A+ Ranked Strategy: Video Mini-Series (~1h 30min)

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
That's not the only use to super jumping. It can also be used when you are in a tight situation and know your death is incoming. Cornered by foes? Kraken coming to get you? Super Jump! The faster your super jump, the more of an option this is. It's not at all an option for people with stealth jump, though :p
which is something I make sure to point out in the video

basically sjing has benefits but they're outweighed by such a large number of drawbacks that even in the times where you could sj safely it's rarely actually worth it

as I said in the video, the only times you want to sj over any of the other options available to you is when you need to be somewhere now. this is either spawn (if you're escaping) or the objective (if it's about to hit OT or if you are about to pass the other team's score in towers).

Make one for tower control
will do eventually. right now I'm still trying to figure out the best way to play weapons that don't break the mode

I strongly disagree that scoped weapons are "just better" Scoped weapons get slowed down when charging and have a limited view that non-scopes don't have to deal with, the trade off with range really isn't worth it. Scoping a weapon essentially makes it far more defensive than it needs to be, and splatoon is certainly a game that requires everyone to move effectively. Scoped weapons are certainly for a type of play-style, but they just don't "outright" outclass their non-scoped versions.
it's partly a preference thing (if you're better without the scope, the weapon having a little more range isn't going to matter that much) but as it turns out the game data disagrees about being slower when moving (the weapons are actually identical aside from the increased range & the scope, plus a couple other random things that don't matter that much).

I hadn't even realised when I made this video but even though, yes, you retain your fov with a non-scoped weapon (which is useful) this actually means you can get crosshair bugged, which makes any kind of peek battle MUCH harder (scopes should almost always win peek battles as a result).

personally while I can see why people would say the scope is less aggressive, I've had plenty of success playing an aggressive charger in ranked (made an account entirely for it) and until I learned how to use scope I was always struggling on those maps where the extra range actually matters.

Freelance Spy

Inkling
NNID
freelancespy87
It just depends on the map in my opinion. The thing with Blasters is you don't go gung-ho with them. You have to depend on your team having good area control so you can AMBUSH players with it. So you need to play on maps that favor ambushing. I managed to rank up quite a bit using Blasters, going positive in every game.

It may not be top tier. But it is doable to get to A+ with it.
Can't you just ambush better with carbon roller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom