• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Piranha Pit

Scientisimo

Inkling
NNID
EvilestScientist
So this map is super interesting to me so far. The tower route on Tower Control is really interesting, I like how the tower goes towards your base to begin with then round the diagonal conveyor belts in the middle of the map. Splat Zones on this map is crazy so far. Dynamo roller is definitely an amazing weapon on this map and mode combination and there were an abundance of them in the first Splat Zones rotation. The area to be the left of the zone in front of the team base seems really crucial to keep control of in order to win. Also, going against the conveyor belts is a death sentence in the presence of a competent player and I keep forgetting that :( If only Urchin Underpass didn't come up SO DAMN OFTEN IN THE FIRST ROTATION FFS!!!!! Haven't played Rainmaker on this map yet but it feels like it's going to be hectic.

Last edited by a moderator:

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
lol to this map in ranked...... its a big map that is basically all played in the center and the lag due to the ammount of chaos going on is kind of funny, i played for a few hours today and it seemed like the rollers really has an advantage so far.....

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I've got a major feeling that's gonna end up fixed I think there will be lots of glitches on this map
That's not a glitch. And it doesn't really need fixing, conveyer belts aren't that big anyways so it's not like they count towards a lot in turf war.

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
It's still hilarious that a Splash Wall of all things can ink such a good-sized portion of ground.

I think turf war will require players keep tabs on the map to make sure the enemy isn't inking the sides while everyone else is skirmishing in the middle. There's quite a lot of ground there. There's also an interesting little nook close to spawn that looks like an amazing place to hide a Beakon.

Rainmaker freezes some of the conveyor belts in place, reverses some others, moves the spawn, and blocks off most of the current spawn area. It's almost a completely different map. Knockout pedestals are on either side, near the grills. The Rainmaker itself starts on top of the narrow wall in the middle; it's low enough to jump to from the upper half of the conveyors, but I doubt you can get away with shooting it point blank.

Zolda

Full Squid
Not sure exactly what I think about this map so far, but unfortunately I'm leaning towards disliking it. Those huge side areas seem pointless. In TW you have to ink them obviously because they're so big, but there's nothing really down there so it feels like you're just wasting time while the real fighting goes on everywhere else.

SZ I really didn't like. It feels similar to Port Mackerel where the zones are just too far apart from each other. It also seems like if one team gets quick control of their zone and can keep the fighting focused around the opponent zone, it's very easy to essentially lock the opponent team around their own base area and prevent them from being able to fight back. Despite the openness of the map there isn't really a good way to sneak out of your base and pull the fighting away from your zone, which is another unfortunate similarity it has with Port Mackerel.

Haven't had a chance to play TC or RM yet but I think RM has potential to be pretty cool. Overall though I'm not feeling too positively towards this map.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
So has anyone figured out yet how the conveyer belt ink is calculated in turf wars?
Yes the conveyor belts aren't double sided which is wierd if you ink a tiny bit of the conveyor belt as soon as it reaches the end it will appear ath the beginning immediately

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
That's not a glitch. And it doesn't really need fixing, conveyer belts aren't that big anyways so it's not like they count towards a lot in turf war.
When I typed that I had no idea how big or how many conveyors there were I didn't think that was a glitch in any way I was saying a lot of glitches will probably be found due to that being the case on most new maps

Rainmaker is annoying pirahna pit is props my most hated map but that's always the case it happened with kelp port moray camp bluefin flounder hammerhead museum mahi mahi and now this on release I HATE new maps purely because it takes ages for me to adapt and find good weapon choice

When I bought splatoon (June 2nd) the 5 original maps were really awesome except one (arowana) I guess there's always one

Anyone else remember when no one could kill rollers and they just absolutely dominated everyone lol

Last edited:

Kroatoan

Inkling
Finally got to play after the holidays and I'm in love with this new map. Only been playing ranked so far and I already climbed from low B- to B. The tower control route isn't that bad but makes the map oddly small for such a large battlefield. Conveyor belts are really nice, I've been spending the 1st 5-8 seconds just inking up the one at base for an easy special and so no one else has to ink it when they die, which that strategy hasn't lost me a round yet on that map.

Oddly enough, my highest kills have been 13 five times for some reason on that one xD anyone else been getting higher than that? I just can't do it.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
I encountered no lag here...and I played late at night with a lot of people not in my region. But yes, it seems geared towards quick, short range weapons. That's great seeing as that's mostly what I use.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
I love this stage. If you make ample use of swim speed ups and the movement of the conveyors, you can be in and out of both Zones in sz VERY quickly. Also it's pretty contained with lots of places to hide, which suits my playstyle well.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
well i played the rainmaker tower control and splat zones the only one i didn't really like was the splatzone the zones are just too close together but at the same time its a different style soooooooooooooooooooo it is what it is :) with all these new maps and a 4 hour rotation the only thing i don't like is who knows when you will see your favorite map pop up.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
I hope that part of the last update in January involves increasing the map rotation to 3, but I kinda doubt it will happen.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
I mean it's really just a matter of checking your flank and ensuring that someone on the team is keeping tabs on the side area. If you take the initiative and do it yourself, I bet you'll be a lot more successful with it :)

Scones

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shcones
Oh man this might be my new favorite map for turf war with the Inkbrush. So much room to ink. Lots of little alcoves to sneak. Some tricky places to toss sprinklers. Last but certainly not least, the conveyor belts are your best friend. Performing a brush run on a belt is a dream. You can immediately escape enemies if you go in the same direction. Heck, you can even brush run opposing the belt and you move reasonably quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom