• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[A tip from Judd] Y-Strafe

What do you think of this tip?

• Silly

• Useless

• Something

• Potentionally Practical

Results are only viewable after voting.

superman

Senior Squid
Sounds like you just can't deal with it to be honest. Calm down and play the game. If you can't, then play your other games.
I do and I'm fine with it and I enjoy Splatoon. I know that sometimes I'm overly critical even though Nintendo is one of the few studios still producing quality games.

Like I said I do enjoy Splatoon very much and I think that it's an incredibly well designed game but there's still a ton of bad design choices, I suspect mainly because it's the studio's first shooter. I expected Splatoon to be what it is, a well designed but flawed game, if we voice our concerns it might actually lead to a better sequel though.

Njok

Bouncer
Back on topic: i tried it and do see the point in it tbh. You can do the same thing by just holding the gamepad in a fixed position.

But it's cool that Judd actually had something interesting to say for once.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
if we voice our concerns it might actually lead to a better sequel though
Not just to a better sequel - as the dev team is actively changing and patching the game, they could implement the one or another feature right now in Splatoon, if enough people ask for something.
Customizable buttons to a certain extent would be nice, I think I'd still prefer to fire my special with L (which is used for nothing) instead of pressing the right stick.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Not just to a better sequel - as the dev team is actively changing and patching the game, they could implement the one or another feature right now in Splatoon, if enough people ask for something.
Customizable buttons to a certain extent would be nice, I think I'd still prefer to fire my special with L (which is used for nothing) instead of pressing the right stick.
See now THIS is something that just makes sense. We have the right trigger firing the main weapon, but the left trigger does absolutely nothing... I feel like this was looked at and considered... but then taken out because of no reason whatsoever... Look at most Nintendo games since the beginning of forever, the left hand is used for 2 things:
1) The control stick
2) ONE button being either L or Z in the case of N64

Here in Splatoon we see the left hand doing only a single thing: Controlling movement. Why change the formula now? Was it to be all fancy and use the clicking control sticks? If so, why not make it the left stick? Damn it Nintendo, just make sense already...

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Customization is good, but let's imagine a scenario:
You go into a game's options, and try customizing your controls. Suddenly, EVERYTHING can be customized, down to each and every button and analog stick. The question is, what would you do?

This isn't PC gaming; It's console gaming.
Are you saying that because people would never make the most out of all those options, there's no reason to include them? I mean, it's either that or you're saying that console gamers can't make sense of all those options.

Well, I (and I would imagine many other people) would likely just change something minor. The thing is, that the minor change one person would make may differ from someone else's. I would just make it so that the camera is always staying still as if you're holding Y, but someone like TheMH would simply move special to L, kids who aren't allowed to use Skype may only move voice commends from the d-pad to the very lonely and unused A and B buttons, a lefty may just swap analog and trigger functions, etc. So all those customizations matter, they just don't all matter to a single person. It's probably rare where someone is so disgusted with a game's controls that they need to completely rework everything.

So being on a console doesn't mean there shouldn't have to be control options. I just think that this doesn't get complained about much because games generally
come out of the box with controls that work apart from the minor things.

unforgiven

Inkster Jr.
I'm sure it has its uses, but I can't find myself using this trick in any situation.
I prefer turning the Gamepad to spray and squid form to move around.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm happy I know this know, as it sounds amaazingly useful. I'm also SO MAD. How did I not know this?! Why?! Callie, why have you forsaken me?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom