A "friendly" rant

Das

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DasIsKing
People should be able to report players. Those who are getting a lot should get locked out. If they play five games and are reported three times, why shouldnt they be punished?

If private lobbies stop this, fair enough. But people shouldnt be able to ruin the game for others. Just going to bring the game down, we should all be helping the game get bigger.
The only problem I see, is if you players start reporting people based on the fact if they aren't playing well. There is a difference between someone trolling around, and maybe a younger player who isn't as advanced but is trying,

It's hard to balance, and I've noticed that the players for this game are really intense.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I've come across it a few times, but in my experience it's mostly just a group of friends trying to play together, hoping i will leave the lobby to free up the space for their other friends to enter. Which i do. I don't mind it that much, plus it's a problem that will be fixed tomorrow i suppose.

That said, i do just kill them if they are squidbagging around. They can have their fun after i leave, so let me have mine too :p
Done this. Although to be fair it was because we were trying to get a full room to play with each other, had 7 of 8 people there and the one random wouldn't leave. I play against my friends all the time though even when its a team full of them versus me and a team of randoms so we don't do the friendly thing for fun or to be "nice" to each other. This point is moot now as friend lobbies and joining the same team will be a thing tonight so this wont be an issue any longer.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
You know what though, overall I like it when people are willing to mess around like this in online games.

I remember back in the day in Halo and other shooters, generally if you started messing around, teabagging in place, etc in good spirit, people would usually join in on the fun for a bit before going to back to battle. Nowadays, if I'm playing an unranked ARAM in a moba or something and the enemy is demolishing my team, if I try to mess around to have a little fun, the enemy will always try really hard and focus me down as if their lives are on the line. It's such a buzzkill.

So, in a way, I'm glad that if I start Magikarping around or something in Turf Wars, the enemy will usually get in on the fun too. I know this isn't exactly the behavior Blue is referring to, but I'd rather this game's unranked community be laid back and willing to mess around than be in SUPER SERIOUS TRYHARD MODE AT ALL TIMES like I see in other games. Food for thought.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
You know what though, overall I like it when people are willing to mess around like this in online games.

I remember back in the day in Halo and other shooters, generally if you started messing around, teabagging in place, etc in good spirit, people would usually join in on the fun for a bit before going to back to battle. Nowadays, if I'm playing an unranked ARAM in a moba or something and the enemy is demolishing my team, if I try to mess around to have a little fun, the enemy will always try really hard and focus me down as if their lives are on the line. It's such a buzzkill.

So, in a way, I'm glad that if I start Magikarping around or something in Turf Wars, the enemy will usually get in on the fun too. I know this isn't exactly the behavior Blue is referring to, but I'd rather this game's unranked community be laid back and willing to mess around than be in SUPER SERIOUS TRYHARD MODE AT ALL TIMES like I see in other games. Food for thought.
There is a difference when it disrupts the battle for a small time, and then everything goes back to business, and then doing it for the whole match.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
There is a difference when it disrupts the battle for a small time, and then everything goes back to business, and then doing it for the whole match.
Yeah that's something different.

Haven't we kinda concluded though that those lobbies are usually full of friends trying to get the last person to quit so they can be playing with more friends? I don't have a problem with that honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom