Ink or Sink Tournament! v.1.1b Final Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symph

Full Squid
NNID
Symphonia46
We in there.

Team Name: Squid Squad Spades
Team Leader: Symph
Skype of team leader: symphonia46
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6): Symph - Symphonia46 | Ezreal - Ezreal253 | Paradise - ES-Paradise | LSDJ - LittleSoundDJ | BrTarolg - BrTarolg
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): SS-S
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes
Main timezone of team: EDT (GMT-4)

Last edited:

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Alright everyone! We have concurred in the Tournament Committee skype chat and we have found that we are just going to start on this date. There will be no specific start time and no specific end time. however we will have a time that each round must be finished by. For example, The first round must be completed in two days. You have the leader of the other team must find a time to do it. We will make a skype group with all of the leaders to go over who is doing what matchup and what the rules are in case of any confusion.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

Thanks!
:)

@Captain Norris @Misha @Box @WowItsCharles

Last edited:

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Question: Is the best of 5 format, 5 rounds of best of 5?

Turf Wars: Best of 5, then Splat Zones: Best of 5, then Tower Control: Best of 5, then Turf Wars: Best of 5, then Splat Zones: Best of 5?
No its just best of five games. So you will only play on five maps at most and three maps at the least.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hi guys!

Thanks for your work thus far. Really looking forward to how this tournament plays out!

We might have a few teams registering later. Is there a deadline for registration?

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Once again thank you everyone for registering! In order to make sure that everything runs smoothly for the tournament, we ask that the leader of each team, @Symph @Icedise @Valkyria @WowItsCharles @iVortex @TheJohnnyBoy720 @Power @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ @flc , to go the link below to make sure that everything is correct on the spreadsheet. all of the information is on the Team Info tab. If anything is incorrect, please reply to this comment so that we can fix them right away.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/105yUtNLSCgM43qFGTBt2vqoicDEmJ7wKzyAAeqse8f4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Hi guys!

Thanks for your work thus far. Really looking forward to how this tournament plays out!

We might have a few teams registering later. Is there a deadline for registration?
We have the deadline set at August 5th 6:00 PM EST, the day before the big august update!

Batboo

Inkling
NNID
MV_Holiday_Guy_1
Once again thank you everyone for registering! In order to make sure that everything runs smoothly for the tournament, we ask that the leader of each team, @Symph @Icedise @Valkyria @WowItsCharles @iVortex @TheJohnnyBoy720 @Power @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ @flc , to go the link below to make sure that everything is correct on the spreadsheet. all of the information is on the Team Info tab. If anything is incorrect, please reply to this comment so that we can fix them right away.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/105yUtNLSCgM43qFGTBt2vqoicDEmJ7wKzyAAeqse8f4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!
Since vortex hasn't replied yet I can confirm everyone for paradox has the correct info

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Alright everyone! We have concurred in the Tournament Committee skype chat and we have found that we are just going to start on this date. There will be no specific start time and no specific end time. however we will have a time that each round must be finished by. For example, The first round must be completed in two days. You have the leader of the other team must find a time to do it. We will make a skype group with all of the leaders to go over who is doing what matchup and what the rules are in case of any confusion.

Thanks!

K so it will not all be happening in a single day. That's great. This means that my squad will probably register fairly soon. Thanks for mentioning me.

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
Hi RoyLee,

I understand that this tournament is separate from the ranking ladder (http://squidboards.com/threads/squidboards-ranking-system-proposal.2633/) and is organized by different people. However, many teams signed up for ladder will also be participating in the tournament, and having a limit of 7 participants in this ladder while having 8 people on a team is causing a lot of conflicts within teams.

Please hear me out. This is the first ever competitive Splatoon event hosted by Squidboards. A very significant event. To be the 1 member left out from competing in this event would make him feel like he doesn't belong on the team. For many people, they would rather join another team and be able to compete, instead of being left out of the very first tournament.

Teams could potentially have worked around that if there was a set time for the tournament (ie 12:00pm EST) as there would likely be at least 1 member who would be absent due to work, etc. However with the 2-day extension, team members feel that there's no excuse for not including them on the tournament list. I know it's impossible to please everyone, and I agree that the 2-day extension is a good idea. I'm just asking you to please consider bumping the tournament limit from 7 to 8 so there won't be anyone left out.

Thank you for your time!

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Hi RoyLee,

I understand that this tournament is separate from the ranking ladder (http://squidboards.com/threads/squidboards-ranking-system-proposal.2633/) and is organized by different people. However, many teams signed up for ladder will also be participating in the tournament, and having a limit of 7 participants in this ladder while having 8 people on a team is causing a lot of conflicts within teams.

Please hear me out. This is the first ever competitive Splatoon event hosted by Squidboards. A very significant event. To be the 1 member left out from competing in this event would make him feel like he doesn't belong on the team. For many people, they would rather join another team and be able to compete, instead of being left out of the very first tournament.

Teams could potentially have worked around that if there was a set time for the tournament (ie 12:00pm EST) as there would likely be at least 1 member who would be absent due to work, etc. However with the 2-day extension, team members feel that there's no excuse for not including them on the tournament list. I know it's impossible to please everyone, and I agree that the 2-day extension is a good idea. I'm just asking you to please consider bumping the tournament limit from 7 to 8 so there won't be anyone left out.

Thank you for your time!
After a long consideration, (by long I mean 5 Skype messages) we have decided to raise the max size of the group to 8.

:D

Power

Inkling Commander
Well i am not the leader of the team, it is mintchipper lol. Ima just direct him to the link
Edit: nvm i will just check it, im here anyways.

Thanks!

Wobz

Inkling
NNID
WobzGames

Thanks!

Very flexible, I like it :D This is just amazing, now no one really has to worry about being busy!
What is the point of wearing a tag if you can't even see the name until splat screen
It makes it much easier to set up teams in private lobbies, and makes it better for spectators to view so they know who is on what squad and such
After a long consideration, (by long I mean 5 Skype messages) we have decided to raise the max size of the group to 8.

:D
Riley, is this tournament going to be ranked on the ladder? I hope so

Protom

Pro Squid
Last edited:

Salveon

Inkling
NNID
Salveon
Team Name: Clipboards
Team Leader: CB Clippy
Skype of team leader: GloomySkyz
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6):
CB Salveon (NNID: Salveon)
CB Meeedic (NNID: EricPlusU)
CB Clippy (NNID: Clipboards)
CB Emerly (NNID: EmerlyNickel)
CB Riku (NNID: Dragonspyred)
CB Alpha (NNID: gloppdarock42)
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): CB
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes (CB Clippy when he plays)
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Probably, will be tested when the update drops.
Main timezone of team: EST

UPDATED POST: Filled out placeholder names, Added Team Tag, Changed Team Name (Originally Meme Team), Added Leader and Skype.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom