Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
The octoling softlock bug is somewhat fixed in 2.2.0, the plaza just ignores players with gender id set to 2, and when joining a online game, the id gets set to 1(girl).
Not exactly what I wanted :/
This is good for players not in the know about the hidden content.

Also, this might be preemptive to the octoling option being well, "optional DLC." AKA, paid DLC.

NNID
namine753
I shall still believe

This is good for players not in the know about the hidden content.

Also, this might be preemptive to the octoling option being well, "optional DLC." AKA, paid DLC.
Paid DLC seems very likely at this point. Also, gotta give Nikki and others more time to data mine, the happenings certainly aren't over yet.

Sunstone

NNID
Paleamethyst
They can get away with overpricing it because they know the devotion of Smash fans borders on religious fanaticism.
The prices are also pretty even with other fighting game franchises, so Nintendo just started at the average.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
The prices are also pretty even with other fighting game franchises, so Nintendo just started at the average.
Killer Instinct's model puts other fighters to shame, including Smash.
DOA's done something similar with 5, but there's tons of dlc that might cost more in the long run. If you're good with four fighters, and no story mode, i recommend downloading it for a decent free fighter.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
DOA... yeah, I'd rather stop playing games altogether than play that. :D But thanks for the recommendation, lol. I am already waiting for Killer Instinct (PC) and Them's Fightin' Herds anyways.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
DOA... yeah, I'd rather stop playing games altogether than play that. :D But thanks for the recommendation, lol. I am already waiting for Killer Instinct (PC) and Them's Fightin' Herds anyways.
never said i liked it, myself. just said it was a decent free fighter :p

I'm a fan of KOF 13 myself. just picked up skullgirls, too.

Sunstone

NNID
Paleamethyst
I used to be a beast at DoA Dimensions, only for the next game to drop and make me realize how hilarious the overt sexualization actually was when a sweat mechanic was added.

ANYWAY OCTOLINGS ARE GREAT HUH?

Actually when Inklings hit smash, I hope we get something akin to what was done with Robin and we get Inkling boy, girl, AND Octoling skins.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I used to be a beast at DoA Dimensions, only for the next game to drop and make me realize how hilarious the overt sexualization actually was when a sweat mechanic was added.

ANYWAY OCTOLINGS ARE GREAT HUH?

Actually when Inklings hit smash, I hope we get something akin to what was done with Robin and we get Inkling boy, girl, AND Octoling skins.
thanks for pullin' it in. been getting into those games lately.

that would be really cool, and very possible.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Don't forget the Callie/Marie skins
They would likely be trophies, considering what they did for Ken when they added Ryu into the game. He got a trophy.

I wonder if Nintendo is having a good time making us all sweat like this. I can just imagine everyone at the Treehouse giggling with delight as we all smash open each other's skulls and feast on the goo inside

NNID
namine753

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I don't care about your copy/paste octolings (with different hair than Inklings) give me the FULL TENTACLE body male octolings!!

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
If they can do it with Robin and especially Bowser Jr, they can easily do all of that with inklings.
Bowser Jr. has nothing but the Koopalings as his alts. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the entire reason he got the spot at all. With Nintendo going on a nostalgia trip recently.

A small part of me does want Octolings as alts of the Inklings, just for variety's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom