Your Thoughts on SHELDONS PICK VOL.2

Yochanon

Inkling
They have been released to the whole today.
What are your thoughts of trying out the weapons?
I was kinda disappointed about the Grim Range Blaster, but I at least mastered it.
Overall, the Sheldons picks were okay, but not what i was really anticipated for.​

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I think the same thing. I do think that the Grim Range blaster, Aerospray PG, N-Zap '83, and the Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope are some of the better weapons, and open new strategies to those weapons. I don't really like the Corocoro Splat Roller as Splash Wall isn't very useful, nor the Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose as the Nozzlenoses aren't used very much anyways. The rest of the weapons were just meh.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
the chargers were ok with its useful sub. Grim range blaster was pretty good with its burst bomb sub accessing easy movement. The roller was kind of disappointing. The aerospray and nzap were just meh. However.......the Cherry H3 was the best thing to happen for this type of weapon class. Ended up using that weapon the most.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
the chargers were ok with its useful sub. Grim range blaster was pretty good with its burst bomb sub accessing easy movement. The roller was kind of disappointing. The aerospray and nzap were just meh. However.......the Cherry H3 was the best thing to happen for this type of weapon class. Ended up using that weapon the most.
You know, I haven't used the Cherry H-3 a lot, but I do think it is an excellent weapon set overall. I just can't use a Nozzlenose to save my life.

Yochanon

Inkling
But i find the CoroCoro roller interesting. due to the fact that it has a Splash wall

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I was severely disappointed that they didn't give the Heavy a kit that works for me, as I recently picked up the main weapon and I do love it. Keeping that weapon in mind, the '83 is a nice intermediate for those that don't want to use the short range Sploosh or deal with the windup of a splatling.

I'm aggravated that they gave another long-range charger with echolocator, but that just means I'll need to invest in a useful Haunt or maybe Cold-Blooded setup.

I don't much care for the Grim, but I see people decimating teams with a burst bomb followed up with a shot of the main weapon. The throwable also helps with the general poor coverage capabilities of blaster weapons, so win-win.

The aerospray is vastly overhyped.

As much as I like the H-3's setup, I personally can't use the main weapon to save my life, so that one's not for me.

It's neat that they gave a roller a splash wall finally, so that'll open up some interesting tactical options. I've never liked using (or facing) rollers, so again it's not for me.

I gave the Sploosh 7 a try, and it seems like a much more balanced kit than the neo. I admit I do love spamming point sensors, as they make approaching a target far more reliable - an immensely valuable resource for such a pitifully short ranged weapon. I don't use Splooshes often, nor do I necessarily want to as it's completely the contrary to my play style, but they are pretty fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom