• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bamboozler 14 MK II: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Last of the Chargers to be released, here is the Bamboozler 14 MK II! Like its MK I counterpart, this old-style sniper from the times of the Great Turf war supplies the fastest charge out of any chargeable weapon in the game, but is the only Charger to kill in two hits. The Disruptors and Echolocator on this variation give this a bit more of a supportive take but also a more direct method of combat. Probably for those who focus more on the tactics of the main weapon and just let the subs and specials help them master it, rather than the focus being on them.

Shop Description: The Bamboozler 14 MK II has the same stats as the MK I, but its new look is super snazzy! Use the Echolocator to find enemies, disable them with Disruptors, and then finish them off with the Bamboozler! Such terrifying efficiency is only right for a legendary weapon. Use it to relive the Great Turf War days of old!

Shop Cost: 8,300

Sub Weapon: Disruptors

Special Weapon: Echolocator

So, with that having been said, please leave your thoughts on the Bamboozler 14 MK II.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I like the concept of the Disruptors and Echolocator working together to slow down and stop the foes' advance, but in practice I can never manage to aim the Bamboozler well enough to make it count. Still, anyone who can get the hang of it is pretty powerful and not to be messed with.

As a side note, I noticed the Squid Research Lab only had one pic of the new weapon and they only posted it an hour ago. Usually by the afternoon they'd have a promo image followed by several shots of an Inkling in action with it. I just hope they're not suffering budget cuts...

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I like the concept of the Disruptors and Echolocator working together to slow down and stop the foes' advance, but in practice I can never manage to aim the Bamboozler well enough to make it count. Still, anyone who can get the hang of it is pretty powerful and not to be messed with.

As a side note, I noticed the Squid Research Lab only had one pic of the new weapon and they only posted it an hour ago. Usually by the afternoon they'd have a promo image followed by several shots of an Inkling in action with it. I just hope they're not suffering budget cuts...
Oh I have a question for you. Can you change the title in your Bamboozler MK I thread to show that thst's the thread for MK I and not MK II?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Oh I have a question for you. Can you change the title in your Bamboozler MK I thread to show that thst's the thread for MK I and not MK II?
I...don't believe I made one? The only thread specifically about the Bamboozler Mk I that I could find was this one by @MakesDream.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
This thing was insane. It's definitely a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. Shortly after it's release I was getting crushed by teams with 3+ chargers, most of them using this weapon, something I NEVER would've anticipated. Because of its mobility and quick charge rate, you can find yourself in danger at an even greater degree of ranges than the Eliter or splatterscope. The ability to rapid fire makes it very difficult to approach when they know you're coming, since compared to the other chargers, missing shots is much less relevant. I don't know if it's just me but this reminds me of how so many people thought about the dynamo in the early days; a very effective weapon that still has its downsides, but can still easily destroy you if you don't know it inside and out.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Would not the disruptor help you with your aim?
Yes, but even so foes are usually savvy enough to hide after I get them with it so that they can splat me from a safe spot. Probably doesn't help I keep thinking of the weapon as a very slow semi-auto shooter instead of a charger.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
I'm pretty terrible with chargers, but this loadout is great. It compliments the main weapon well. I might give it a try. Surely even a bad charger user can use this.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I'm eager to try this variant. Seems like it would cater to my passive aggressive style better.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
it's fun to use. i'll admit that i'm a bit too aggressive for someone who doesn't know how to use the bamboozler yet. i'm a squiffer player so i'm used to being good at inking when i need to escape. also not quite used to ALWAYS needing a second/third shot, though it's a lot easier than i previously thought.

adamjoseph

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Adamjosephc
I enjoyed giving it a shot. I never really played with the MK I, so this was really my first time with the Bamboozler. I don't mind the 2-shot kills - it's an interesting challenge and the weapons offers a lot of advantages in terms of mobility and charge speed over other chargers, so it makes sense to have a damage trade off. Besides, if you land a fully-charged shot (which takes almost no time at all), you can basically just hit them with a drop of ink from a consecutively fired second shot (barely charged) to splat them.

It also doesn't seem to fare terribly in panic-inducing situations. Considering it was my first time using it, I ended up in a few sticky situations where I found myself up close with stronger, short ranged weapons, and panicked no-charge shots actually landed me a few splats. Sure, that's not the ideal strategy, but it was kind of funny to me.

And echolocator is always great. Really helpful in keeping your self appropriately spaced from the other team.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
No weapons shall be called "garbage". If it has more flaws than strengths, please analyze as such in a covilized manner.

Now, for question, should this weapon be more sneak based or more offense based?
Advantages: Quick Charge Time, Decent Range, Decent Movement Speed, Disruptors can help sometimes, Decent against Rollers (Even the Dynamo), Beats Squiffer in Range, can kill across enemy Ink, Echolocator helps the team flank, Can be good support if you follow your teammate

Disadvantages: Outranged and less damage output than several shooter class weapons, Outranged by most Chargers and has no Splash Wall to Counter them, Heavy Splatling just plain outranges it, Blasters can beat it around corners, Can not ink the ground well at all, Shots can get blocked by corners and teammates, 2 shot kill means enemies have more time to react/dodge, Laser gives your position away, Defensive play is heavily weakened by lack of Splash Wall, offensive play is impractical with this since hiding behind a corner pretty much counters this entire build since it sucks at flanking, at close range it's incredibly difficult to hit anything and the 2 hit kill means you aren't guaranteed to get a kill if you do, Disruptors can be cancelled by Kraken, Disruptor doesn't bounce Krakens or Bubblers back.

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Advantages: Quick Charge Time, Decent Range, Decent Movement Speed, Disruptors can help sometimes, Decent against Rollers (Even the Dynamo), Beats Squiffer in Range, can kill across enemy Ink, Echolocator helps the team flank, Can be good support if you follow your teammate

Disadvantages: Outranged and less damage output than several shooter class weapons, Outranged by most Chargers and has no Splash Wall to Counter them, Heavy Splatling just plain outranges it, Blasters can beat it around corners, Can not ink the ground well at all, Shots can get blocked by corners and teammates, 2 shot kill means enemies have more time to react/dodge, Laser gives your position away, Defensive play is heavily weakened by lack of Splash Wall, offensive play is impractical with this since hiding behind a corner pretty much counters this entire build since it sucks at flanking, at close range it's incredibly difficult to hit anything and the 2 hit kill means you aren't guaranteed to get a kill if you do, Disruptors can be cancelled by Kraken, Disruptor doesn't bounce Krakens or Bubblers back.
You can't just list a bunch of generic disadvantages that apply to almost every weapon and use it as evidence that the gun is garbage.

I played a team with two MK II's yesterday and they controlled the whole middle by themselves. Disruptors and echo are ridiculous on chargers.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
You can't just list a bunch of generic disadvantages that apply to almost every weapon and use it as evidence that the gun is garbage.

I played a team with two MK II's yesterday and they controlled the whole middle by themselves. Disruptors and echo are ridiculous on chargers.
Not gonna feed the flame(r), but BB MK II is FAR from garbage. It just takes a lot more time and effort to get the hang of how it plays.
It's more of a Custom Splattershot/Rapid Blaster type weapon. Any weapon can do well in certain situations, but that doesn't mean every weapon is good.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid

I love how quite a few things you say here are flat out wrong.
  1. This weapon out-ranges every shooter and the Heavy Splatling. The longest range shooter, the Jet Squelcher is barely out-ranged by this thing. The Jet Squelcher has an effective range of 4.2 lines. The Bamboozler has an effective range of 4.3 lines of distance (this of course is nothing to brag about since to safely out-range an opponent one needs to have and advantage of at least 0.4 lines). Heavy Splatling is no better with an effective range of 4 lines. All of the other shooters you mentioned are heavily out-ranged by Bamboozler with effective ranges of 3.3, 2.9, 2.5, 2.1, and 1.5 lines.
  2. This weapon can counter other chargers. While it is out ranged by the majority of chargers bar squiffer, the weapon does kill faster than they do. This weapon requires 2 shots to kill. Even assuming if both of these shots are charged to their maximum, the Bamboozler still out does the Splat Charger by 20 whole frames. Squiffer is out done by 5 frames while slow poke E-liter is out done by a massive 60 frames. This plus the fact that disruptor can nerf charge times means that the Chargers will be kill far before they can kill the Bamboozler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom