• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your Odd School Experiences

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Something funny, awesome, weird, or totally unexpected has happened to everyone at least once in their school careers sooooo.. share them here if you wish.

I have a couple. We had a sub in my 8th grade Science class and she was having some issues with a classmate. She was going to call security and have him sent to the principal. The sub started to countdown when at 2, she gave him the bird, and quickly went to 1. The whole class died laughing with some yelling "Caught!". The second was in my Intro to Computer Graphics class during my first semester of college. We were working on a project and there were a few conversations going on. Suddenly all but one conversation stopped and it happened to be 2 girls were talking about video games. Realizing they were the only people speaking, they stopped and said... something (I don't remember what it was). My professor and the class encouraged them to continue their conversation which grew into a class discussion on various video games. It was an awkward moment turned awesome. XP

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
One time I got bullied for having a gap between my front teeth... BUT THE GIRL WHO MADE FUN OF ME FOR IT WAS DATING A GUY WITH A BIGGER GAP!
or once I cried during class and my teacher hugged me and calmed me down... He was so nice I'm so upset he quit! ;m;
or mayyybee the one time we got on lock down unexpectedly because two unknown people broke into the school, that lock down lasted over an hour... the people got arrested they weren't armed but damn we were all scared ****less.
OR MAYYYBEE that time when I was in the cafeteria with my friends tristan and amanda and a spider came ALL THE WAS DOWN FROM THE CEILING (mind you it's probably at least a 20 feet above) AND HE FREAKED OUT AND IT WAS HILARIOUS... and then someone threw an orange juice at some kid at the next table over... that lunch period was so memorable!
maaayyybbeee the time I touched my teachers butt accidentally... oops sorry Mr. Clerget hahahaha!

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I got caught hanging out of the girls change room window trying to skip class and was completely unapologetic, so much so that I argued my case. I was trying to skip sport class because it was the last class of the day, raining and we were doing nothing, and besides, I had signed up to do surfing and they had cancelled it. I told them that if we were doing surfing I wouldn't have skipped class and it's not my fault that it wasn't happening.

I don't know what the teachers were thinking, but I got off without even a detention. It was awesome.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
There were times in school where someone gained a crush on me. It started in first grade, There were these two girls who were obsessed with me. In 4th grade the girls I sat next to secretly had a crush on me. In 5th grade a friend of mine gave me a surprise kiss. In 6th grade on the last day of school a very close friend of mine wanted us to be a couple instead of just friends. Every year in high school some girls wanted to ask me out. That's pretty much all the weird things I could think of. Well at least I find them weird.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Let's see,

One time in my English class, we had a sub that nobody liked. One kid was giving her a hard time in the most beautiful way possible. We were reading Huck Finn, and she called on him to read a few passages. It went something like this:

"Timmy, can you read for us?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I have a reading disability."
"So what are you going to do about it?" (obviously seeing he was full of ****)
"I'm going to give myself a mustache."
*taken aback*"What?"
"I'm going to give myself a mustache."

The sub had enough and called on someone else. 10 minutes later, Timmy was actually drawing a mustache on his face with a sharpie. That beautiful ******* was a man of his word.

My junior year of HS, one kid went across the street to an Allsup's that had put out small Christmas trees. He started yelling "I'm a tree hugger!" picked one up, and started dancing with it.

Senior year, one kid rode a motorcycle through a few of the school hallways.

This is what happens when you go to school in the *** end of nowhere.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Oh I remembered some more SOMEONE FILLED THE WHOLE A HALLWAYS WITH BALLOONS, and someone stacked a teacher's student's desks to the ceiling in her classroom it was ****ing hilarious, the teacher actually cried and quit her job lmao!!!!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wouldn't say anything "odd" happened in school... I mean, there was the time one of my friends asked some Asian girl for something, and she instead told him "5 dolla make you holla," or so he told me. I doubt it would've went anywhere.

...do mass shooting threats count? I remember hearing that some idiot was threatening to start on at my high school on 12/21/2012 (how convenient). When I told my mom, she got so paranoid that she forbade me from going that day. Of course nothing came of it, but I respected her decision and stayed home—and thus I was jokingly dubbed a momma's boy by my drama clubmates.

Actually, I do remember one "odd" thing that happened in sophomore year: I had asked one of my friends a question about our Latin homework, and after a brief conversation I kissed her on the forehead. Completely out of the blue. I still don't know what the hell came over me then, but we both kinda just shrugged it off after the initial WTF reaction.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
...do mass shooting threats count? I remember hearing that some idiot was threatening to start on at my high school on 12/21/2012 (how convenient)
Someone on 2/27/12 told me he was gonna shoot me
And on that same day, a city one county over had a mass shooting... jesus! I told the principal because I didn't know him and I didn't want to die. Scary ****, the boy got suspended... thank god I never saw him again actually he was probably expelled.

Silentium

Senior Squid
Does stories of dorming with supreme, euphoric gentlemen in your first semester of college count?

Silentium

Senior Squid
So long as you classify it as interesting and it's safe for work, yeah.
Great.

Anyways, first semester of college, starting the dorm life. I enter in with an open, optimistic mind. Moving into a quad, I though maybe I could get three friends. And I was in engineering going into a special floor for engineers, so it would be better, right? Wrong. When I walked in, I see a fedora hanging on the wall. I got to kind of talk with the kid who owned the fedora, but he was always distant. As the semester went on, he became more aggressive, moody, and anti-social. He also acted really, really creepy. He would get these Frozen plushies and snuggle with them half naked while sleeping, among doing other things. Anyways, about halfway in, I started seeing food in my bed and some stuff vandalized. Not before long, seeing seltzer water in my shoes and greasy pizza wiped on my bedding became a regular occurrence. Everyone tells you to go to your RA for help, but let's be honest, they get nothing done. Before the semester ends, I managed to snag a single and moved out.

My brothers helped me move my stuff that day. The oldest one "did some stuff." Nothing nasty or even that bad, but it's more on the inappropriate side so I can't say what he did. But the kid REALLY didn't take to kind to it. Sometime after, another one of the dorm-mates, someone who I'm a friend with, told me that he freaked out. He violently moved my old furniture around, burned aerosol on the top of my bed saying "wouldn't it be funny if he was here," broke his guitar, wrote my phone number on the bathroom mirror in hopes that people would troll me, and best of all, went on his bed in the fetal position with his fedora on crying himself to sleep. The fourth roommate had to read bedtime stories to him to get him to sleep.

I only occasionally see him, but I've never interacted with him since.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Great.

Anyways, first semester of college, starting the dorm life. I enter in with an open, optimistic mind. Moving into a quad, I though maybe I could get three friends. And I was in engineering going into a special floor for engineers, so it would be better, right? Wrong. When I walked in, I see a fedora hanging on the wall. I got to kind of talk with the kid who owned the fedora, but he was always distant. As the semester went on, he became more aggressive, moody, and anti-social. He also acted really, really creepy. He would get these Frozen plushies and snuggle with them half naked while sleeping, among doing other things. Anyways, about halfway in, I started seeing food in my bed and some stuff vandalized. Not before long, seeing seltzer water in my shoes and greasy pizza wiped on my bedding became a regular occurrence. Everyone tells you to go to your RA for help, but let's be honest, they get nothing done. Before the semester ends, I managed to snag a single and moved out.

My brothers helped me move my stuff that day. The oldest one "did some stuff." Nothing nasty or even that bad, but it's more on the inappropriate side so I can't say what he did. But the kid REALLY didn't take to kind to it. Sometime after, another one of the dorm-mates, someone who I'm a friend with, told me that he freaked out. He violently moved my old furniture around, burned aerosol on the top of my bed saying "wouldn't it be funny if he was here," broke his guitar, wrote my phone number on the bathroom mirror in hopes that people would troll me, and best of all, went on his bed in the fetal position with his fedora on crying himself to sleep. The fourth roommate had to read bedtime stories to him to get him to sleep.

._. Wow... uhhhh... the only thing I can say is "Good thing I don't dorm". Did he have any like mental issues or anything of the sorts?

Silentium

Senior Squid
._. Wow... uhhhh... the only thing I can say is "Good thing I don't dorm". Did he have any like mental issues or anything of the sorts?
Well there was definitely something wrong with him. I can only guess what exactly it is.
That one friend of mine gives me occasional updates on him whenever he bumps into him. He hasn't recoverd from what my brother did, and is as creepy as ever. One time he saw the kid at one of the eateries at college. He walked up to the kid and the kid screamed "eff off" to my buddy. Everyone looked at him. Another time the kid just hissed at my friend. I'm glad I didn't have to dorm with him for another semester.

And the funny thing is, this isn't an isolated incident. Many engineering students are like this guy. That, or they're uber tryhards who are willing to retake a course just to increase their GPA by 0.02 points and hyperventilate over the slightest chance of an internship. And then my friend doesn't understand why I'm asocial around other engineer students...

ProjectJ

Inkling
Great.

Haha, that's crazy. This kid was not mentally ready to leave home. I had a story in mind, but it wouldn't top this one lol. You win man.

jkid391

Senior Squid
Great.

This is just insane... my story is nowhere near that level of crazy...
Once, I was taking a test, when some kid's mom started calling him. Everybody heard the phone, including the teacher. The kid stood up, said "Hold on..." to the teacher, and had a conversation with his mom.
Another time, so many people were on the stairs at my middle school (there are 4 stairs in my school, but 2 are exclusive to a 6th and 8th grade), that everybody on the stairs were trapped there except for 2 or 3 who managed to get out. Teachers went there and everything. I just went to the other flight of stairs and some kids that couldn't go on the other, crowded stairs went by a elevator for handicapped people only.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Great. So some dipshit apparently decided it would be a good idea to paint a swastika on somebody's door in one of the dorm halls. Quite possibly because the guy living in that dorm is black.

To the university's credit, they're taking this pretty seriously: two different seminars on acceptance and minority issues next week (one being a forum within that dorm), the school's president apparently made a statement denouncing it earlier today, the police were there to investigate this as a hate crime...

...I should've known better than to think I could avoid that kind of crap by going to a Christian college. Male undergrads really are the scum of the earth. If I could be sure of my anonymity (and if I knew who the culprit was), I'd hang an inverted crucifix on his door. What can I say, intolerance ain't a one-way street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom