2.3 GEAR HUNTING

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Opening Gambit?

On the beret?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
At least there's a small bit of practicality for it in ranked, unlike Last Ditch Effort.

Anyway, looks like the gear hunt is over. Thanks inkipedia.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Can someone please explain to me why we need yet another pair of glasses with Last Ditch Effort?
While shades allow you to block out the rare harmful rays of sunlight, they can make it harder to see things that you'd be able to spot without them. Last-Ditch Effort may boost your ink efficiency and recovery rates, it only does it in the last thirty seconds, when the victor has most likely been decided, and it doesn't apply to overtime.

In short; both provide a reasonable service, but are too outweighed by disadvantages to really matter. Perfect synergy.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
Can someone please explain to me why we need yet another pair of glasses with Last Ditch Effort?
Well notice that it's Octoling gear. And the whole single player storyline of Splatoon is the Octolings' "last ditch effort" to win the war.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Pretty disappointing main ability + brand combinations overall, way too much stinkin forge gear.
Really I'm more disappointed that all the new Krak-on gear is one-star. I guess it's to emphasize that the company is footwear first (as they pretty much are the inkling equivalent to Converse), but I really don't think it was necessary.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Really I'm more disappointed that all the new Krak-on gear is one-star. I guess it's to emphasize that the company is footwear first (as they pretty much are the inkling equivalent to Converse), but I really don't think it was necessary.
Why is that bad? If anything 1-Star gear is preferred since it's subs unlock faster.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
What I currently have to offer:

Special Forces Beret :ability_openinggambit: Forge

Paisley Bandanna :ability_inksaversub: Krak on
Skull Bandanna :ability_specialsaver:Forge
Squid Satin Jacket :ability_quickrespawn: Zekko
FC Albacore :ability_damage: Takoroka
Lumberjack Shirt :ability_inksavermain: Rockenburg
LE Soccer Cleats :ability_inkresistance: Takoroka

Literally all I'm hunting for atm is Blue Sea Slugs. The brand strength and main sound fantastic for ranked.

My NNID is the same as my username. message me if you need any of my stuff. Or reply. The subs are a bit random and I tend to spend every 30k so I can't really re-roll or add slots atm. Apologies for any bad subs.

Last edited:

mm201

Senior Squid
NNID
kaizo201
My crawler discovered, via the Japanese website, a shirt which is missing from the wiki:

(This is NOT the Baby-Jelly Shirt, but it did appear as an unreleased shirt in Nikki's original datamine.)

Last edited:

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
My crawler discovered, via the Japanese website, a shirt which is missing from the wiki:

(This is NOT the Baby-Jelly Shirt, but it did appear as an unreleased shirt in Nikki's original datamine.)
Shirtstravaganza isn't in the update as far as I'm concerned. I like to think that was scrapped because it's too similar to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom