• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
but the losing team of the previous match may ban 3 maps from being played that match.
Shouldn't it be the winning team that is allowed to ban maps and then the losing team picking the map for the next game ? I'm not sure to understand the logic behind this clause.

Also, sorry I didn't read the whole thread, but how will we decide which team strikes maps first at the beginning of a set ?
I'd suggest doing a game in Turf War on Walleye Warehouse, the winning team can strike first.
It would be great for warming up too.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Because the max number of entrants has been risen to 8, I'd like to register 2 more members for Team Quetzalcoatl

I'd like to enter:

@Tox IGN: QC≫Tox NNID: 201111William
@Vyvuto IGN: QC≫Vyvuto NNID: jhunterd777

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Shouldn't it be the winning team that is allowed to ban maps and then the losing team picking the map for the next game ? I'm not sure to understand the logic behind this clause.

Also, sorry I didn't read the whole thread, but how will we decide which team strikes maps first at the beginning of a set ?
I'd suggest doing a game in Turf War on Walleye Warehouse, the winning team can strike first.
It would be great for warming up too.
Thanks for that! will change that!

Matt-

Inkling
NNID
Matt_MK8
Team Name: Booyah Base Rejects
Team Leader: Matt
Skype of team leader: matt_ssb4
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Matt: Matt_MK8 || Sammy: TragicBabiesIV || Scarecrow: OgS_cz || Jake: BlueBomber007
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ввг
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: EST/MST

Last edited:

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Team Name: Inkopolis Underground
Team Leader: @ZypkerGaming
Skype of team leader: ZypkerGaming
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (8 IU members): Zypker | ZypkerGaming, Miz | MissingN, Cryo | Ciano365, Selina | xSkytte, Nayfus | LinkLuigi730, RenFRZ | Mariolover127, Elliot | Ehitburns, Kile | mayday_29.
(I may put replacements / reserves in for the members.)

Team Tag (2-4 Characters): IU
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Not that I know of.
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Probably.
Main timezone of team: PST / EST

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
@Salveon This basically. No limit on teams participating, EXCEPT that there may be no more than 3 teams from a single squad..
Can you explain the point of this? I was under the impression that each team could have 4-8 members, not 24. With this, all you're doing is limiting the amount of people, that each team can stuff into one group. You are giving teams with larger rosters, an unfair advantage, and this should not be ignored. Every team that does this, will have 6 chances of winning, 3 on the winners side, and 3 on the losers side. While smaller teams such as mine, only have 2 chances... 1 on the winners side and 1 on the losers side.

Kiver

Full Squid
NNID
KiverZ
Team Name: Koopa Clan
Team Leader: Kiver
Skype of team leader(s): xkiver95 / magnet-alpha / mr.sorinmarkov
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-8):
ĸ¢ Dark / Dark0123dx
ĸ¢ Kamek / Kamek_02
ĸ¢ Kiver / KiverZ
ĸ¢ Magnet / Magnet-Alpha
ĸ¢ Sael / Badeto
ĸ¢ Sorin / SorinSuperplayer
ĸ¢ X treme / Harmoneur
ĸ¢ Zerashi / RayZorr
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ĸ¢
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): No
Main timezone of team: CET (GMT +2)

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Can you explain the point of this? I was under the impression that each team could have 4-8 members, not 24. With this, all you're doing is limiting the amount of people, that each team can stuff into one group. You are giving teams with larger rosters, an unfair advantage, and this should not be ignored. Every team that does this, will have 6 chances of winning, 3 on the winners side, and 3 on the losers side. While smaller teams such as mine, only have 2 chances... 1 on the winners side and 1 on the losers side.
I gotta agree with this. This is-- along with making sure my team is ready-- partially why I am holding off. It just gives huge teams a pretty unfair advantage. I thought the point of keeping it at 7 players was to make sure this didn't happen. When 8 players were allowed, I assumed it was for 4 main players and 4 subs.

Nanerz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheeTheNanerz
Team Name: in The ink
Team Leader: Nanerz
Skype of team leader: RKadeSoundz
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Nanerz/TheeTheNanerz - Torizo/SmashBroIV - Rice/WhiteRice - duck/dluckystarfax - Chaos/TheChaosPro - hunty/thedoctorU
Team Tag (2-4 Characters):iTi
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No):
Yes
Main timezone of team: PST

can we add to the roster later before the dead line?

Edited team name.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
To be fair, as we get further down the line, teams of 4-8 people will form and stick within squads of more people. I'm not going to argue right now with this because we really need to get one tournament under our belts and see how it plays out. However, for future tournaments, I might suggest a two team per squad limit.

Just roll with it for now and maybe (in like 3 tournaments or so we'll get a thread that we can start on a blank slate with tournament rules/match rules/things of the sort.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Can we get a predictions thread or something like that? This is a pretty big event. Nvm, nobody would have a single clue of what to predict. Anyway, are we going to have a direct list of what streams we can watch? Also, are mode choices and map picking confirmed to be in the update?

N-Strike

Full Squid
NNID
N-Strike-Smash
Can we get a predictions thread or something like that? This is a pretty big event. Nvm, nobody would have a single clue of what to predict. Anyway, are we going to have a direct list of what streams we can watch? Also, are mode choices and map picking confirmed to be in the update?
#1 maybe next time lol

#2 a stream schedule would be nice

#3 yes

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Eventually, I'm sure we'll get a list of all streamers. As for Mode/Map picking, here you are:

lol Predictions would be cool if we knew everyone's skill levels, but we don't. In the future we'll have the Rankings to go off of.

Wobz

Inkling
NNID
WobzGames
#1 maybe next time lol

#2 a stream schedule would be nice

#3 yes
This is the first Splatoon tournament, predictions are just flat out guesses xD
and great idea, i will be streaming for Squiddernauts Delta. I will post my stream schedule in a bit. I would also like to put in the OP the stream schedule of all the IoS streamers so everyone can watch

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Just a quick question is this going 48 hours straight?
Breaks?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Just a quick question is this going 48 hours straight?
Breaks?
RoyLee said:
We have concurred in the Tournament Committee skype chat and we have found that we are just going to start on this date. There will be no specific start time and no specific end time. however we will have a time that each round must be finished by. For example, The first round must be completed in 0-48 hours from the start time. You have the leader of the other team must find a time to do it.
(bolded for clarity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom