• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

7.0.0 patch notes

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Glooga buff is the only hopium I have in terms of balance this patch. If that paint buff helps with trapping and special output enough, we might have a weapon to fight pencil

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Honestly it's not the end of the world to me that we got kind of a nothing burger of a balance patch. Genuinely very shocked by the lack of a pencil change, like I was dead set on that happening, but it's really fine to me. There's stuff that can be improved, like obviously there's always gonna be, but I enjoyed the game before and I'll continue to enjoy the game now. Sure as heck beats them buffing, I dunno, Zipcaster into becoming an unreactable panic button like Trizooka or something similar.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Sure as heck beats them buffing, I dunno, Zipcaster into becoming an unreactable panic button like Trizooka or something similar.
zipcaster now creates a suction bomb-sized explosion around you immediately when you activate it

also people are being a bit too harsh on 6.1.0 i think... it didn't totally change the meta, which is needed at top level right now, yeah, but it did have a lot of really nice changes for weapons that needed them (the changes to flingza and dynamo in particular felt really great), and the new utility it added to wave breaker and ink storm were really cool. it's a sign that they are interested in making cool changes to stuff that needs it, eventually, and honestly i think the game feels pretty great casually at least since the midseason patch. they took a while with crab meta and they're gonna take a while with cooler meta, which sucks a bit, but i'm pretty confident it'll be resolved eventually

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
It's just rough! For basically 30 patches in a row we've gone "Wow, that's not great. The next one should be good."
Now this season is hyper-accelerated where every individual thing revealed is met with "maybe the next thing is good! Dread kit should be good. ooh-- E-Liter should be good! ok, i mean i guess that's nice, but hey we should get a second, returning stage, right? oh, no? ok but the patch notes should be good"

And... well
A lot of us are at the end of our rope. AND IT SUCKS, I DON'T WANNA BE CYNICAL OLD MAN
I HATE BEING CYNICAL OLD MAN

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I think the only issue with the patch is that there were *too little* changes, which is honestly a start compared to there being too many

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
And... well
A lot of us are at the end of our rope. AND IT SUCKS, I DON'T WANNA BE CYNICAL OLD MAN
I love being a cynical old man, but I'd much rather be a cynical old man about anything other than Splatoon.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
It's just rough! For basically 30 patches in a row we've gone "Wow, that's not great. The next one should be good."
Now this season is hyper-accelerated where every individual thing revealed is met with "maybe the next thing is good! Dread kit should be good. ooh-- E-Liter should be good! ok, i mean i guess that's nice, but hey we should get a second, returning stage, right? oh, no? ok but the patch notes should be good"

And... well
Basically how I feel too lol
I really just want this game to be as good as it can be and it feels held back by the choices the devs make

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Yeah, I don't always want to be so negative about games I like.
There's a lot of justified criticism for the content and balance patches but even with all that, Splatoon 3 is still a really fun game.
It's just that it could be a lot better.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
Yeah, when I load up the game and play, I'm having a fun time!

When I turn to look at the update system that the devs do want the players to look at and engage with, I'm just sad... A month from now we'll just be playing and doing our thing, but when the season of "oooh, big potential, what's it gonna be?" hits, it can get really rough.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
153 pieces of gear added to store product lineups.
?!?! That's a lot of gear. And my guess is a lot of it is returning splat2 gear which is also exciting. Between that and extra adjustment capabilities this could be a lot of fun.

Fixed an issue that sometimes made Fish Sticks appear less frequently in wave three when the tide level is the same for waves one and three, but wave two has a different tide level.
This is SO SPECIFIC I love reading the fixes for this reason.

Ultimately I'm looking forward to it, though I do understand the balance frustrations. (The fact they finally buffed reefslider but ONLY FOR SALMON made me wilt a little.) We'll see what happens in the mid-season patch I suppose.

*Buster*

Inkster Jr.
It’s a patch that’s for sure! The .52 and Emperry nerfs weren’t needed at all but maybe Nintendo knows something we don’t? That’s copium but eh, I doubt this patch will change much.

:pancakes:

Inkling
It’s a patch that’s for sure! The .52 and Emperry nerfs weren’t needed at all but maybe Nintendo knows something we don’t? That’s copium but eh, I doubt this patch will change much.
turf war meta. they know turf war meta. almost every change in this game has been based around koshien tournaments in japan, which are turf war only. my guess for lack of a pencil nerf is maybe it's not as dominant in koshien and until worlds the devs just won't realize it's good(copium) because they don't have a good grasp on the meta in ranked modes/the west.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
I mean, I guess I don't have to run LDE on Swig now, so that's kinda nice; not super helpful though.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I can't get over how this is the ENTIRETY of 52's version history since the game released. (Now add on the fact that we also had to wait this long for 52 Deco!)
1708690352220.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom