• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Youtube Copyright info needed!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I just got an Elgato game capture on amazon for a good price and want to upload splatoon footage I play to youtube is that allowed like how can I avoid getting copyright.... I'm not gonna make money off it or add ads. i just wanna show off my skills and funny moments with my friend beeb and stuff!

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
As long as you don't click the monetizing, you are fine to upload them with no problems. You WILL get the "3rd party content claim" thing, but on that page it will tell you if you are in trouble or not. Withh games owned by nintendo, they will claim it, and put their own ads in your video automatically. This is fine, because they allow you to keep the video up, but they make money from it because it's their copyrighted work.
However, if you sign up to the "Nintendo Creator's Program", you can add your videos to an account you make and receive money from it. that's what i do.

Here's what I said above will happen:
You get the 3rd party claim:

you.png

That shows the ID claims in the areas I madea black box around. They are all splatoon (as well as some other videos, but this is it for this picture). Then you click on that clue text to take you here:
you1.png

Notice it says the viewing restrictions are none? that means nintendo is claiming that they own the copyright to the game you used, so they can make money for their work. However, they are allowing you to keep the video up..You literally just upload and don't do anything..

I mentioned the way you can make money if you ever decide to do so, which is completely legal and is offered by nintendo.
Here's the page:
https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/
Read the terms and services and all the other stuff linked at the top right before you do anything, but anyway, what you do is you sign up with whatever email address is linked to your youtube, then you can either add your whole channel, or just the single videos (which if you do the channel they put ads in ALL videos, so if you have other content, do NOT do this option, but doing it by single video, you have to physically click to add them on the videos page of that site when signed in). Then you link a paypal, and any money made off of the ads they automatically already put into the video you uploaded, you will get a cut of that.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
^^^^Thank you I registered I'll also have my brother do it too!!!! ;w;

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
What do you mean you screwed up? Can't you just go to the email and say "it's safe" so it goes to your inbox? I think it ALWAYS goes to spam because it doesn't know what it is..Just do that and varify and continue like normal..Regardless of which folder it arrived in, as long as it went to YOUR email, then it's fine.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
What do you mean you screwed up? Can't you just go to the email and say "it's safe" so it goes to your inbox? I think it ALWAYS goes to spam because it doesn't know what it is..Just do that and varify and continue like normal..Regardless of which folder it arrived in, as long as it went to YOUR email, then it's fine.
I can't it's passed 24 hours OTL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom