• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A good second for an Octobrush vanilla main?

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I'd like to think that I'm a pretty good Octobrush vanilla main, but I'm having trouble with a lot of maps and gamemodes - Tower Control and Kelp Dome in particular.

Kelp Dome can't benefit from beakons because everything's so close together, especially in ranked with that little block which leads straight to the splat zone, tower or rainmaker. It's so flat that it can be difficult to get the jump on people without ninja squid, and running ninja squid slows the kraken. The Nouveau seems to be a good fit, but I don't want to get confused between sets, and I have a feeling that I will.

Tower Control is straight-up bad for brushes, renders beakons almost useless because there's usually someone on or near the tower anyway (or they're on the tower so you don't have to swim as far), and I can never charge up my kraken because it's high depletion and Tower Control is very aggressive. Even the Nouveau doesn't fix that fully, because splat bombs are much harder to land on the tower than suction bombs, and the inkzooka is stopped by the pole in the middle.

So my question is, what would fill that gap? At the moment I think it might be a toss-up between a charger, blaster and maybe a dynamo roller, but I have no idea which would be best in those situations, and I'd like a second (hah!) opinion from someone who actually knows something about the game.

I'll say that I'm terrible with burst bombs and any bomb rush in the game. I'm also pretty unconfident in my ability with a blaster, but I think that's just because they're such weird weapons.

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
You should play the Octobrush Nouveau, I do and it's great in kelp dome. Tower Control is a bit more tricky. As an inkbrush user, I can tell you that an Inkbrush Nouveau is the best inkbrush for TC, but inkbrushes aren't a very good choice for TC. For TC I would recommend a charger class weapon or even a Splattershot Jr.(They may be the most basic weapon, but can be great at Tower Control if used right.) Use whatever weapon you want.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Only way to find out is to start plowing through weapons ;P

But I'd recommend starting back at a classic:
Splat Roller!

The Meme Lord

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gravityfallsboy
I really haven't expanded my use of weapons past my mains, rollers and brushes, but I can tell you Blasters are amazing on Tower Control, specifically the Vanilla Luna Blaster. Ink Mines set up traps for the Tower and the Inkzooka can take out Tower riders in a snap.But if you want to feels more familar to the Octobrush, the Nouveau and Permabrush are great choices. Splat Bombs pressure the Tower, but the special depends on your taste, long range or short range. That's all for me, so hope I helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom