Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Well,good thing we ended up with no death in the first night then,I doubt this is simply mafia trying to frame the afk at it or that they simply forgot to vote but whatever. That give us more time to find who's mafia and who's townie ; always good.

That less good is the general inactivity of some of our player,namely @lonelyrollingsquid and @slakingking1, they kinda keep lynch vote while doing nothing. That prevent me to vote for either of them right now is how fishy Thingyman was all-game,notably at how he seem determined to try to get people to lynch me,something finding some weird raison to do so. Now in day 2,he's more busy at defensing itself then getting more potshot at me,but now that he voted in me again...Heh

That I didn't understand too is how he outright called me a scum during the end of the day then I voted for aykorn trying the avoid the no lynch in day 1. I called him out of that when night started (I posted at the same time as the host) and he ignored that I say that...

That and that drez said about him (+ Drez is very likely townie for me considering how much he try to make discussion flow).

So yeah after all that: ##Vote: Thingyman

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Well, I pretty mutch screwed myself with the Day deadline last time because I don't have the same hours than you (GMT+1) and I wans't aware which hour it ended.
It's possible the mafia guys had the same problem.

But they have pm from african american to recall them the deadline.
Either they screwed up their votes, or either they didn't want to kill anyone (which would be illogic).

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
=m= Alright, these aren't very original or insightful, but I'm just going to keep throwing things out there. Aaah this game is more intense than expected.

I think Drez is townie because he's been most aggressive about making lynches count (eeep >.<) and moving the town forward with questioning. Also, I'm sort of inclined to agree with their read of Rom-Stein, about the lack of active mafia hunting.

Oh, in anycase, @Rom-Steïn, this doesn't exactly have to do with the game, but I apologize for nit-picking your language and such. I still think you're sort of suspicious, but... I get the whole "lost in translation" deal. >.> Honestly, that just made me feel like a jerk.

I understand that ReedRGale and I shouldn't default each other as townies, and we certainly don't discuss Mafia outside of this, buuuut no one else has seen reason to suspect him as scum.
I'd be the most biased person about Reed though. I'd say he's town, but I should should keep an open mind anyway.

@xCoCo I'm not really casting suspicion here, but I'm starting to think it's weird xCoCo hasn't posted much? She's been paying enough attention to see that the cycle ended at least.
Also, her avatar is cute! Shhhush

I also agree with the theories that @slakingking1 is probably inactive mafia. If that's the case, would it be worth lynching him now? or just leaving them alone and pressuring someone more active?

._. I really don't know about Boolerex or Thingyman??? They seem to be at each others throats right now. I should read over what they've said. I guess that means Neutral.

Townie: ReedRGale, Drez

Mafia: Slakingking1, Rom-stein

Dunno : Boolerex, Thingyman, xCoCo

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Personnally, I find Slakingking1 suspicious, well he's not the most suspicious one in the thread, but I don't have a good feeling. Don't know if he is ACTUALLY inactive or that he just doesn't post here.
And if he is actually inactive, lyching him just so we can all be active is not a bad idea lol xD

Also, Thingyman talks a lot, I kinda found it suspicious at first, but it's as if he was simply trying to make the others talk so he can analyse them. I think he's just a strategic townie in the end.

Now, speaking about xCoco, if I recall correctly it's his first try of Mafia game. The fact that he's not talking too much might reveal a fear about being discovered, especially after I voted him last Day. For now, I'm definitely considering XCoco as a mafia guy.

Considering Boolerex, I kinda don't know...seems like it's completely neutral...he's pretty good at this game eh ?

Also, I've thought a little and I really think that mafia death didn't occur because there was not enough votes, meaning that some mafia guys were afk (considering that Night is pretty short compared to Day, maybe they weren't expecting this), meaning that the ones we have to doubt the msot would either be the afk ones, and the beginners too.

BUT, we have to keep in mind that we need a majority to lynch...and so each one voting different guys is not a good idea...
I'll think a little more before I vote, but yeah, I'll be likely voting for the one who already has enough votes, so we can actually lynch someone (except if the one getting the most votes is me, that's commonsense <_< ).

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Nah, xCoCo was part of the last Mafia game on this forum. So that makes her at least 1 game more experienced than me. xP
I really don't think she'd be that scared about posting since she's outgoing otherwise, so I agree with her possibly being mafia. If anything would keep her, it would be time or procrastination or something and she clearly posted about the night results.

Also, I guess I'm in the same boat on voting; I think more collaboration is probably smarter? So I'll help vote down the biggest suspicion. I think Slackingking might be an easy person to get out of the way though.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
V/LA?

Anyway, just got home, sorry I'm late. I'll post reads in an hour and a half after I make something to eat and finish responding to all these forum notifications.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Time to walk through this post for post. Hope the spoilers help!

Also, if someone used a target that possibly lead to scum's kill failing, they should talk about it. It'll help us narrow down what actually happened at night, and would prevent us from lynching someone on a faulty theory about what actually happened. Also, consider that scum have more information then town. With no flips at all, we still have no information. I'd rather not rely on the absence of a kill to be the root of our leads today.
With @Drez on this one and hoping from some bone fide information--of course it could all be lies, but a claim would really spice things up and give us a lot to work with.

Uhhh but wouldn't the doctor die next night phase?
Yes, but then there are two people that are confirmed town. Imagine if the doctor was killed tonight, then his action would have been a waste because we won't know who he targeted. With a cop it's different, they should claim on D3, because it's the most optimal. Anyway, if the doctor protected someone, and they are about to be lynched, THEY HAVE TO CLAIM that they are innocent. Don't be a jerk and let them die.
Yeah, let's just look at the total number of people: Nine. If we can clear 2/9 then if mafia wants to be efficient and make the most of their kills, they take out those that have been revealed or are threats. So yeah, xCoco, you are right. It is in Mafia's best interests to kill those that they know are power players--but if there's a doc, they've got a good idea of who to protect.

the game runs deep

Or, the doctor can crumb their target. I think a good idea is for everyone to give their top two town reads, and the doctor can put their protect in one of them. Just have to be smart about it.
That's smart and I'll keep that in mind for all games that I get power roles--I'd never considered a passive reveal which I can see has advantages and benefits. Anyway, useful advice for us newbs.

If there is no discussion, the town becomes dead and it'll be easier for scum to hide. Then town will be all confused "Who do we kill???" "I don't know"
What do you think about oversaturation? So, just looking at this from a simple perspective, I'd say the more information that there is, the more that there is to work with for more experienced players (Drez, Thingy) and those more willing to sift through the words (Rom-Stien, Me) but...

I feel that the large amount of information is also stifling for much of the rest of the group. That's actually why I've started speaking in spoilers so as to collect my information into useful pools for the less experienced (and even for the more experienced) to find and reread with ease.

That said, I feel like you might understand this and also might be using it as scum and I'm going to say that I'm leaning null on you. Because on one hand, my gut says you're right: more information is a very good thing to have. But on the other, your actions might be playing the meta (because I mean, I'm giving you credit to be smart enough) and you're trying to stifle or overwhelm the other players.

But... my gut says you aren't. And I trust my gut. But at the same time, my head says that you might. So I have to consider the possibility.

Let's talk about Thingyman.

His call out on Platy.

Thingy picking out a post to call Platy scum for. The legitimate observation is that he wasn't able to due to IRL, yet he picked this post that states he loves mafia, therefore not posting = he isn't town. This wasn't really reading Platypus at all but more trying to set him up with semi-serious reasoning.

This was after I asked Thingy his thoughts on Boo, who he had not actually commented on. A simple no reason vote. To me this seems like an attempt to make up for not assessing Boolerex before I did. It shows Thingy wasn't really being proactive, but reactive.
This is interesting considering his last game. He was legitimately excited to be playing and kept posting as often as he could to mislead and redirect in general. You were there to watch his clever play in the Quicktopic, Drez. I seriously consider that his style of play is always going to include lots of information and directing to seek out scum and appear not mafia as such.

That said, I honestly want to believe that he is seriously busy in real life.

But...

That doesn't clear him for being mafia either. Just that he's busy. It does clear up the "not posting" equating "not town." I think that your current reasoning for Bool and his vote is sound. I'm glad to have you on my side in the whole "analyzing everything Thingy does" train.

For now, I'm going to cast my vote his way because I agree that Thingy is acting weird. Speaking of which...

3) I didn't see your read on Boo as a good one and mark you as townie for it. When you asked, I didn't know about Boo. I reread him this game and last game, inspired by you asking about my experience with him from last game, and I reached the conclusion that he was fishy. I then voted him, but decided to do it without explanation because what the hell, maybe that's another good way to get a reaction from him. I've played 100+ games, do you think that I am incapable of making up reasoning if I needed to as a mafia? Which is more likely to you -- that I felt like I couldn't say anything as mafia, or that I was doing it purposely as town? If anything, you should take a look at my last game -- pretty sure you'll find that I over-explain all of my reads in that game. Townies usually don't care so much about explaining themselves, they're just working to find scum however they deem best.
This post got my attention. How could you misread him last game Thingy? We were both mafia??? Like, we KNEW he was town!?!?!

I dunno... this whole third reason for voting Boo is just... weak. And all over the place. I mean, I get the later part of prodding him and getting his attention; I get that the LenC posts show that it's a legitimate tactic--though I'll admit, I didn't read much--but that doesn't mean that's what you're doing with now.

Maybe it's just me being paranoid of the things you can do but...

Gawds I will just have to trust my gut and what I feel is shakey logic on this one... :l

I also dislike his town read on Rom, when Rom is not doing a thing D1 nor D2. I have also been re-reading Rom, and noticed he rvs voted Coco, while Reed's vote was on Coco. His attitude was "Not sure if it's a good thing though xP", a bit jokey. Too jokey for me. I would not consider Rom town simply for his weird comments, because he isn't doing anything. Also notice that when Aykorn pushed for him, he didn't say anything about her, he just said "Oh what I said wasn't contradictory". Shows he doesn't care to find scum, and he's comfortable in the position he is at.
To Drez's post, yeah, this caught my eye too; he kinda jumped on my bandwagon. Now I'm going to take it as I did before still: that he was pressuring xCoco to speak because i wanted to RVS and get someone to speak at the time. But his reluctance is also intriguing.

Rereading the post, it was rather ambiguous.

@Rom-Steïn When you said:

Yeah, you're number one, not sure it's a good thing though xD
Did you mean xCoco being number one? Or your vote being a bad vote? What are your thoughts on Drez's accusations that you're not being townie because of your actions? Why do you avoid answering questions directly?

@Drez Do you think he was advised by his partner and he took the advice but with reluctance? That would support your theory for Thingy and him. Unless you're mafia and trying to incriminate them both. But I mean, why would you outright state that? xD

Also, consider the perspective I provided in the questions above--do you think it was just part of the jokey vote? Further, do you think evading questions is something only a mafia would do? Are there reasons town would wnat to hide information? (those are more general questions, but i'm curious nonetheless)

Well, I pretty mutch screwed myself with the Day deadline last time because I don't have the same hours than you (GMT+1) and I wans't aware which hour it ended.
It's possible the mafia guys had the same problem.
Hmm...

Well, if this is really the case, I don't really have much to say but try to figure a way to be up on the voting day and see what everyone thinks.

Also @African American what IS your timezone? Did I miss it somewhere?

Re-considering my read on Aykorn. I still liked her effort, and would like for her to post more, as my problem with her was her silence and her weak reasoning. Still, this does not mean she is scum for it. Re-considering other players, I don't think she may be likely scum anymore.
I get this logic, but could you or anyone else present logical evidence that might put her either way? As far as I see it:

Arguments for Town:
Attempting to root out mafia
Pointing out accusations and following through on them
Personal bias and instinct on town (weak evidence)

Arguments for Mafia:
Weak logic (though weak evidence as well)
Possibly jumping the gun on accusations

Any other thoughts? I mean, I tend to agree with her reads on people--despite my oversaturation post I do think Drez is probably... probably town. Probably. Rom is still null/mafia in my book, though Drez's argument might push me into full mafia, but I wanna see the rest of that.

Various reads here: xCoco seems to be busy, but at the same time, I dunno.. she doesn't seem the same as last game. From town to null in my book and I'm watching her a bit more closely.

Bool seems null but should be more clear if Thingy is mafia because he blatantly stated when he started playing mafia with me that he doesn't believe in bussing people (but is fine with being bussed). Unless he's making an exception this game for being busy.

Drez seems null/town for me because I see all the action he's making but still am hanging a bit on that saturation argument.

Slaking is null/scum for inactivity and first posts.

Lonely is null for being inactive but just uninterested.

So:

Leaning Scum: Thingy, Rom, Slaking
Leaning Town: Aykorn, Drez
Null: Bool, xCoco, Lonely

##Vote: Thingyman

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
REeeeeeeed, the spoilers, ahhh everything is so neat and tidy, I love it. So much.

....Yeah, that's all I have to say for the moment, will come back to this.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
On passive reveal: It's a strategy called 'hypo-copping', everyone states a cop target they would have used if they were the cop, and the real cop puts in their real target. The only thing about that is no one will know who is the cop out of all of them. It is a useful strategy. Sometimes people crumb, encoding their target into their own sentences. Of course crumbing might be harder to do and I suggest to leave that off for future games.

---

On over saturation: I think more discussion is always pro-town, but I can understand your point of view. Flooding of information can be anti-town, but I do not think it is pro-scum. This is because if there is plenty of information, the scum have to continue to talk and the more chances to talk, the more chances to slip up. Scum have to keep up appearances, and that is not easy. Usually, this is null because both alignments post just as much as each other (and mafia would try to keep up if they want to keep appearances up) Each town there is always a different thing the town will try to do and the scum must adapt. Also, the posts I have given is not considered 'flooding' in comparison to serious games I have had. I will show you two examples from a recent game I was town in:

Catch up notes in Genesis Mafia
Case on my biggest suspect

(Those possibly started the snowball effect of walls, but sometimes with a large case, that will happen because people will respond. Then realize, that the scum were split between inactive and active.) Anyway, if you want to consider the angle of mafia trying to do that to mislead town, you'd have to consider that they would be saying alot and you'd have to see if they really believe in their suspect or are trying to fake things. You should look for that in my own words, and you should look for things as being fine with pushing in any direction, rather then being selective. (Because mafia do not want to bus their own partners, so if they have to push/talk about that certain player, the conversation might be awkward, and a townie would not be this awkward because he is most likely, alone and looking for scum blindly, therefore he has no baggage to drag him down.

Finally, I want to mention that the town being dead, lead to the town being unorganized, and lead to no one even being around for deadline. The more talking there is the more involved people are, and possibly the more of a chance of people caring about deadline.

---

On Romstein: Do I think he was advised to vote? Possibly, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility he voted Coco of his own admission, because he knows his win condition and can try to target players himself, even though he seems to be confused about forum mafia in general. This comes from experience being mafia before with partners who do weird things and make me cringe.

On Aykorn: At first look, it seemed like she may had been painting Rom in a bad light with weak logic, and then jumping to a conclusion without analyzing it in depth. I'd say slight town but she's one that people should keep an eye on. Also this is only something she can really explain herself. She stated she was tired and exhausted, to justify her looking at a contradiction that wasn't there. You yourself said that she's not a good liar, so her reads should help to show you if what she is saying is genuine or not.

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
@ReedRGale When I said "Yeah, you're number one, not sure if that's a good thing though", it was just an ironic joke.
That's when I voted xCoco the 1st day because he was the first on the players list (and you can verify it <_<), and he replied "atleast I'm first", and so I did this joke.
You can't use that as an argument, I just like to tell jokes and troll and all.
And btw, I was not following you about voting xCoco, I don't even remember voting after you, as I said I voted him only because I didn't know who to vote on 1st Day and I simply took the first name on the list (and the reasons were explained on my previous post before the 1st Night).

And everyone already thinking that I'm a mafia guy. Okay whatever. Don't forget to vote, might cost your life.

As I already said, I intend to vote with the majority this time (except if the majority is voting me), but just in case I know who to vote this time.

Btw, I agree with ReedRGale, can you tell us your timezone @African American ? Might be useful so we can synchronize, since Squidboard give each person the choice of their own timezone. Thanks, and sorry for the inconveniance.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Thingy, I'm going to be looking into your defense shortly. I also want you to think about the no night kill, you haven't spoken about it. I have more thoughts to release but I'm going to take a shower and get ready for church.

Reed, I want you to look at his defense closely to see if it makes any sense and report back to me your thoughts.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Rom-stein, you have yet to comment on me. You have stated Thingyman is townie for talking, yet you have not said anything about me. What is your opinion about me? Going to shower.

Thingyman

Inkling
=m= Alright, these aren't very original or insightful, but I'm just going to keep throwing things out there. Aaah this game is more intense than expected.

I think Drez is townie because he's been most aggressive about making lynches count (eeep >.<) and moving the town forward with questioning. Also, I'm sort of inclined to agree with their read of Rom-Stein, about the lack of active mafia hunting.

Oh, in anycase, @Rom-Steïn, this doesn't exactly have to do with the game, but I apologize for nit-picking your language and such. I still think you're sort of suspicious, but... I get the whole "lost in translation" deal. >.> Honestly, that just made me feel like a jerk.

I understand that ReedRGale and I shouldn't default each other as townies, and we certainly don't discuss Mafia outside of this, buuuut no one else has seen reason to suspect him as scum.
I'd be the most biased person about Reed though. I'd say he's town, but I should should keep an open mind anyway.

@xCoCo I'm not really casting suspicion here, but I'm starting to think it's weird xCoCo hasn't posted much? She's been paying enough attention to see that the cycle ended at least.
Also, her avatar is cute! Shhhush

I also agree with the theories that @slakingking1 is probably inactive mafia. If that's the case, would it be worth lynching him now? or just leaving them alone and pressuring someone more active?

._. I really don't know about Boolerex or Thingyman??? They seem to be at each others throats right now. I should read over what they've said. I guess that means Neutral.

Townie: ReedRGale, Drez

Mafia: Slakingking1, Rom-stein

Dunno : Boolerex, Thingyman, xCoCo
Hmm... Okay, I think it's a good thing we didn't lynch Aykorn yesterday. Leaning ever so slightly towards townie now. I sort of like the way that he talks about Reed here. Seems pure, hard to explain.

This is interesting considering his last game. He was legitimately excited to be playing and kept posting as often as he could to mislead and redirect in general. You were there to watch his clever play in the Quicktopic, Drez. I seriously consider that his style of play is always going to include lots of information and directing to seek out scum and appear not mafia as such.

That said, I honestly want to believe that he is seriously busy in real life.

But...

That doesn't clear him for being mafia either. Just that he's busy. It does clear up the "not posting" equating "not town." I think that your current reasoning for Bool and his vote is sound. I'm glad to have you on my side in the whole "analyzing everything Thingy does" train.

For now, I'm going to cast my vote his way because I agree that Thingy is acting weird. Speaking of which...

This post got my attention. How could you misread him last game Thingy? We were both mafia??? Like, we KNEW he was town!?!?!

I dunno... this whole third reason for voting Boo is just... weak. And all over the place. I mean, I get the later part of prodding him and getting his attention; I get that the LenC posts show that it's a legitimate tactic--though I'll admit, I didn't read much--but that doesn't mean that's what you're doing with now.

Maybe it's just me being paranoid of the things you can do but...

Gawds I will just have to trust my gut and what I feel is shakey logic on this one... :l
This is ridicolous... But I guess ridicolous in a townie way? Reed - yes, I know, I was scum... But why is this suspicious in any case? What I'm saying is that I killed him because I could sense that he was objectively being obvious townie - everyone in the game considered him townie in a matter of hours. I didn't need to be townie to know this and to know that that's not the case here.

Boo was very logical, confident and his reads were easy to follow. Whenever I'm reading Boo's posts in this game, they seem sort of all over the place and messy. It seems like he's scum having a hard time wording his posts. I might be wrong, but I have to go with my best read, so c'est la vie.

Reed... I think you'll be best off just ignoring me for at least this day and wait until maybe Boo flips or something. There's a good chance I'll be cleared by then.

Thingyman

Inkling
Thingy, I'm going to be looking into your defense shortly. I also want you to think about the no night kill, you haven't spoken about it. I have more thoughts to release but I'm going to take a shower and get ready for church.

Reed, I want you to look at his defense closely to see if it makes any sense and report back to me your thoughts.
I think it's anti town for everyone to be talking about this. That's all I have to say on the matter.

also, if you look on basically every place that i use a time stamp, including the deadline, it has the letters "EST" at the end. that isnt the suffix "-est," as in like "the most 11:59 PM on August 26th," that's a symbol that i live in Eastern Standard

Last edited:

Rom-Steïn

Inkling
NNID
Rom1livebox
Rom-stein, you have yet to comment on me. You have stated Thingyman is townie for talking, yet you have not said anything about me. What is your opinion about me? Going to shower.
I have yet to comment on you because I didn't want to. Does it answer your question ?
Aha, that' a joke. Actually, you're the one I can't really think of something. Can't say yet if you might be a townie or a mafia guy, furthermore no one has shown any intention to vote you or doubt you, which I find weird. I'm staying carefully far from you, got a bad feeling.

Thingyman

Inkling
I have yet to comment on you because I didn't want to. Does it answer your question ?
Aha, that' a joke. Actually, you're the one I can't really think of something. Can't say yet if you might be a townie or a mafia guy, furthermore no one has shown any intention to vote you or doubt you, which I find weird. I'm staying carefully far from you, got a bad feeling.
Further town points for Rom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom