• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

✨bad ideas for special weapons✨

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
these are taken from a note i wrote up in my notes app when bored at work over a year ago. phrasing may have been changed from the original for clarity.
  • Bomb Launcher Redux: allows you to throw one sub weapon (different from what your weapon's actual sub weapon is). despite the name, this sub is not necessarily a bomb; you could get the chance to throw one [1] toxic mist and that's it, that's the whole special.
  • Precognition: if splatted while this special is active, you can turn back time to the point you activated the special. this affects everyone in the match.
  • Ink Swap: allows you to switch weapons (and kits) with an opponent until either of you deal any damage to the other. if you use is on an opponent running the same weapon kit as you, your game crashes; patches continuously do not address this. was going to be called Squid Swap in the NoA translation but the localization team remembered at the last minute that octolings are playable now.
  • Phone-A-Friend: adds an AI-controlled octoling soldier to your team for the special's duration (she jumps out afterwards). she gets a name and if she doesn't get splatted during her first match she'll hang out in the plaza, often with li'l buddy. as you play more matches with Phone-A-Friend weapons you'll notice her try out new weapon classes, start wearing gear besides her armor, develop a personality outside of her military background... but if she's splatted once, she does not respawn and you never see her again, even in the plaza. (you get a new friend the next time you activate the special. 😃)
  • Dear Squid Jesus Please Disconnect My Enemies: what do you think this one does
  • Wave Breaker Breaker: slightly bigger wave breaker that does nothing to players, but instantly destroys normal wave breakers. this doesn't necessarily mean enemy wave breakers.
  • Mutually Assured Destruction: instantly splats you and the enemy player closest to you. unlimited range; if the nearest player is across the map, it still affects them. applies respawn punisher effects to both of you.
  • Bite: just start biting people
Bonus! here's two that were in the original note, but are now obsolete:
  • Kraken Redux: for about 8 seconds you are in swim form. that's it, really
    • obsolete because now we have actual "kraken redux" in the form of kraken royale. my version wouldn't have allowed for Clam Blitz Kraken Cheese, though, so i think i was onto something, actually
  • Neurotoxic Mist: bigger toxic mist that distorts enemy players' vision and UI. just about as easy to avoid as regular toxic mist.
"do you take constructive criticism?" thanks for asking! no i do not, i only take harsh, non-constructive hate messages and threats

Last edited:

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
I am going to murder you (via game crash)

...btw completely unrelated what weapon do you main?
y'see i'm a tetra main at heart but recently i've been vibing with the Unclear Dapple Dualies (mist/precog). i have seen this engagement play out in my mind's eye already. i'm the king of the moon and game crashes can't stop me. 😌

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
y'see i'm a tetra main at heart but recently i've been vibing with the Unclear Dapple Dualies (mist/precog). i have seen this engagement play out in my mind's eye already. i'm the king of the moon and game crashes can't stop me. 😌
wait if I use the same kit as you then I won't have ink swap

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
like yo hair starts flowing upwards as if squid jesus is snatching your weave and bam
the enemy team dies

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
so i think everyone will be an inkling girl with the long hair.. god the long hair meta is coming

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
i think this song is pretty much the tempo this special is supposed to be used at

GiggaPoggers

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
superstar
Switch Friend Code
SW-7556-4937-7869
Phone a friend is hilarious bro (maybe i could help w these msg me)

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
loool phone a friend is breaking my heart just in concept. amazing.

I keep saying they should replace Reefslider with Reefslider Rush, in which you just launch 4 consecutive reefslider sharks in the general direction of the nearest enemy (only octolings get to use this inklings just get normal reefslider sorry)

Alternatively: Reefspider: just plants a tiny spider somewhere that makes everyone freeze and jump for a second as soon as they see it. It is invincible and if you ink it it just runs away somewhere else to startle you again later (if it stays in the same spot it won't startle you more than once).

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
Alternatively: Reefspider: just plants a tiny spider somewhere that makes everyone freeze and jump for a second as soon as they see it. It is invincible and if you ink it it just runs away somewhere else to startle you again later (if it stays in the same spot it won't startle you more than once).
complication: enough people raise concerns with having a spider in splatoon all of a sudden that you now must develop an arachnophobia mode version of this special. what's your next move? (much like how screen had the visual changed but the devs didn't touch the sound effects that also gave people issues, your solution doesn't necessarily need to be 100% effective)

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
complication: enough people raise concerns with having a spider in splatoon all of a sudden that you now must develop an arachnophobia mode version of this special. what's your next move? (much like how screen had the visual changed but the devs didn't touch the sound effects that also gave people issues, your solution doesn't necessarily need to be 100% effective)
Option A:
+ Added an animation so that upon startling a player, the Reefspider presents a large, friendly smile showing that it means no harm.
Option B:
+ Removed two legs from the Reefspider model. The name of the special remains unchanged.
(Turns out the two legs were both removed from the left side)

2Ws2Ls

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3607-4410-2815
lethal company style, its just SPIDER in 3d text with legs

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I have one,

a weapon designed to crash your opponent's game

a tri zooka but it has infinite shots like an inkzooka but one hit from it and then your game crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom