• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Piranha Pit

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Ye the middle will be tweaked yes Splatoon of Twitter #japan is sexy

The overhead layout is quite intriguing and yes it is going to be my favorite map hopefully

Splatnet has confirmed it on my iPad and also the Na just had there Splatfest so it's EUs turn
image.png
image.jpg

PolygonGeorge

Inkster Jr.
Ye the middle will be tweaked yes Splatoon of Twitter #japan is sexy

The overhead layout is quite intriguing and yes it is going to be my favorite map hopefully

Splatnet has confirmed it on my iPad and also the Na just had there Splatfest so it's EUs turn View attachment 2523View attachment 2524
Really can't wait to play this.

Dude, be careful! You've only got 21% before your Squidboards access gets cut off... No body needs that. No body.

Ninwaifu

Inkling
NNID
Ninwaifu
Woo!! It only toke me 2 matches of Blackbelly Skatepark to play it on Turf Wars. First impressions are good. I like the convarier belts, and the map looks difrent from the others. The 2 side conors of the mapf eel out of the way. I kept forgeting to cover that area.

VibraKnife

Inkling
NNID
vibraknife
2 games on the map so far, 2 wins. Just a warning, Rollers are really good.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I WANNA PLAY IT SO BAD, But my brother took the Wii U to our cousin's house and he's there until 2 am UGH! I'LL BE ASLEEP!
Play it for me everyone and enjoy it!!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I noticed off to the sides of the map are barbecue grills (or something like those) that you can jump on. And so this pic came about:

The map itself is pretty decent and huge, though the distance between spawns was surprisingly short. In essence, the map feels like Blackbelly if it exploded to the sides. I just hope they know where to put the Rainmaker-free zones when we get to that point.

Also, the conveyor belts make for an interesting dynamic. You can just barely run against them-- in fact it's just better to swim the "wrong way" through--but there's definitely a boost in speed if you go through them the way they're going. It's especially helpful with the central conveyor ramps; if you jump just before falling off, you can get some good air-time and land on the opposite platform, surprising any foes who didn't see you coming. I haven't used any weapons with bombs when I first played but I want to do so and pull off a Bomb Rush on them next time; it looks fun and effective, especially with a Splash-O-Matic.

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
Does anyone know how the conveyor belts work with respect to ink on them? Do they count towards the score at the end? Does the belt going underneath wipe the ink completely or does it "remember"?

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Does anyone know how the conveyor belts work with respect to ink on them? Do they count towards the score at the end? Does the belt going underneath wipe the ink completely or does it "remember"?
The belts still carry the ink with them, but I'm pretty sure they stop when time is called so that Judd can assess extremely close matches.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
So after a quick look, seems the ink on the conveyor belt remains consistent at all times. As in once a blot of ink feeds into the receiving end of the conveyor belt it almost immediately gets spat out from the other side. Goes against the laws of matter but does make sure the final score total isn't swayed by the conveyor belt's orientation. Or at least not by a significant amount.

Silentium

Senior Squid
This has quickly become one of my favorite maps. There's plenty of space to run around, a decent amount of areas to run and hide in, and the convayer belts add something new that can be situationally favorable or detrimental. Just don't forget about the sides of the maps if you're on turf wars.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
i'm loving it so far. though i do sometimes feel blasters have somewhat of an advantage here. i don't know i feel like they're more annoying here compared to other maps, but that could just be me.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Personally I love this map I haven't played it as it was released 2am where I am and it's 7:00 as I'm typing
I feel like the map is different to all the others yet still feels like Splatoon in all honesty when I first played hammerhead bridge I felt it was too simple underdesigned and crowded and it felt more like SEGA than Nintendo I kinda felt like the maps were losing purpose when museum came my hopes were restored and the mahi mahi

I LOATH MAHI MAHI it's easily my most hated maps it's too frantic and I just can't be bothered with it

But this Map.. This map seems like it's got advantages for every player. There are a couple small corridors for people who are good in close quarter combat and there's also open areas for long ranged weapons (not chargers) sloshers splatling tantataek splattershot

But there's also high spots for the Chargers but what really sets aside the rest is the positioning of spawn points the fact that spawn points are adjacent from the center is wierd but then you have ways of going to the side to big open areas I believe that's where the tower will head. Blasters are OP. Rollers however have almost no chance

My personal favorite bit so many places to corner people yaay

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
The tower control route is boring it literally goes from the middle which is a couple of meters from your spawn and then goes down 1 conveyor belt and then 5 secs worth of corridor and boom knockout it's reaalllyyyy booorriingngng mode for pirahna

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
So has anyone figured out yet how the conveyer belt ink is calculated in turf wars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom