• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

.52 vs .96 deco?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
But there have been at least two instances Using a .52 against someone with fully stacking defence up and dying because of that.
And there are likely more instances where your lack of ink indirectly put you at a disadvantage. For example having to submerge too often, preventing you from turfing and giving the enemy a free pass into your flank.

The point that was being made was that by in large, either directly or indirectly, you'd be better off with ink saver and recovery to mitigate one of the more glaring weaknesses of the weapon. That said, these are guidelines and if your playstyle supports the need for extra damage up, go for it. Don't let us tell you you can't do something.

H4I

Inkling
NNID
TheLateLateShow
I use the 52 Gal way to much, never used 96 but i used the deco a lot to, but for me, 52 is a lot better, but in range you should go with 96, thats what i do

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
You do not need full damage up, it takes 1 main or so to cancel cap defense up?

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
You do not need full damage up, it takes 1 main or so to cancel cap defense up?
In the case of the .52 Gal damage up is a completely defensive ability. So you need to put as many damage ups as you expect the enemy will wear defense ups to counteract them.

If you wear 1 damage up but the enemy wears 2 defense up the .52 gal will become a 3 hit kill.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
In the case of the .52 Gal damage up is a completely defensive ability. So you need to put as many damage ups as you expect the enemy will wear defense ups to counteract them.

If you wear 1 damage up but the enemy wears 2 defense up the .52 gal will become a 3 hit kill.
no....
I agree it SHOULD work like that but it doesn't

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like the .52 the most, in special the Deco variation. Splash Walls are useless on my hands, unlike the seekers.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
no....
I agree it SHOULD work like that but it doesn't
It does for the most part. Once you get 2 damage mains you can take out someone with 3 defense in 2 shots. so you would only need 3 mains if you wanted to defend against 3 mains + subs

I would say that 2 damage up mains is ideal for the the .52 gal

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
It does for the most part. Once you get 2 damage mains you can take out someone with 3 defense in 2 shots. so you would only need 3 mains if you wanted to defend against 3 mains + subs

I would say that 2 damage up mains is ideal for the the .52 gal
you liked contradicted your self though...

that is wrong, 1 damage up 2 shots 2 defense up, I am not sure what is needed to counter 3+, i think 1 and 2 subs means always 2 hit but i am not sure because you cant test subs well...

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
you liked contradicted your self though...

that is wrong, 1 damage up 2 shots 2 defense up, I am not sure what is needed to counter 3+, i think 1 and 2 subs means always 2 hit but i am not sure because you cant test subs well...
2 mains counters 3 not 3+ thats why I said I recommend 2 mains.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i was a 52 gal main and a few weeks ago started playing the 96 and the fact is the combo together is the best, i just play the weapon that suits the game style and map best. ex moray i use 96 and port mack i use the 52, i like 96 for tower control especially....i can ping them off the tower and use kraken to bring the tower home.

96 - i use ink galore in my build with cold blooded
52 - 1 main dam and 3 subs and rest ink and swim speed and cold blooded

since i started rotating the 2 weapons according to map i haven't fallen out of s rank in 2 weeks

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
Idk about anyone else, but 96 Deco (I hate the Killer Wail)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom