Octoling Hype Thread (prev. Assets in SplatNet)

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Lmao. In before kraken final smash.

The octosniper talk has me wondering if we'll see more Octo style weaponry. Since we've had Sloshers and Splatlings weapon classes added, it would be sweet to have some Octo themed variants of them to standnext to the Hero replicas of the original 3.

I kinda expected the designers to head that direction after the Octobrush was released.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
DOA's done something similar with 5, but there's tons of dlc that might cost more in the long run. If you're good with four fighters, and no story mode, i recommend downloading it for a decent free fighter.
Yeah, that DLC consisting of Halloween costumes is US$93. And you know DOA fans will eat it up.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
*Sighs* Once again I'm not trying to make everyone give up hope (maybe I am ... I don't know) but Nintendo has decided to go with more previews and press releases for their future games.

Last edited:

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
*Sighs* Once again I'm not trying to make everyone give up hope (maybe I am ... I don't know) but Nintendo has decided to go with more previews and press releases for their future games.
They usually do that with already-announced games that aren't high profile. I mean, the new Mario Tennis hasn't really been pushed much by Nintendo... like at E3 it was kind of a passing "by the way, this game is happening. NEXT GAME."

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria

No offense to Nintendo, but I'd hardly call the New Mario Tennis hype inducing. It looks to have a rather small roster of 16 characters that's in every Mario Tennis game (+Rosalina and possibly one or two more), and I haven't seen a course that doesn't look like it's in some sort of stadium. Not only that, it looks like it has almost no content. I guess it looks nice? Not worth the $40/$60 for it. I'll be buying Yoshi's Wooly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X for the holiday season. At least I know they'll last a long time.

I'm extremely hopeful for the Splatoon update/DLC because It's far more hype inducing at this point. A new race/character (especially with people knowing who it is) for this game would make people far excited than another dime a dozen Mario spinoff game. And this is coming from a major Mario fan.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
No offense to Nintendo, but I'd hardly call the New Mario Tennis hype inducing. It looks to have a rather small roster of 16 characters that's in every Mario Tennis game (+Rosalina and possibly one or two more), and I haven't seen a course that doesn't look like it's in some sort of stadium. Not only that, it looks like it has almost no content. I guess it looks nice? Not worth the $40/$60 for it.
what's worse is being slightly interested in it after it releases in th used market, only for it to still be $35, for almost no replayability or deep content. you know how much i payed for a mario sports game, just because it was a mario sports game?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I think this is a little off topic.

Post those in the General Discussions thread.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I think this is a little off topic.

Post those in the General Discussions thread.
I'm sorry. I went off topic there, I do apologize.

I'm really hopeful we get Octoling news tomorrow. Or else I'd have to wait through Saturday and Sunday and hope for next week too. And next week is the last week of October. If it's not then, then I'll hold my hype a little in November.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I kind of wish Nikki would release the animations, so we can see if they're distinct from the inklings or not. i'm kind of curious.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Yeah didn't mean to derail the thread by any means. It's just Nintendo has been so quiet lately that I'm starting to get worried about them. My previous post will be the last one having to do with something that is not Splatoon. I apologize for that.

fakecake

Inkster Jr.
I kind of wish Nikki would release the animations, so we can see if they're distinct from the inklings or not. i'm kind of curious.
I could give you the raw files, but you couldn't do anything with them, and that's the problem. There are mostly no public converters for proprietary Nintendo formats, so you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

NNID
namine753
So basically, we know the files are new animations, but have no method of viewing them?
that's exactly what we're stuck with right now. If nintendo is keeping up their frankly terrible habit of making splatfests on Holidays, then in about 8 days there will be a splatfest, and maybe before that there will be something relating to Octolings. A hypothetical halloween splatfest would be on next Saturday, and the day before that for the weekly weapon, maybe instead we will get Octolings or just an "octo weapon", not like Octostomp, Octomaw, Octonozzle, and Octowhirl, but like the Octoshot replica and Octobrush. An Octosplatling, an octoroller. That'd be neat.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It was 3 months until the 2.0 update, so I expect a similar timeframe for 3.0, thus it'll hopefully drop in November. The 2.2 update pretty much confirms no 3.0 this month since they woulda just combined them.

Geistbox

Full Squid
Apropos nothing, does anyone find it a little suspicious that we haven't gotten any weapon or content update this weekend? I don't think Nintendo has ever skipped out on one and we'd usually get an announcement by now.

The more time goes on the more it feels like there should have been a Direct from Nintendo detailing content going onward.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Apropos nothing, does anyone find it a little suspicious that we haven't gotten any weapon or content update this weekend? I don't think Nintendo has ever skipped out on one and we'd usually get an announcement by now.

The more time goes on the more it feels like there should have been a Direct from Nintendo detailing content going onward.
Yeah I noticed as well. The more quiet Nintendo gets the more I'm worried how much the company has changed when it comes to communicating with their fans.

Of course they could announce the new weapon any time now but we'll have to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom