Bamboozler 14 MK II: Analysis and Thoughts

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
No weapons shall be called "garbage". If it has more flaws than strengths, please analyze as such in a civilized manner.

Now, for question, should this weapon be more sneak based or more offense based?
I'd vote more offensively. Whenever I'm up against either Bamboozler, they are usually pretty mobile to a degree, going where the action is rather than staying in one spot. Rapid firing, but also charged shots if the target is stuck in ink. With the Disruptor and Echo, it supports the mobile reasoning even more.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'd vote more offensively. Whenever I'm up against either Bamboozler, they are usually pretty mobile to a degree, going where the action is rather than staying in one spot. Rapid firing, but also charged shots if the target is stuck in ink. With the Disruptor and Echo, it supports the mobile reasoning even more.
That's what I thought. Disruptors and Echolocator should probably be used to chase enemies, for shutting them down at a relatively long range. Bomb Range Up would probably be ideal here. The main weapon's a bit more back-focused that the SSJR, since this shares the same loadout as the CSSJR, so I would say this weapon should be a mid weapon. I'm only saying probably because as of now, I have not tried this weapon.

Last edited:

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
I love how quite a few things you say here are flat out wrong.
  1. This weapon out-ranges every shooter and the Heavy Splatling. The longest range shooter, the Jet Squelcher is barely out-ranged by this thing. The Jet Squelcher has an effective range of 4.2 lines. The Bamboozler has an effective range of 4.3 lines of distance (this of course is nothing to brag about since to safely out-range an opponent one needs to have and advantage of at least 0.4 lines). Heavy Splatling is no better with an effective range of 4 lines. All of the other shooters you mentioned are heavily out-ranged by Bamboozler with effective ranges of 3.3, 2.9, 2.5, 2.1, and 1.5 lines.
  2. This weapon can counter other chargers. While it is out ranged by the majority of chargers bar squiffer, the weapon does kill faster than they do. This weapon requires 2 shots to kill. Even assuming if both of these shots are charged to their maximum, the Bamboozler still out does the Splat Charger by 20 whole frames. Squiffer is out done by 5 frames while slow poke E-liter is out done by a massive 60 frames. This plus the fact that disruptor can nerf charge times means that the Chargers will be kill far before they can kill the Bamboozler.
Alright, instead of garbage, i'll say it's not ideal.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Hi, this weapon is good. Really good. A beautiful piece of work even. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

If you think Bamboozler needs ink wall... lol...

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Disadvantages: Outranged and less damage output than several shooter class weapons, Outranged by most Chargers and has no Splash Wall to Counter them, Heavy Splatling just plain outranges it, Blasters can beat it around corners, Can not ink the ground well at all, Shots can get blocked by corners and teammates, 2 shot kill means enemies have more time to react/dodge, Laser gives your position away, Defensive play is heavily weakened by lack of Splash Wall, offensive play is impractical with this since hiding behind a corner pretty much counters this entire build since it sucks at flanking, at close range it's incredibly difficult to hit anything and the 2 hit kill means you aren't guaranteed to get a kill if you do, Disruptors can be cancelled by Kraken, Disruptor doesn't bounce Krakens or Bubblers back.
Good joke

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Hi, this weapon is good. Really good. A beautiful piece of work even. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

If you think Bamboozler needs ink wall... lol...
Yeah, the Splash Wall was one of my big problems with the MK I. It consumed way to much of the ink tank to have too many chances at killing whoever was on the other side of the wall after setting it up. I mean sure, most people who use the MK I stack Ink Saver (Sub), but it's nice to have a sub where it isn't so required. In fact, with a full ink tank, 2 Disruptors can be thrown, and, in this main weapon's case, that should still allow for another shot or two.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I bought this weapon because i want to use it in the future (keep in mind i had barely any experience with it aside from using it in the testing area). So i got into ranked thinking i was using the dual squelcher, but instead i had the bamboozler, so the gear i was wearing was also not optimal for it. We lost, but i ended up getting 8 kills and 10 deaths, which is really good for having no experience with it aside from watching some players use it. Really, people who says this weapon sucks or is garbage, just suck with it is all.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Kinda glad they are only putting Disruptors on not-so-epic main weapons. Imagine Disruptors on .92 Gals...

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Kinda glad they are only putting Disruptors on not-so-epic main weapons. Imagine Disruptors on .92 Gals...
Well, Disruptors wouldn't be necessary on those weapons anyways, because the Gals. take 2-shots to kill (unless one wears Defense Up when facing a .52 Gal.) and Rollers can kill really quickly anyways, including Brushes. But there are some really good Custom Splattershot Jrs. that I've faced that can be scary with those Disruptors, and actually, this weapon's very loadout. However, that weapon is super offensive, all about shutting down opponents at close range and rushing into the fray to find and rack up kills. Users of this weapon should utilize the loadout in a more defensive fashion, still focused on finding and shutting down people, but at a longer range and not pushing too much (but this one should push more than the MK I in my opinion).

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Well, Disruptors wouldn't be necessary on those weapons anyways, because the Gals. take 2-shots to kill (unless one wears Defense Up when facing a .52 Gal.) and Rollers can kill really quickly anyways, including Brushes. But there are some really good Custom Splattershot Jrs. that I've faced that can be scary with those Disruptors, and actually, this weapon's very loadout. However, that weapon is super offensive, all about shutting down opponents at close range and rushing into the fray to find and rack up kills. Users of this weapon should utilize the loadout in a more defensive fashion, still focused on finding and shutting down people, but at a longer range and not pushing too much (but this one should push more than the MK I in my opinion).
Yea I tend to have a higher winrate with CSjr. I really like Disruptor, but I can't use a Blaster or Nozzlenose for ****.

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
Alright I played a little of this weapon yesterday (**** towers, it makes me not want to play). I really like it, it's probably my favorite variant of the two! Definitely will be invest a lot of time into it.

BigToughMcGruff

Inkling
NNID
BigToughMcGruff
So I spent quite some time in testing, trying to figure out advantages/disadvantages in comparison with other guns. With a Two-hit KO and fast charge that doesn't even need to be full on both shots for a Two-hit KO, it can really mow down players. In fact, when you test the fire rate of two non-full charged but still two-hit KO shots to a .96 gal (another two-hit KOer) you'll find it about the same fire rate, but the Bamboozler has more range. Of course, with a charger, you gotta be precise. This weapon shines in the hands of players skilled with it. At optimum use, It's a flexible weapon, allowing for support, countering enemy team supports by maneuvering close enough to them, and is great for area control/denial. Great for hanging just outside the fray and picking off the enemy. You absolutely must be an accurate player though, know how to properly zone the opponent, get the timing down for two hit KOs as quick as possible along with managing to track your target. Keep in mind your disruptor, it's there to help you slow your opponents and keep them from getting away or running behind corners or circling around you before you can two shot 'em. Echolocator is a great special, as enemy placement data of the entire team is fantastic decision making data and can lead to helping anyone on your team anticipate and counter the enemy.

In the hands of new users or the unskilled, it's trash. When trained in it or you're a skilled sharp shooter it's power really comes through.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Glad to see people are liking this weapon. Bamboozler is an amazingly rewarding weapon, but there's a lot of people that would rather not get past the learning curve so they dismiss it. Been solely dedicated to using Bamboozler in general for over a month now and have never once questioned its usefulness to my team. Pretty much going to be solely using MK II unless Killer Wail is really useful like in SZ Camp and Port in general.

Kit is incredibly fluid and really comes together well with this weapon. I couldn't have asked for a better setup.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I've been mucking around with this bad boy, and it is leaps and bounds better than the MK I. Disruptors on this monster are absolutely amazing. The biggest problem with the Boozler is getting off that second hit to score the 2HKO, with disruptors you can essentially wave goodbye to that. Echolocator shows you where to throw the disruptor, and you deal with it to the best of your abilities. It is absurd how well this loadout works together. Once you get the double tap down, you will be mowing down baddies left and right. Had a game with a fellow Boozler and we absolutely tore that map apart. Scoring at least about 10 Splats a piece. You've just got to get that distance down, and you're golden. It's a VERY accurate weapon, and that can be troublesome for many, but my goodness, once you get the hang of how everything works together, this thing is a monster.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah, the Splash Wall was one of my big problems with the MK I. It consumed way to much of the ink tank to have too many chances at killing whoever was on the other side of the wall after setting it up. I mean sure, most people who use the MK I stack Ink Saver (Sub), but it's nice to have a sub where it isn't so required. In fact, with a full ink tank, 2 Disruptors can be thrown, and, in this main weapon's case, that should still allow for another shot or two.
That's pretty much why I never use the Splash Wall. If the enemy's close enough for it to be effective I might as well shoot them. The most I use them for is for helping allies (and even then it tends to go too far or too short) or when going up a wall so I'm not shot as soon as I reach the top

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
I've been using this for the past couple days and this weapon is still problematic. If you play it like a Charger, people will just stand out of your distance.
If you play it like a Shooter, then you're crippled since you have to get dangerously close to Gunners who are far better at mid-range combat. Squiffer has this problem, but makes up for it with a 1 hit kill. If you go really close range, then that's dumb because you're using a Charger, and you're going to get stuck or shot no matter how many Disruptors you throw. For some reason people forget that Disrupted players can still shoot you lol.

I'll say that in situations where your team controls the map, the weapon is good for keeping that control. The Disruptor puts down Rollers, Tentateks, and shorter ranged weapons pretty well since you outrange them. In some situations you might be able to pick off a Charger if they don't take 2 steps back or shoot you first. Disruptors also help your teammates get kills which is always good. Also, weakened enemies can result in 1 shot kills sometimes.

The weapon isn't so bad that you'll never get kills ever, but it doesn't give you an advantage in most situations. Not garbage, but not ideal. Might be good in Squads?

Oh, and I got a Quad Kill last match which is cool :p

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I'll say that in situations where your team controls the map, the weapon is good for keeping that control. The Disruptor puts down Rollers, Tentateks, and shorter ranged weapons pretty well since you outrange them.
And Splattershots too! Goodness people always seem to forget that the OG weapon itself exists and is actually becoming more popular. But patience must be taken, I suppose...

And yes, this weapon, unlike the CSSJR, which shares its loadout, shuts down shorter ranged emenies with its longer range, while the CSSJR shuts down longer ranged (but slower) enemies with its quick time-to-kill and loadout. Kind of opposites with the same kit when one thinks about it.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Bamboozler is as much of a charger as Splatlings are chargers or Brushes are rollers. [ok the first example might be extreme] At least that's the way I see it. In a team composition the Bamboozler will take the place of a shooter, it is not compensation for not having an e-liter. And playing it as a shooter does not require you to get right up into their face for the sake of being a shooter. The weapon is, to an extent, a combination of all [or at least many] playstyles and it is up to the user to bring them all together and make them flow as one, unique playstyle.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Bamboozler is as much of a charger as Splatlings are chargers or Brushes are rollers. [ok the first example might be extreme] At least that's the way I see it. In a team composition the Bamboozler will take the place of a shooter, it is not compensation for not having an e-liter. And playing it as a shooter does not require you to get right up into their face for the sake of being a shooter. The weapon is, to an extent, a combination of all [or at least many] playstyles and it is up to the user to bring them all together and make them flow as one, unique playstyle.
That's interesting. Do you have a Video Capture Device? Maybe you could show me your moves
with the Bamboozler Mk II.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
That's interesting. Do you have a Video Capture Device? Maybe you could show me your moves
with the Bamboozler Mk II.
I do not, but am working to get one by the end of the year. Two of the people that play on the same team as me do stream matches though. They're 2dos and Toufool31. The former streams more often though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom