• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A team with the same weapon

Solar~Beam

Inkling
NNID
riot404
I went up against a team of all rollers today in TC, actually. It was a mix, I think like two Krak-ons and maybe two Splats? Maybe a Carbon in there? Either way it was an interesting match but we basically cheesed our way to victory.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I was placed on a team with 3 chargers on Moray (I was also using a charger). We were doing well for a while... then the other team pushes hard... then we started dying... then many sad faces were had...

I'm not even sure how these kind if things happen. They're obviously coincidences, but this thread is saying it happens quite often. The question is why? Weapon popularity? Can someone please answer my question with a logical answer?

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Had a few all roller games in S/S+ rank lobbies. I was pretty mad at the start of all of those games, because our line up was straight booty against the gals, tenteteks, e liters, the list goes on. Some how, I've won all of those "all roller" games in rank.

That map can be troublesome with chargers around, I usually try to beat them to their camping spot first by taking advantage of a blind spot where no charger can get me. But you gotta be quick and stealthy, you don't want your opponets to get suspicious.

Because the almighty RNG God decides on your team, if it wants more of the same weapons for each team then it shall be decided and you shall become a part of it's own experiments... But yeah, weapon popularity can have a factor to it depending on which map is in rotation.
That's a startling thought.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I run into 4 tentateks on occasions. I also end up in teams of 4 rollers (sometimes all the same or half & half) which sometimes feels like (literally) an uphill battle on vertical maps like Flounder Heights.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Did you lose while fighting the Sploosh-o-matics or while playing alongside them?
Against them. We were playing against squid squad, who were streaming haha. They used alot of beacons.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I'm not even sure how these kind if things happen. They're obviously coincidences, but this thread is saying it happens quite often. The question is why? Weapon popularity? Can someone please answer my question with a logical answer?
It's generally weapon popularity and/or new weapon hype.

florence

Full Squid
was on a team with 4 sloshers on kelp dome in turf war, we won. not surprising, it's a pretty versatile weapon.

Toaster

Senior Squid
I was playing turf war the other day and everyone but for this one guy on the other team was using a roller, it was beautiful.

Shroomsy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shroomsy
Played against a squad of four japanese brushes on Bluefin zones. 2 inkbrush nouveaus, an octobrush and a standard inkbrush. They got really creative with their approaches and their pushes were super-coordinated, three of us got wiped a couple of times. I'm pretty sure they had voice chat going and we would have gotten destroyed if they were using literally anything else.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
In a 4 man squad we lost to a team of bamboozlers on tower control on flounder heights, I felt disgust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom