Your most commonly used abilities?

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
My gear depends on the weapon I use but generally this is how I like to set things up:

Swim Speed all day every day, my favorite ability that lets me get out of tough situations all the time, I try to stack as much of this as possible
Cold Blooded is another ability I can't do without, if someone uses echo when I don't have this one I feel so exposed
Damage Up - I usually run a couple slots with this one to make sure I can still three shot enemies with a few defense ups
Special Charge Up/Special Saver - I pretty much always have a main ability dedicated to special charge up and a few special saver slots,

Occasionally I use ink resistance, ink recovery if I'm using the forge and quick re-spawn, sometimes I'll use tenacity too

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
By the way, can I ask how to put ability/ clothing/ weapon symbols in? I just joined on Saturday and still am trying to get the basics. It would save me some typing lol.
At the top of a post, you see a toolbar with lots of symbols. Click on the smiley face symbol and it brings down a bar of emotes, which are sorted in tabs by category.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
I blame the mentality of "if something is nerfed, it sucks" for that. Ink Resist is still pretty great, even after being toned down.
True. I stopped using it just to test it, and I find that while it does help, if you're pretty well surrounded by enemy ink, it won't help no matter what. They won't wait for you to 70% quicker sludge away to safety. The lowered damage would be the biggest perk for me. I find myself not getting a significantly less amount of deaths with it. If I get shoes with that and a triple of a sub I use a lot, no harm done. I think someone mentioned one pair is Rockenburg, which favors :ability_runspeed:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Strength Up is definitely my single most used ability. I use all Burst Bomb weapons, so naturally I can't go without atleast 6 strength up subs! Also love it on Chargers, and well used to like it on Blasters, but not so much anymore of course. Rapid Blasters still got it though! After that would probably be swim speed which I use on almost every weapon, and then Ink Recovery, Bomb Range Up, and Special Saver are also used frequently.

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
I love Tenacity. That's the main reason why I always prefer the Sporty Bobble Hat over any other headgear in the game. Tenacity helps me fill my Special gauge when my team has fewer players active than my opponent's team. And if you combine that ability with Special Charge Up, my gauge fills quicker than usual.

Ninja Squid and Stealth Jump are two abilities I prefer when it comes to hiding my location.

DisidisiD

Inkling
As a range/luna blaster user, the two main abilities I focus on are ninja squid and swim speed, especially with luna. I'm like a ninja.

Once in a while, I add ninja jump, ink resist, or I replace the ninja squid with another swim speed. But I mostly stick with the set I first stated.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
run speed up. i can't believe i'd been avoiding this one for so long, but it makes a HUGE difference to chargers.

i like cold blooded for my carbon roller so that i can disappear and go back to stalking safely.

i ALWAYS have special charge up running. i use three different weapons with inkzooka, two of which heavily benefit from being able to pull out dat long range (squiffer and carbon). on my other squiffer, special charge up means i can be more daring and forward since i'll almost always have a bubble waiting. actually, though, the real reason i always have this running is because i always wear my signature 8-bit squid cap.

swim speed is a personal favorite and you can't really go wrong with it.

Samuel_1802

Inkling
NNID
Samuel1802
Nice question!

Right now I'm running :head_eye000: with a :ability_quickrespawn: main and 3 :ability_inksavermain: subs, clothes_vest000 with :ability_swimspeed: main and 3 :ability_defenseup: subs, and :shoes_shi004: with :ability_inkrecovery: main and 3 :ability_swimspeed: subs. Generally a good all-around set with lots of speed that works with most of the weapons I use. I try to stick Swim Speed Up in most of my sets, works great for dodging and spacing. Another set I have is :head_vis001: with :ability_specialcharge: main and 3 :ability_inksaversub: subs, :clothes_tes013: with :ability_inksavermain: main and 3 :ability_specialcharge: subs, and :shoes_slo006: with :ability_specialcharge: main and 3 :ability_swimspeed: subs. This set works amazingly well in Turf Wars, specially with the Slosher, since I can spam the Inkstrikes a lot more often. And, right now I'm think of assembling a set focusing on :ability_damage:, :ability_haunt:, :ability_swimspeed:, :ability_inkrecovery: and :ability_specialsaver:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom