• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your Ideal Weapon/Sub/Special combo?

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
Just as the title says, what is your perfect weapon setup?

Wish there was a combination there isn't? Post it here!
Already exists? Post it here too!

My perfect weapon would be the splatterscope with the squid beacon and echolocation. If only~ <3

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
Any weapon that combine the Splash Wall and the Bubbler would turn you in an untouchable wall of death.

Turnip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Snowdrop12320
That would be insane. Imagine a .52 with splash wall and bubbler. I can't even. XD

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'd like to see E-Liter 3K/Splash Wall/Kraken.
E-Liter 3K because it's got the longest range in the game and good power too, but has a long charge time, which can be alleviated with the Splash Wall and Kraken.
Splash Wall because you can hide behind it and snipe through it (not having to worry about being flanked while sniping is something I wish I had, so...), and you can deny entrance to areas with it too (the center opening to the middle of Urchin Underpass is begging for this, but I can't seem to position it right; I'm sure there are other areas, but that's the one I think of)
Kraken because you can use it to run away (invincible and speedy), infiltrate areas (since it creates ink as you move, you can get around easily while you're a super-squid) and splatter people (not really a priority, but if you get the chance to drill through people, go for it).
The idea here is that you have all the range and power of an E-Liter 3K, Splash Wall for defense, and Kraken for mobility and more immediate defense.
Really, I'm not sure if this is perfect (maybe replace E-Liter with a Squiffer for better firing speed, if the power/range loss isn't too bad), but I'd like the chance to find out someday (hopefully on the E-Liter 3K Custom the strategy guide says will come soon).

Last edited:

NintendodudeX

Inkling
NNID
Hailex
Dynamo roller with Splash Wall and Bubbler / Kraken. Quick spread and defense to boot.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
Blaster/Sprinkler/Ink Strike would be very nice. The Blaster is very very good at killing and not much else. It makes it a real drag to use sometimes and giving it the option to cover territory more compitent would be nice. The Sprinkler is even an expensive sub so I think it could stay fairly balanced.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Standard Splattershot/Hero Replica with Mines and Bubbler.
Mines are my favorite sub as it is easy to ambush enemies through the use of mines. Bubbler because it is on one hand just incredibly strong and can on the other hand be passed to your team which I really, really like. There's nothing better than spreading a Bubbler, watching your enemy retreat in fear.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I feel like Dynamo Roller/Burst Bomb/Bubbler would be a huge boon. Burst Bomb gives something quick and light on ink to counteract the main weapon's slowness a bit, and Bubbler provides real defense to your vulnerable self.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I find that the .52 Gal Deco/Seeker/Inkstrike works incredibly well for me since the sub weapons are a good complement to the hard-hitting shooter. Not only do the Seekers guarantee a straight line of ink to use as a distraction and/or getaway, the Inkstrike is really awesome for being able to claim a good chunk of turf in one go. That said, I think it would also be neat if it had either Splat Bombs as a sub or the Bubbler as a special instead, since those are pretty good for keeping the enemy at bay.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Aerospray RG with Ink Bombs and Bubbler, mostly to balance out the low strength of the Aerospray RG.

Alternatively, Splattershot with Sprinkler or Ink Wall and Kraken.

Lackrocket

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Chawlsak
Switch Friend Code
SW-8367-5507-0209
That would be insane. Imagine a .52 with splash wall and bubbler. I can't even. XD
I was thinking .52 gal deco. Keep the seekers but add the bubbler. It would be a killer set for me

Lackrocket

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Chawlsak
Switch Friend Code
SW-8367-5507-0209
Yes this is my favorite weapon. Love the seekers and I enjoy the inkstrike. But it they added a bubbler, that would just be amazing
I find that the .52 Gal Deco/Seeker/Inkstrike works incredibly well for me since the sub weapons are a good complement to the hard-hitting shooter. Not only do the Seekers guarantee a straight line of ink to use as a distraction and/or getaway, the Inkstrike is really awesome for being able to claim a good chunk of turf in one go. That said, I think it would also be neat if it had either Splat Bombs as a sub or the Bubbler as a special instead, since those are pretty good for keeping the enemy at bay.

aidenduh

Inkling
My favorite sub weapon is the:disruptor:, and a :disruptor: + :inkstrike: would be HILARIOUS. I'd love to equip some :ability_bombrange: and throw a :disruptor: to hit a foe from afar, then shoot an :inkstrike:, and watch as they hopelessly attempt to swim away.

Muahaha.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Just as the title says, what is your perfect weapon setup?

Wish there was a combination there isn't? Post it here!
Already exists? Post it here too!

My perfect weapon would be the splatterscope with the squid beacon and echolocation. If only~ <3
Jet Squelcher with Disruptors and Echolocator. Equipt some bomb range and sub saver, and you're golden!

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
A gun with seeker and kraken,

Another weapon with Burst Bomb + Inkzooka

Flarii

Inkling
NNID
NaughtyPotatoowo
A 96 gal with burst bombs and bubbler would be great!

The 96 gal is a bit slow, so a quick burst bomb to escape inky situations would be nice.

The feeling of sharing a bubbler with your teammates would be amazing, and would turn the tides for a battle's final push!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom