• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My personal 'rule of thumb' tier list

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
I'm a rank C+(i think), WAS a B until derpness happened. I would just like to say, I main the Inkbrush, and I disagree with your ranking of it. While it is a very hard to use weapon, especially in ranked, you CAN do very well with it if you know how to use it properly. There's been several times where I have practically carried my team in Ranked or have just gone on Splat rampages to give my team time to ink the Zone, with the Inkbrush. On the right maps, it's a force to be reckoned with. You just gotta have a good strategy for the map, and the skill to pull it off. A weapon is only as good as the one using it.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
I'm a rank C+(i think), WAS a B until derpness happened. I would just like to say, I main the Inkbrush, and I disagree with your ranking of it. While it is a very hard to use weapon, especially in ranked, you CAN do very well with it if you know how to use it properly. There's been several times where I have practically carried my team in Ranked or have just gone on Splat rampages to give my team time to ink the Zone, with the Inkbrush. On the right maps, it's a force to be reckoned with. You just gotta have a good strategy for the map, and the skill to pull it off. A weapon is only as good as the one using it.
You're stuck in C+ and main Inkbrush. I think that speaks for itself.

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
You're stuck in C+ and main Inkbrush. I think that speaks for itself.
I like how you automatically assume I'm stuck at C+. I'm not stuck. I just don't play ranked very much, because I always seem to get stuck with sucky teams who play like they're 6 year olds. No matter the weapon I'm using, I can only do so much to carry.

Senpai

Inkster Jr.
NNID
luigi8623
Well I'm Level 20 A+ 99 aswell and almost all I use is the inkbrush and rapid blaster. I personally disagree. I also rarely die from any rollers due to the fact that I know how to deal with them.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Well I'm Level 20 A+ 99 aswell and almost all I use is the inkbrush and rapid blaster. I personally disagree. I also rarely die from any rollers due to the fact that I know how to deal with them.
Tell me how you managed to get A+ with a inkbrush ; I know someone that barely need those tips.

(Not that surprised for the rapid blaster trough ; that thing is actually not that bad as most people think.)

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Inkbrush is highly underrated. They are too quick to be put at lowest. In the right hands Inkbrushes are absolute monsters. Kind of like Greninja in smash.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Inkbrush is highly underrated. They are too quick to be put at lowest. In the right hands Inkbrushes are absolute monsters. Kind of like Greninja in smash.
I can clearly see the inkbrush as a nice support weapon for both splatzone and turf wars ; something that can work once the team playlist is up but using in in ranked mode as for now is kinda a gamble.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
I was gonna scream but then I saw that this is for Splato Zones only. Still, I think you don't give inkbrush enough credit. It can be used very well in Splat Zones. I also think that the Aerosprays can be moves up a bit. You're also missing the new weapons we just got. I might make my own list with the new weapons.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
The Inkbrush that we have now is terribad and pretty much outlives its usefulness after helping the team get to the zone at the start of a match. However, there is still hope in the future Inkbrushes yet to be released.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
The Inkbrush that we have now is terribad and pretty much outlives its usefulness after helping the team get to the zone at the start of a match. However, there is still hope in the future Inkbrushes yet to be released.
Inkbrush is great for distracting the enemy, sneaking behind and coving their areas so they have a harder time getting to the splat zone, and using the sprinkler to cover the splat zone. It also works better on some maps more than others.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
People can do well with a bad weapon, that doesn't mean the weapon is good.
Considering it's virtually in a class of its own how is it 'bad'? Id honestly like to know. From what I see it is one of the best ink spreading weapons in the game imo while also being able to build up special meter at a ridiculous rate and in the hands of someone who knows how to use it, it can kill just as quickly as any other automatic gun given the person playing has a good trigger finger. It is also one of the more versatile weapons in the game because of its speed and it can allow for a couple of different play styles. If its a matter of "just use a gun, youll get better results" I am not the best at aiming haha so I try to stay away from guns in general. I mained it since it came out and since that day Ive heard almost only negative things about it and I never understood why. I see some people do completely fine with it and I even made it to A rank using the Ink Brush alone. Im not saying it's 'top tier' or anything but it definitely is underrated especially considering that it has great movement options and will soon have bubbler which gives it even more movement options and given how fast it is, you can protect your whole squad by passing your bubble off faster than other guns with bubbler or leading your squad into a massive ambush with all of them protected...Kinda turns the person using the ink brush into a healer in a sense, though that is for a later brush granted the leak holds true.

People are definitely entitled to their opinions but I kinda want to know why it's "bad" especially considering everything positive I just said about it. If it is only about range then I dont see why that would cut this weapons viability down so low especially considering how people love the Carbon Roller, which has the same exact range with slightly smaller horizontal area coverage.

Haha sorry guys, didnt mean to give a wallotext or make this sound like a rant post, I honestly just wanna know so maybe I could figure out a way to mitigate whatever weakness bogs down the Brush.

I kinda feel like a huge part of the reason people may be so against it is because they expected it to be basically a stupidly fast roller that can OHKO everything by running into it once and swiping once with the range and fire power of the regular roller... but that would be broken.... Correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

Senpai

Inkster Jr.
NNID
luigi8623
Tell me how you managed to get A+ with a inkbrush ; I know someone that barely need those tips.

(Not that surprised for the rapid blaster trough ; that thing is actually not that bad as most people think.)
(This works well against rollers especially) The Inkbrush is deadly quick, I just strafe or run circles around my opponents. And I play alot...

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
That just means everybody else who isn't that person is using the weapon wrong. A weapon is only as good as the person who is using it.
People can do well with a bad weapon, that doesn't mean the weapon is good.

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
That just means everybody else who isn't that person is using the weapon wrong. A weapon is only as good as the person who is using it.
Thank you for quoting me there. xD I said something similar earlier.

Anyway, everyone needs to calm down about the roller. All the hate is crazy. Every weapon is good in the right hands. Can't we agree on that, atleast?

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Thank you for quoting me there. xD I said something similar earlier.

Anyway, everyone needs to calm down about the roller. All the hate is crazy. Every weapon is good in the right hands. Can't we agree on that, atleast?
oh sorry. I didn't know. ;(

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Kind of wish there was a section under 'Competitive Discussion' for A+ 99 only so that I wouldn't have to go through all these C and B rank opinions to get some actual discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom