• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Walleye Warehouse: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Something weird I find about this map. For chargers, I actually find it more helpful to just get right into the action instead of hanging back like you normally do with chargers.

Like, instead of staying on platforms, it is better to just keep firing partially charged shots, as well get on the same level with the enemy. Due to how short the map is, dying isn't as big of an issue as well, so it is much less risky.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
People should take the L part of their team when the lower-grounded part it ends on is covered in enemy ink.
This is the best way to reclaim it back and you'll possibly be able to flank people. I recommend heading there after you respawn, unless there's a better area to cover that needs your immediate attention.

Life

Senior Squid
Splat Zones on Walleye seem to snowball much harder than on the other maps I've tried it on so far, due to it being very easy to tunnel vision on the Leeroy Jenkins method of charging straight at the opponent over and over and dying over and over. Flanking around the corridors and covering the back half of mid is the only way to consistently get enough ink down to stop their timer, and you can't do that if you just push out of the center every time.

Also, friendly tip. The hallway on the right side, specifically the exit near mid, is actually only covered by the wall on mid side. There's a railing on the out-side of it that people don't know you can shoot through. There was a charger sitting there for a good three seconds waiting for me to come back out in front of the hallway so he could one-shot me, and I was sitting in plain view on the other side of the railing. Had he known that, I would have died, but he didn't, so I taught him the hard way.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's okay. I find it fairly easy to win with about 80% just by camping the middle since it's so small. My least favorite map but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't like it, since all the maps in Splatoon are pretty great.

PhoenixRiku

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SweeetPR
aero rg route.png

Extremely strong opening route. Especially for Aerospray RG since if you are spraying and covering maximum ground you will get your special in the middle of the L section and can usually get pretty free left (upper in the map) center control since you are above anyone that runs through the yellow section. There are a lot of grates along this path which is why you can get special super easily and quickly since you can cover underneath the grates as you run through. Thought I'd share since not many people seem to be doing this strong opening or looking for people using this opening.

Life

Senior Squid
^It's also very good in Splat Zones; flanking is a vital part of beating an enemy that's holed up defensively, and that's one of the only two flanking routes on that map and certainly the more defensible one.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i think this is the only map where you never feel like you have no chance of making a comeback

stuff like blackbelly skatepark becomes a chore to reclaim

Reactions: Rex

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
This is probably the most straightforward map in the game. There really isn't too much in the way of fancy strategies that you can pull; flanking is about as complex as it gets here. Even the Squid Sisters don't have much to offer in tips (other than shooting from the crates
which falls under the general rule that high = good), as evidenced by this quote (may not be exact words):

Callie: So Marie, what's the hottest strategy for this map?

Marie: Umm... try your best?

Edit: This map kind of reminds me of Blood Gulch from Halo, though less open.
Also @WaifuRaccoonBL, did you get the quote I wrote down?

Last edited:

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
View attachment 483

Extremely strong opening route. Especially for Aerospray RG since if you are spraying and covering maximum ground you will get your special in the middle of the L section and can usually get pretty free left (upper in the map) center control since you are above anyone that runs through the yellow section. There are a lot of grates along this path which is why you can get special super easily and quickly since you can cover underneath the grates as you run through. Thought I'd share since not many people seem to be doing this strong opening or looking for people using this opening.
While this approach is good, it's very predictable and you are not helping your team claim the middle first. I would suggest having everyone bum rush the middle and then as the other team is respawning, to mark the territory on the left and right sides respectively

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
While this approach is good, it's very predictable and you are not helping your team claim the middle first. I would suggest having everyone bum rush the middle and then as the other team is respawning, to mark the territory on the left and right sides respectively
I think it is a great start if all your other teammates are working to get to the middle fast, you already prepared the path for any that might end up dying (and it's best to return to action through this path if things are not looking good in the middle) and you'll have your special ready which can help too. Leaving the middle in this map also gives chance for big comebacks from the other teams, so having this area, that is the hardest for enemies to take, painted from the start is good for basically all strategies, you don't need to come back later and can continue to hold the middle.

The right side is more volatile and enemies take it back all the time so it isn't as important really so I agree with leaving it for later, but chargers can get to the center really fast from there too (and I actually prefer it from the middle in Splat Zones, I rush through the middle in Turf Wars though).

PhoenixRiku

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SweeetPR
Bum rushing middle definitely isn't the most optimal solution. Obviously if no one is going mid you should, but from a logical standpoint having 4 run mid actually accomplishes very little, and you can easily help your team claim mid using this route. It also is far less predictable than "bum rushing" straight up the middle.

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
Based on experience, I can safely state that as long as the enemy has section R and you are in the center, you will experience a simulation of being an American Soldier in the Vietnam War, for the following reasons.

1) you will be attacked from all sides.
2) you will die.
3) you will have to take out spawn campers.
4) while dealing with the spawn campers, they other members of the team will overrun the stage.
5) you will lose.

GreyIsSquidNow

Inkling
NNID
Greymanz
A lot of people forget about how useful keeping the side portions of the denter under control is. Its better to place a beacon and hid behing the wall and strike rather than get killed by chargers protected by their ramp thing.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
After looking at this map thoroughly, I'd say its the most basic of all stages. There aren't any clear effective weapons that work very well on Walleye Warehouse. There are enough high points for snipers to excel, there is enough cover for effective flanking with close-ranged weapons, it has enough ground for weapons that excel on their special yet narrow enough for players to play more defensively with seekers or splat walls. Any weapon can do well here with the right mindset. It also pretty much is the most important map where grabbing the centre is key to victory, for turf war and splat zones.

It is my least favourite map but I don't dislike any map in the game. This one is just the least interesting to me.

Mazzle

Inkling
NNID
Mazzle
Mapcontrol is everything. If you hold the center and you're not stupid enough to rush into the enemy base there is under normal circumstances no way that the other team will get a comeback. If you're a sniper, stay on top of the U-tower in the middle of the stage. One stays in front of this, one observes the idle (on your lef side) and another one the upper area on your right. One or two members with throwing bombs are good for distraction and to figure out where they wanna come from (they have to ink over it).
Always keep attention to the map and during the last 10-15 secens you can try to go up their base, especially if one has the Bubbler and provides every teammember with it.

If you're stucked, don't go down the middle. They will kill you. Use the long way around on your left (best: with on other member). Cover the ground, charge your special and maybe you'll get lucky

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mapcontrol is everything. If you hold the center and you're not stupid enough to rush into the enemy base there is under normal circumstances no way that the other team will get a comeback. If you're a sniper, stay on top of the U-tower in the middle of the stage. One stays in front of this, one observes the idle (on your lef side) and another one the upper area on your right. One or two members with throwing bombs are good for distraction and to figure out where they wanna come from (they have to ink over it).
Always keep attention to the map and during the last 10-15 secens you can try to go up their base, especially if one has the Bubbler and provides every teammember with it.

If you're stucked, don't go down the middle. They will kill you. Use the long way around on your left (best: with on other member). Cover the ground, charge your special and maybe you'll get lucky
What mode is this for? Either way, I disagree with a lot of this, for both Turf and Splat zone.

First off, going into the enemy base has extreme advantages. Especially with a blaster and/or inkzooka. (Both in my case as a Luna Blaster main). Using them just right can consistently keep the opponent back. Of course, your whole team shouldn't do it, but someone with enough offensive tools should.

Don't also think the sniper should be stuck at a nest out in the open. This map is an incredible exception to most things about chargers. It's actually better to constantly moving around and hunting down targets for this map. This is because of how open the map is making it easier to get someone before they can run away. And if they do, splat bomb. Standing in one spot just makes it easier for them to hide from you. Also makes it incredibly easy to blindside you.

Depends on your weapon in regards to getting stuck. A blaster can make quick work of people trying to pressure you in your base. As well as a charger.

Again, just any sort of offense is good for going into their base with.

Mazzle

Inkling
NNID
Mazzle
1. Turf War was the mode I meant. Thoght that was clear based on the text. Sorry for that
2. I can only share my experiences. Every time 2 or more of my team are trying to take over the enemy base with more then a minute to play
they'll get all defeated and then the enemies can come out, ink over, get their specials ready and use them when those who tried to control their
base come back to the center. Then they'll most likely get killed again and we lost map control and also the time to go on revenge.
I don't say that this happens every time but I would say around 70% if the time.

About the sniper: Yeah they can move to many placed thanks to this open style of this area, but him staying on the U-Tower-thing, standing in sea full of
ink like a high island, unreachable can be pretty devastating if you have to fight aginst it. The opponents won't even try to get to this point and rather try to
go around it, where the member are just waiting. And thanks to the bombs you can throw up into the corridor on your right, you'll always see if someones coming.

All of this could change if pre-made teams are possible (with Skype, TS and Co) but we will see =)

Mr. Kibbles

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Script_Raider
The price of a close quarters map is less options for routing around the midfield although that certainly does exist in a small way in this warehouse. Getting midfield is the key for consistent wins in Turf Wars, but you have to plug up certain routes to prevent backdoor strategies. Thankfully if your in the center your only a few steps away from these routes.
There is:
- One small hallway to the right of respective base. You really only have to cover it up halfway to see when people will try going through. There are little boxes you can use for cover to prevent people from coming down that route.
- Two walls that lead to the L shape corridor of your base. Offensive players will want to abuse this to surprise the enemies from their L corridor, but defensive inklings should protect theirs at all cost because it is often ignored.
-The platform of each team leaving the middle is the most obvious and dangerous route to spawn because enemies can't swim while going up the ramp. They should never get in. You will see them first and splat them. Unless you can't shoot strait - or your too tired to keep your eyes open.

I kind of like how simple this map is. Midfield isn't too bad either because there's a nice big structure to dance around. It's saved me multiple times. Incidentally, don't ever perch on it. The little platforms facing the base are safer charger spots.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
There is:
- One small hallway to the right of respective base. You really only have to cover it up halfway to see when people will try going through. There are little boxes you can use for cover to prevent people from coming down that route.
- Two walls that lead to the L shape corridor of your base. Offensive players will want to abuse this to surprise the enemies from their L corridor, but defensive inklings should protect theirs at all cost because it is often ignored.
-The platform of each team leaving the middle is the most obvious and dangerous route to spawn because enemies can't swim while going up the ramp. They should never get in. You will see them first and splat them. Unless you can't shoot strait - or your too tired to keep your eyes open.
If I PM'd you a picture of the overhead map, could you fill in these areas? I'm a visual learner, so if you did, I would totally know what you were talking about (Though I already know what you mean by the first bulletpoint).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom