FunkyLobster likes this.
  3. Actilide

Actilide Inkling Cadet

Great guide, thanks for sharing!

4. Chaozrush21

Chaozrush21 Full Squid

NNID:
    dotmae
    I thought the same way before I tried the Costume Splattershot Jr. out. Even though the bubble shield is a really good sub weapon that can save you instantly, I find the Disruptor to be better for many reasons. One of the main reasons is it can save one of your teams and can possibly kill a whole team off by slowing them down.

5. TheFreightrain

TheFreightrain Inkling

NNID:
    TheFreightrain
    I decided to try the Custom rather randomly myself, couldn't even tell you why. I just needed a change to something new, and I ended up scoring higher than I had previously with great consistency (I had been using the Jet Squelcher). Using it like a roller and going on the hunt while building up your special, it's incredible just how much of a difference it can make. 14 splats in one round (3 times splatted).

Definitely, definitely give this a try, even if you aren't typically interested in the shorter range shooters. I learned a lot, and may end up adding it to my list of favorite weapons.

6. Howl

Howl Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    SilverHowl
    I personally believe the basic SsJr is better. By far. Bubbler is just too good atm to pass it out and Splat Bombs are a better retreat/siege sub.

7. FunkyLobster

FunkyLobster Inkling Commander

NNID:
    FunkyLobster
    this loadout doesnt set out to replace the default one, though. they have entirely different roles, with the default splattershot jr. being very all purpose and the custom one being very flanky.

8. Howl

Howl Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    SilverHowl
    Hm, I see. I thought you meant this thread as "it outclasses it". Fair enough, I'm sure it has its uses. :)

9. ParaasiteNZ

ParaasiteNZ Inkling

NNID:
    Parasite_eveNZ
    As someone who runs this play style a lot in shooters this is a good way to implement it. Good write up it feels very similar to Tacticians from Killzone it's more of a support/Defense class just run around with your Echolocater on and let your teamates super jump to you. You can also cover alot of ground very fast if you speed ahead at the start of matches but you need a good team to back you up or the opponents will stop your advance and push back hard