• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Piranha Pit

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
The recently announced new maps pirahna pit and ancho v games have been announced and fans have speculated them being the final two maps, if this is the case then it happens to be that only one (ancho v games) is left to have an official release date. confirmed one hour ago by the Splatoon of Japan Twitter account pirahna pit is to land in Splatoon 29th of December AKA tommorow

Some people are confused as to why it does not come Saturday. The answer is simple all countries have to get the map/gear at the same time well if they posted it Saturday then EU and Australia will not be able to play it due to the Splatfest (in 2016 I want to be fit vs in 2016 I want to be rich

Therefore the map is being released early so that everyone can play it

Thankyou

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Oh, cool! I wasn't expecting it to be released this early.

OK, so it's releasing at 11:00 AM on December 29 in Japan, according to the tweet. So that, for North America would be:

- Monday, December 28 @ 6:00 PM - Pacific Time
- Monday, December 28 @ 7:00 PM - Mountain Time
- Monday, December 28 @ 8:00 PM - Central Time
- Monday, December 28 @ 9:00 PM - Eastern Time

For Europe:

- Tuesday, December 29 @ 2:00 AM - Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) / Western European Time
- Tuesday, December 29 @ 3:00 AM - Central European Time
- Tuesday, December 29 @ 4:00 AM - Eastern European Time

Time zones are hard. But that should about cover it for anyone who wants to know exactly when it's coming out. =P

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I can't wait to see how those conveyor belts will work in terms of battle. I wonder if they will count towards the total turf in the map, considering that one person from each team can ink one half of the tread and it'll keep rotating to show each color alternately.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Well that solves one mystery. Another evening stage debut before year's end.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I can't wait to see how those conveyor belts will work in terms of battle. I wonder if they will count towards the total turf in the map, considering that one person from each team can ink one half of the tread and it'll keep rotating to show each color alternately.
I was thinking the exact thing wether they'd be a method of movement or turf counter I guess maybe which side it's facing at the end maybe. the maps layout will be interesting for ranked too

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Well that solves one mystery. Another evening stage debut before year's end.
We can only hope but I doubt it for the last two newly released maps museum d alfonsino and mahi mahi the evening versions for Splatfest came in two Splatfest times. for example we didn't have mahi mahi for pineapples on pizza yay/nay but we will probably have it for this one. It would be nice though because there is numerous days between tomorrow and splatfest

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Ugh I'm not going to be home for a couple days so I won't be able to play it yet. But I'm still excited! It seems like a really interesting map with the conveyor belts, there's so much you can do with them.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Either this is a mistake, or we're getting it early, according to Splatnet.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Looking at the layout, it creates more questions than it answers for me. The spawn points being close to each other and most of the map squished to the side makes me wonder how Rainmaker is going to work and what they did to the layout to discourage spawn-camping. I'm also wondering about the direction of the conveyor belts (do they all move up?) and how they managed to not only find a perfectly rotationally symmetrical island, but also that its rock patterns are also perfectly rotationally symmetrical. (We have seen stages like Walleye Warehouse and Museum d'Alfonsino where, while the stage is physically rotationally symmetrical, the textures are not.)

This will be the absolute worst map for people trying to treat it like a deathmatch though...the next North American Splatfest is going to be torture for competent players on the team with all the splat-happy kids.

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
This might be the best stage IMO. Here's a overview.
Looking at that overview, I have to wonder how they'll tweak the middle for tower control and rainmaker. Neither can really fit right now.

I wonder how the conveyor belts will impact rainmaker in particular.

EDIT:
Looking at the layout, it creates more questions than it answers for me. The spawn points being close to each other and most of the map squished to the side makes me wonder how Rainmaker is going to work and what they did to the layout to discourage spawn-camping. I'm also wondering about the direction of the conveyor belts (do they all move up?) and how they managed to not only find a perfectly rotationally symmetrical island, but also that its rock patterns are also perfectly rotationally symmetrical. (We have seen stages like Walleye Warehouse and Museum d'Alfonsino where, while the stage is physically rotationally symmetrical, the textures are not.)

This will be the absolute worst map for people trying to treat it like a deathmatch though...the next North American Splatfest is going to be torture for competent players on the team with all the splat-happy kids.
IIRC the rainmaker pedestals are located on the large-ish peninsula things on either side of the map

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Splatnet has confirmed it. There hasn't been a splatfest announced for NA yet, so I wonder if that is coming up.

pretty big map. The conveyer ramps should make approaches interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom