1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Your Ideal Weapon/Sub/Special combo?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Turnip, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Turnip

Turnip Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Snowdrop12320
    Just as the title says, what is your perfect weapon setup?

Wish there was a combination there isn't? Post it here!
    Already exists? Post it here too!

My perfect weapon would be the splatterscope with the squid beacon and echolocation. If only~ <3

sunfallSeraph likes this.
  2. mewtheed

mewtheed Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Mewtheed
    Any weapon that combine the Splash Wall and the Bubbler would turn you in an untouchable wall of death.

3. Turnip

Turnip Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Snowdrop12320
    That would be insane. Imagine a .52 with splash wall and bubbler. I can't even. XD

4. FirestormNeos

FirestormNeos Senior Squid

NNID:
    FirestormNeos
    Aerospray, Splash Wall, Kraken. See Signature Picture.

5. ILikeKirbys

ILikeKirbys Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ILikeKirbys
    I'd like to see E-Liter 3K/Splash Wall/Kraken.
    E-Liter 3K because it's got the longest range in the game and good power too, but has a long charge time, which can be alleviated with the Splash Wall and Kraken.
    Splash Wall because you can hide behind it and snipe through it (not having to worry about being flanked while sniping is something I wish I had, so...), and you can deny entrance to areas with it too (the center opening to the middle of Urchin Underpass is begging for this, but I can't seem to position it right; I'm sure there are other areas, but that's the one I think of)
    Kraken because you can use it to run away (invincible and speedy), infiltrate areas (since it creates ink as you move, you can get around easily while you're a super-squid) and splatter people (not really a priority, but if you get the chance to drill through people, go for it).
    The idea here is that you have all the range and power of an E-Liter 3K, Splash Wall for defense, and Kraken for mobility and more immediate defense.
    Really, I'm not sure if this is perfect (maybe replace E-Liter with a Squiffer for better firing speed, if the power/range loss isn't too bad), but I'd like the chance to find out someday (hopefully on the E-Liter 3K Custom the strategy guide says will come soon).

#5 ILikeKirbys, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  6. NintendodudeX

NintendodudeX Inkling

NNID:
    Hailex
    Dynamo roller with Splash Wall and Bubbler / Kraken. Quick spread and defense to boot.

7. nebbii

nebbii Inkling

NNID:
    nebbii
    Kraken/Kraken/Bubbler

Turnip likes this.
  8. Turnip

Turnip Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Snowdrop12320
    So basically the Splash Wall and Bubbler/Kracken are the fan favorite.

FirestormNeos likes this.
  9. Dr. Peace

Dr. Peace Full Squid

Blaster/Sprinkler/Ink Strike would be very nice. The Blaster is very very good at killing and not much else. It makes it a real drag to use sometimes and giving it the option to cover territory more compitent would be nice. The Sprinkler is even an expensive sub so I think it could stay fairly balanced.

10. Tyrfing

Tyrfing Senior Squid

Standard Splattershot/Hero Replica with Mines and Bubbler.
    Mines are my favorite sub as it is easy to ambush enemies through the use of mines. Bubbler because it is on one hand just incredibly strong and can on the other hand be passed to your team which I really, really like. There's nothing better than spreading a Bubbler, watching your enemy retreat in fear.

FirestormNeos likes this.
  11. StayPuft

StayPuft Pro Squid

NNID:
    cellularSP
    NZap with Seekers and Killer Wail

12. Poxnixles

Poxnixles Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Vitiel
    I feel like Dynamo Roller/Burst Bomb/Bubbler would be a huge boon. Burst Bomb gives something quick and light on ink to counteract the main weapon's slowness a bit, and Bubbler provides real defense to your vulnerable self.

Dr. Peace likes this.
  13. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    I find that the .52 Gal Deco/Seeker/Inkstrike works incredibly well for me since the sub weapons are a good complement to the hard-hitting shooter. Not only do the Seekers guarantee a straight line of ink to use as a distraction and/or getaway, the Inkstrike is really awesome for being able to claim a good chunk of turf in one go. That said, I think it would also be neat if it had either Splat Bombs as a sub or the Bubbler as a special instead, since those are pretty good for keeping the enemy at bay.

14. Superjustinbros

Superjustinbros Pro Squid

NNID:
    AozoraJustin
    Aerospray RG with Ink Bombs and Bubbler, mostly to balance out the low strength of the Aerospray RG.

Alternatively, Splattershot with Sprinkler or Ink Wall and Kraken.

15. Lackrocket

Lackrocket Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Chawlsak
    I was thinking .52 gal deco. Keep the seekers but add the bubbler. It would be a killer set for me

16. Lackrocket

Lackrocket Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Chawlsak
    Yes this is my favorite weapon. Love the seekers and I enjoy the inkstrike. But it they added a bubbler, that would just be amazing

17. aidenduh

aidenduh Inkling

My favorite sub weapon is the:disruptor:, and a :disruptor: + :inkstrike: would be HILARIOUS. I'd love to equip some :ability_bombrange: and throw a :disruptor: to hit a foe from afar, then shoot an :inkstrike:, and watch as they hopelessly attempt to swim away.

Muahaha.

Slurmp, Gamebuzzer and Posso like this.
  18. The Salamander King

The Salamander King Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    sintiss0421
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3785-4018-5310
    Jet Squelcher with Disruptors and Echolocator. Equipt some bomb range and sub saver, and you're golden!

19. ★Forge

★Forge Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    Slumplush
    A gun with seeker and kraken,

Another weapon with Burst Bomb + Inkzooka

20. Flarii

Flarii Inkling

NNID:
    NaughtyPotatoowo
    A 96 gal with burst bombs and bubbler would be great!

The 96 gal is a bit slow, so a quick burst bomb to escape inky situations would be nice.

The feeling of sharing a bubbler with your teammates would be amazing, and would turn the tides for a battle's final push!