• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

a sword in splatoon would be cool

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
No, it really wouldn't. Part of the charm of Splatoon are the unconventional weapons. If you want a sword, pick the inkbrush and use your imagination.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
Isn't the Octobrush based off of some of the thicker Japanese calligraphy brushes?
So it's kinda close but not quite?
The Inkbrush is closer to a calligraphy pen than the Octobrush. The Octobrush is actually more similar to a paintbrush. A fountain pen can be seen in my avatar and a few post up. If a fountain pen was a thing it'd be faster than the Inkbrush but cover even less ground and probably do more damage in the smaller area to give it more of a viability option.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The Inkbrush is closer to a calligraphy pen than the Octobrush. The Octobrush is actually more similar to a paintbrush. A fountain pen can be seen in my avatar and a few post up. If a fountain pen was a thing it'd be faster than the Inkbrush but cover even less ground and probably do more damage in the smaller area to give it more of a viability option.
I know what a fountain pen is but I was just trying to match the analogy/saying.

and a thinner inkbrush? Not sure if that's a good idea- its hard enough to not step on enemy ink or squid in the trail of ink brushes, so I don't think it could be too much thinner.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Faster than an ink brush would be faster than swimming in your own ink. It's a good idea, but that's not the way I would see it working.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
An Inkbrush that looks like a Sword would be cool but a whole new weapon type wouldnt work

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
That fountain pen looks good and makes sense too, if you've ever used one of this you'd know that they can leak like crazy if shaken the wrong/right way (so the melee swing/shake/stab animation would throw a lot of ink out). To balance it the inkline would be even narrower than the Inkbrush's.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
I was thinking they should put like a ink sword into the game that shoots ink like when link has full health and he has the master sword the little like wave thing I think they should ink-orporate something like that maybe I should just draw what I mean (sorry I'm not that good a drawing)View attachment 1385
You mean the roller isn't a sword??

kellie

Inkling
NNID
tristessa78
That illustration....I would hate to be attacked by that every day:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom